Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

charger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 01:43 AM
xxxnt236
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charger?

just a quick question. since this charger has an internal balancer does that mean that it will automaticaly balancer the lipo everytime i plug it in? thanks

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ernal-Balancer
Old 07-31-2009, 01:46 AM
Barber420

Default RE: charger?

I'm not familiar with that charger, but it looks like it'll either automatically balance it, or you can program it to balance. However, I want to make sure you realize it's a DC ONLY charger. It won't charge off of 110 without hooking up a power supply. I assume you knew that, but I just wanted to make sure.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:03 AM
xxxnt236

darn i completly spaced that out.... well im kinda on a budget and im looking for a cheaper lipo charger w/blancer. how does this look?... this is for a 5000mah 2s

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...arger-2-4-Cell
Old 07-31-2009, 08:52 AM
Druss

The align charger is ok but it really doesn't balance well. Plus I think the max output is like 1amp or something which means it would take 5 hours to charge a 5000mah battery.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Barber420

That charger does look a little weak. With a charger, especially when charging lipo's, it's not a good place to skimp. I would save a little more money and get something better. Usually for around $90-110 you can find pretty good chargers. I use an MRC 977. It does everything I need except balance, but I have an equinox balancer I plug in to take care of that. The whole setup all together is about $135 and I LOVE it!!!! The older MRC's weren't very good for charging lipo, but they've fixed that issue now and I've never had one problem charging ANY kind of battery properly with it. I use it for NiCd, NiMh, Lipo, and Rx packs and it charges all of them beautifully. My batteries also last MANY charge cycles using this charger.

If you want to get a whole bunch of good answers to this, post a question on what charger to get in the "batteries and chargers" forum. Their are a lot of really helpful people on there that helped me out a great deal when I first got back into the hobby.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 PM
xxxnt236

so to charge with a dc what do you hook it up to?
Old 07-31-2009, 10:09 PM
ryansiki

You need an AC DC adapter. I think A main has some. Check out the team orion lipo DC charger
Old 07-31-2009, 10:44 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

not really familiar with the ofna charger but we run 2 of these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVRS6&P=0 and a GFX35 for nimh battery's, the triton does a great job and is ac/dc which is nice for indoor race's
Old 08-01-2009, 02:24 PM
xxxnt236

ORIGINAL: ryansiki

You need an AC DC adapter. I think A main has some. Check out the team orion lipo DC charger
where can i get that adapter?