Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New HPI Short Course Truck "Blitz"

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:57 PM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New HPI Short Course Truck

ORIGINAL: mdst1960

I like ALL types of RC companies and have no loyalty to any one brand. Redcat's owner and company are located in Phx Arizona and imports the parts from afactory in China. SO DOES: HPI, Traxxas just to name a few.
That's where you're wrong, Traxxas has their vehicles made in Taiwan.Tamiya still makes their RCs in Japan. Also, Redcat is a chinese company with offices in the US for handling customer service and other issues. HPI and Tamiya are Japanese, and Traxxas is American. The quality of materials and quality control that companies provide also also play a major role in how good something is. I can understand that you want to defend Redcat since you own one, but keep your facts straight.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:10 PM
whipnet

Is HPI Japanese? I think it might have been started by a Japanese American, but their first office was in California I thought.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:31 PM
mdst1960

Just thought you would like to know that Redcat company is located in Phoenix AZ (I know because I live there and buy my parts from them ) They get there products from a factory IN CHINA. But the Owner and the Company are in Phx. Arizona. I am not trying to be rude I just thought you should have the facts.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:47 AM
mdst1960

I am almost certain the Slash body will fit but you have drill holes in the right spots
Old 09-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Redvanmafia

Redcat is junk, get over it buddy. everything is made in japan these days or some far off country. because they can pay them 10cents an hour, cost them 50 bucks to make a truck maybe less, and then turn and sell it for 300 its how it works
Old 09-06-2009, 02:39 PM
ScottStaypuff

Argh, the Blitz is also on my short list of next vehicles to get. Seems like an adapted E-Firestorm would be the perfect SC truck. Tough like a Slash and a bit more raceable like an SC10.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:49 PM
mdst1960

I own many different brands of RC products. I agree Redcat is not in the same quality bracket as Losi, AE, and Traxxas.
Everybody is entitled to their own personal opinion and I respect yours. If you think they are junk that's OK with me I do not agree but who cares. Obviously you had a bad experience with them and I would be the first to tell you they have many quality issues. But my Redcats are FASTER stock out of the box with no modifications and I have not had any major issues so they are a lot of bang for my buck. I can buy 3 Aftershocks for the price of one AE SC8 or Traxxas Slayer. But that does NOT make them a better Desert Race Truck. It does make it affordable to people who might not otherwise be able to buy Track Race Quality. So lighten up and at least be kind enough to say that you don't prefer them insted of resorting to statements like "junk"
My Losi Strike will be here any day and I can't wait because I won't have to put up with negative comments from people any more. And I just Pre- orderd my HPI Blitz. I made a big mistake posting pictures on the wrong thread. It was just a mistake I got my reply's mixed up. and did not mean to offend anyone by posting my redcat pictures.
Just so you know I will be raceing my Slash later on today and will take the Redcat along just for fun. But I am certain to run in to people like yourself who will try and degrade me for it. Funny how people I know call them junk and they never even owned one. I even take several and offer to let people drive them. Some do and some don't those who do say they are impressed with the speed. And I speak only of Short Course Desert Race Truck Models. Those are the only Redcats I have driven and I am refering the ONLY those Trucks.
Once again I do RESPECT your opinion I would hope you will respect mine as well.
Peace
Old 09-06-2009, 02:55 PM
mdst1960

I agree 100%!!! I wish the Blitz would get here before my Strike. I think the Blitz will do better in moister loose packed dirt, but Iguess I won't know untill they get here. What one do you think will be a better Track racer?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Redvanmafia

I respect what your sayin' buddy!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 PM
dantheman237

i am looking into buying the hpi blitz or the traxxas slash. which would be better for bashing?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

we don't know yet, since the blitz isn't out yet......we can only guess
Old 09-14-2009, 07:43 AM
mdst1960

Hard to say since the Blitz is not for sale untill mid October but for bashing one advantage is the slash is waterproof. Other than that (for bashing arounf) it will allways be a matter of personal opinion.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:36 PM
dantheman237

the slash is waterproof stock?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Brainanator

ORIGINAL: dantheman237

the slash is waterproof stock?
yes, if you had done *almost* any research you would have found this out right away, since most places that sell it make sure you know it is waterproof; it is a fairly big selling point....
the first place to look for info on a car is the manufacturer website, that's where you get the facts. Then you look at forums for less biased opinions on the vehicle.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:14 PM
dantheman237

which is faster out of the box?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Brainanator

the blitz isn't out yet.....again, we don't really know, I don't know if HPI has released any info on it's top speed, and again, if they have, it can probably be answered with a simple google search.

I will guess, that they run at about the same speed stock.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 AM
whipnet

ORIGINAL: dantheman237

which is faster out of the box?
I don't think in RTR terms, so my short-course trucks are as fast as I want them to be. But I think the motor turn and gearing will equal out real close to a stock Slash or SC10.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:07 PM
mdst1960

Yes the Traxxas Slash is waterproof. It is one of the features that makes them such a great off road truck. They also have an incredible 3.5" ground clearence so they can go places other short course trucks can't. HOWEVER this feature gives a high center of gravity and you have be carefull takeing corners and sharp curves because it "flips" at even moderate speeds. But with some practice you can learn to finess the throttle and brake slightly at the right moments to solve this. Just to let you know I am not an expert but I only own SHORT COURSE DESERT TRUCKS nothing else so I LIKE ALL brands and do not ever say one is better than the other. Each brand has features that make is better (or worse) than another. You are doing the right thing buy useing these forums to get a variety of opinions from a broad base of hobbiest all across the world. Everone has a personal opinion and is mostley based on the brand they own and only thatr brand. Since I have no loyalty to one brand (because I own different ones) my opinions are based on FACTS and what features I like best. I hope you will keep an open mind when you do purchase what ever brand you choose and buy other brands (if you can afford them) and you don't get overly opinionated and become a "brand loyalist" and say every thing else "sucks" or is "junk" just beacause thats not the one you own.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:37 PM
mdst1960

I stand corrected. It was wrong (and stupid) of me to say HPI and Traxxas get parts from china and after exstensive research I foud out I made a mistake. I based my statements from personal information from other RC hobbiest and should of not posted that reply without facts to back them up. Please accept my humble thanks for correcting me on this matter.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:36 PM
koopesv
My Feedback: (17)

does anyone think that a e-ferstorm can be converted to a blitz
Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a Blitz, get it. It's a solid SC truck and they are all over ebay for $199 or less.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Budman68
My Feedback: (4)

I own both the Blitz and Slash.  The Blitz seems to be better built, except for a couple of details that need to be corrected. The spur gear cover screws are 2mm and strip very easy. Mine were pre-stripped for me. HPI should move up to 3mm, since we remove those cover often.  The tires are very hard rubber. Great for wear, but they spin like crazy at the track.  Last but not least, the motor is short on performance. Close, but not enough to make the larger jumps without a lipo to reduce weight. 

This is a great 1/10 short coarse truck.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:41 PM
monsterbrad

I wondered the same thing when put my brushless system in my BLITZ
why make those screws so small?
oh well they can be changed down the road if necessary but there are always things that are not like from every manufacturer
we'll see just have to wait and see how this truck does long term
Old 01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Hyper7driver

OK, finally got some serious track time on my Blitz, and quite a bit on my bud's SC10. They both, out of the box out performed the Slash hands down. Jumping, cornering, etc. The only place the slash seemed to be better was when running around the yard, you have a little extra ground clearance for grass and such. But if you want ground clearance, get a monster truck right?

The SC10 handled the best. It could out corner my Blitz, other than that, they were very close, if you used the same tires. The SC10's tires were definitely hooked up better. The Blitz however can and will give the SC10 some competition with one small change. The bell crank/servo saver is very flimsy. Even when tightened down, the arm itself flexes quite a bit, loosing some steering response. I imagine Integy will come out with an aluminum one like for the Firestorm, which the Firestorm unit may fit the Blitz. If so, then that's the only real complaint I have with the Blitz. I do wish they'd come up with an easier way to change the battery without loosing those stupid little nuts the hold it in, but I can live with it. I however will choose to come up with something else I'm sure.

Now be it known that both trucks have had the suspension toyed with, by us, such as shock oils, shock locations, etc., to dial the trucks in. But the Slash, we just couldn't get it to carve the corners no where near like the SC10 and Blitz, though we got it to jump just as good.

I hope this helps with some of the previous comments/questions about the Blitz in this thread.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy, Hyper7driver, (Blitzdriver too I guess.)
Old 01-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Budman68
My Feedback: (4)

Ditto on the steering. I replaced the steering servo with a Spektrum faster rate to compensate for the bumpsteer. Seems to help. Someone should just come up with a screw in stud for the battery tray. Replace the upper threaded rod with a stud and clip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.