Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HSP

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 06:45 PM
rightclickmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSP

Hey, anyone of you heard of this company? What are the reviews for their 1/10 & 1/8 RTRs? Their prices are cheaper and I'm looking into a 1/8 brushless pro version buggy selling for CDN$349!

This new 1/8 Scale Brushless Pro Version RC Buggy is the beast you want, if you want Big and Powerful.

Comes with factory installed Fan Cooled 3300KV 3 Phase Novatech Brushless Motor and Novatechs latest Fan Cooled 70 Amp Brushless Electronic Speed Control.

Straight out of the box this buggy goes hard leaving lesser powered buggies in its dust. This is our most powerful 1/8 Scale Electric Buggy to date, and its built tough to take it. The new Brushless Version has many familiar and new features like Coil Over Alloy Cap Oil Filled Shocks, Fully Proportional Braking, Forward, Reverse, Full Ball Bearings and Specifically Designed All Terrain Tires, Countersunk Alloy Chassis, Alloy Shock Towers, 3 Differentials, Splash Guards plus a long list of features below.

Whether you are a professional racer or you just want to blow off your pals cars, the new Pro Version now comes the very latest 98% efficient Novatech Brushless Motor. Not only does this motor give the truck a whopping 30% more speed, it also screams around the track much longer due to the fact the brushless motor is 98% efficient compared to only 48% for brushed motors. When equipped with a 11.1 volt LIPO battery, it will provide serious competition for your friends Nitro buggies.

This Buggy comes 100% fully assembled straight out of the box with a 2 Channel Radio and fully painted body..

[*]HSP 1/8 Scale Brushless Pro Version RC Buggy [*]Strong Rigid Lightweight Countersunk Alloy Chassis [*]Alloy Cap Coil Spring Adjustable Shock Absorbers 55% More Travel [*]Ready To Run [*]4 Wheel Drive [*]Front and Rear Differentials [*]Centre Differential [*]Mid Mounted 7.2v SC3000mAh NiMH re-chargeable Battery [*]Powerful Novatech 3300KV 3 Phase Fan Cooled Brushless Motor [*]Novatech 70 Amp Brushless Fan Cooled Electronic Speed Control with Forward / Reverse / Brake [*]New Front and Rear 5 Screw Differentials with Bevel Gears [*]Full 4 Wheel A-Arm 100% independent Adjustable Suspension [*]Adjustable Height [*]Adjustable Toe In, Toe Out [*]New Even Lighter Smaller Front and Gear Boxes [*]Uni DIRECTIONAL MT-X4 Tires [*]Factory Installed Server Saver [*]2 Channel Radio Control [*]Triple Led Voltage Display [*]North American Specifications [*]Hi Torque 9kg Steering Servo [*]Steering Trim [*]Throttle Trim [*]Complete Instructions for car and radio included [/list]
Old 07-30-2009, 07:09 PM
gelbschnee

Default RE: HSP

I like the stock swaybars, and cooling fans. This is a solid looking buggy.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:18 PM
pede_187

Redcat sold a buggy extremely similar to that and a lot of people had tons of issues with it.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:03 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

isn't hsp in the himoto redcat exceed family?
Old 07-30-2009, 10:15 PM
bhcvc

HSP is the manufacturer of most of the models offerred by Himoto, Redcat, and Exceed. Each of these brands just rebrand HSP cars/trucks. Many have reported issues, but if you accept them for what they are, a low-cost entry into the hobby-grade RC world and thus accept that their durability may not be on par with better known brands, you should be ok. Just make sure you're ok with those things I just mentioned.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:33 PM
gelbschnee

Yes, Yes, for the most part, in the RC world, you get what you pay for.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:57 AM
wantboost

Looks pretty good how much do they want for that one. But people on this board are saying they had problems with the NITRO ones. I looked at the site they even have big gas/nitro pretty good prices. how come the redcat site says the are in AZ
Old 09-12-2009, 01:00 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: wantboost

Looks pretty good how much do they want for that one. But people on this board are saying they had problems with the NITRO ones. I looked at the site they even have big gas/nitro pretty good prices. how come the redcat site says the are in AZ
I believe that they have offices there. Maybe customer support.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:17 PM
crushgear64

hsp make ok cars.

the can be a pain to work on though, sometimes they use pins not screws.