Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

erevo

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 PM
xxxnt236
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default erevo

well ive got the feel of driving a car again and now i want brushless for my erevo. The car is pretty waterproof now i was wondering if there was any 1/8 scale brushless systems that are waterproof/splash proof? thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 06:49 PM
rclugnut10

Default RE: erevo

the mamba max should be fine as long as you don't get water on the fan intake...

the lug
Old 07-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Druss

You can make pretty much any system waterproof. Just need some silicone sealant, won't look pretty though. Did it to my VXL in my slash.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:07 PM
rclugnut10

yeah but the MMM needs its fan, and that'd jack up the heat majoryly...

the lug
Old 07-31-2009, 12:22 AM
Druss

Why would you put sealant over the cooling fins? You only need to put it around the joints, you don't have to dunk the entire esc in it...
Old 07-31-2009, 06:46 AM
rclugnut10

yeah but were talking the mamba MONSTER max it doesn't have exposed fins, tho it has a fan, maybe depending on what it looks like under the fan you can but don't cover the fan, that'll be worse than not having one...

the lug
Old 07-31-2009, 07:24 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's no brushless system I know of that is waterproof. They put out too much heat to be sealed up to the point where water could not get in. I'd never seal one to be waterproof just because they need to flow air to not burn up. Anyways, I'd stay away from water when you are pumping 21-25v of 6S lipo power through a ESC. lol

A pic of a MM for reference. Those cooling slats need to be there. The cooling fan needs to be there. Get rid of the fan and cover those slats and you will fry that thing after a few minutes of running-guaranteed. Other ESCs are comparable in case design to the MM, so this appies to all BL ESCs.