Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

TYCO super fast traxx

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 01:49 PM
eelink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TYCO super fast traxx

hello everybody

Im new here and just wanted to say wow this is a cool. I was at another r/c community forum, they had rediculus rules for posting. So i left and found this. Wow!!. anyway I was just wondering if anybody could help me out. Ihave an old Tyco super fast traxx. It works perfect but the belts are gone. They tore when i was using it many years ago. I had it in my closet for many years collecting dust and just took it out. It still works. I want to get new belts for it. But ive done searching and i cant find anything, which i figured because its so old and rare. By any change is there a way that i can get new belts for my r/c? If not i probably was going to sell the fast traxx. I here people are looking for this r/c. Well any help is appreciated and thank you for your time.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: TYCO super fast traxx

Welcome to RCU. You are kind of in the right place, but this is more for hobby grade RC products. Tyco is more of a toy grade product. Try out this section: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm
Not many people post there however.... First place I would look is ebay, I doubt you would find the exact thing you're looking for anywhere else. You might be able to find a substitute somewhere else, but I have no idea, it's been years and years since I've even seen one of those.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Brainanator

WOW, check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com/TYCO-9-6V-TURBO-...d=p3286.c0.m14
12 belts for $5...but ridiculous shipping...
Old 08-29-2009, 02:20 AM
celesteandsteven73

Hello everyone. I am also new here. I too am looking for the tank belts, to the original tyco SUPER fast traxx. I know this thing is not hobby grade , but it really faster, than its smaller version. this thing is almost unstopable! I crash it, flip it , run it through high grass, in the woods, over sticks ,bricks, dirt, and jump ramps at full speed. It just keeps going! The only thing slowing me down now ,is the belts that are about shot. Anyone who has ever had one of these knows how much crap you can give it. I have the smaller fast trax as well. it take s just as much punishment , but about 25% slower than the super. I have alot of hobby grade stuff too. 3 helis , 1 motorcycle , 1 truck , 1 old school tyco hover craft, blade cx2 , blade mcx, and more. I would be very greatful to anyone who could help locate the belts for my super fast traxx, or tell me how i could make my own . Thanks. Steve P.S Too anyone that is interested in micro helicopters, the new e-flite blade msr has just come out in stores. this thing is a micro heli hot rod. fits in your hand. its like the blade mcx on red bull !!!
Old 08-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Brainanator

Welcome to RCU! Did you read my post right above yours? I said there are lots on ebay, I even went and found you a link to a still active auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TYCO-9-6V-TURBO-...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 08-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: celesteandsteven73

Hello everyone. I am also new here. I too am looking for the tank belts, to the original tyco SUPER fast traxx. I know this thing is not hobby grade , but it really faster, than its smaller version. this thing is almost unstopable! I crash it, flip it , run it through high grass, in the woods, over sticks ,bricks, dirt, and jump ramps at full speed. It just keeps going! The only thing slowing me down now ,is the belts that are about shot. Anyone who has ever had one of these knows how much crap you can give it. I have the smaller fast trax as well. it take s just as much punishment , but about 25% slower than the super. I have alot of hobby grade stuff too. 3 helis , 1 motorcycle , 1 truck , 1 old school tyco hover craft, blade cx2 , blade mcx, and more. I would be very greatful to anyone who could help locate the belts for my super fast traxx, or tell me how i could make my own . Thanks. Steve P.S Too anyone that is interested in micro helicopters, the new e-flite blade msr has just come out in stores. this thing is a micro heli hot rod. fits in your hand. its like the blade mcx on red bull !!!
Other than ebay, I don't know where you'd look to find belts for it.
With some work you might be able to adapt some other similar sized treads to it, though.
http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...le_treads.html
Old 12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
timewizard26

I've spoken to that guy who was selling those belts for the Tyco Fast Traxx. He was a complete jerk and had no respect for me at all after asking him a simple question. Those belts were a great deal but they won't fit the Super Fast Traxx. I'd love to have new belts for my car but they're near impossible to find. They're all black tapped up haha Does the job though. I did see that site for the tank treads but those are kind of expensive. If anyone has tried using them, please let us know which will fit for the Super Fast Traxx. I'm currently selling it as of today but if I can get belts, I'd probably change my mind haha
Old 12-02-2009, 07:20 AM
GameOverCJ

I had a few of those a long time ago . I remember driving them in water and they still worked. Better than a lot of the crap tyco has came out with since then.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 AM
timewizard26

That's true. I've had other Tyco cars and they were more or less made to do tricks or just to drive on certain terrain. I've driven mine through everything with no problem. The only down side about these were the treads, nothing else. Mine broke last spring right when I took it out for a drive. I was thinking, "Okay. Tyco doesn't make this any more. I know they don't have treads for it any more." I thought about replacing the wheels with knobby ones but it just wouldn't be the same.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:51 PM
ScottStaypuff

I would think about buying a hobby quality version if somebody came out with one.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
timewizard26

I guess I'm at the point where I really don't want to bother myself much with looking. I'm ready to sell my car.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:28 PM
VintageTyco
Banned

Super Fast Traxx for sale on eBay if anyone is interested:  http://cgi.ebay.com/Tyco-Super-Fast-...item4cf44b531f  Item number: 330516091679