Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

lipo or nimh?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
tomst-maxx
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lipo or nimh?

I just got a lipo charger that charges just about every type of battery out there from hobbycity for 59.99 shipped. I payed more for my nimh/nicad carger. I plan on getting some batteries from them
Old 08-04-2009, 09:26 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

we run both lipo and nimh batterys ... depending on track conditions .. if its loose we run EnerG 4600 nimh and on a tight track we run thunderPower 5000 40c lipo's ... i personally run a 4.5t bl motor and as far as power goes the lipo has it but when traction is sketchy the nimh will out perform them because of the weight the nimh packs have over the lipo which inturn will let ya put the power to the ground better and getting around the track cleanly and quickly is the key more so than the fastest truck out there ... also dont buy some generic cut rate charger, get a good one and you will realise more power and longer life from your battery's be it either lipo or nimh .... much luck in your desicion
Old 08-04-2009, 09:50 PM
ritualstate

thank you very much and what charger do you think i should use?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Access

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing
we run both lipo and nimh batterys ... depending on track conditions .. if its loose we run EnerG 4600 nimh and on a tight track we run thunderPower 5000 40c lipo's ... i personally run a 4.5t bl motor and as far as power goes the lipo has it but when traction is sketchy the nimh will out perform them because of the weight the nimh packs have over the lipo which inturn will let ya put the power to the ground better and getting around the track cleanly and quickly is the key more so than the fastest truck out there
If it is purely a weight aspect, you can use the LiPo and some well-placed lead aircraft weights to achieve the same effect, plus maybe a slightly lower center of gravity.