Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

7.4v or 11.1v lipo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:17 PM
bourbon cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7.4v or 11.1v lipo?

I'll be running two batteries in an erbe which do i go for?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Druss

Default RE: 7.4v or 11.1v lipo?

I have both... I find that 2 x 3S lipos are only good for speed runs. I'm in the process of making 5S A123 batteries though to run in Parallel.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 PM
fusebmx13

go with 4s. 6s is to much for the traxxas trucks. They fall apart! [X(]
Old 08-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

go with 4s. 6s is to much for the traxxas trucks. They fall apart! [X(]
They don't fall apart... it's just that there is no point to 6S regardless of the truck. When you make anything that size go as fast as it can on 6S then you can't turn, you can't jump... you literally can only go in a straight line. Doesn't matter who makes it.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:45 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: Druss

They don't fall apart... it's just that there is no point to 6S regardless of the truck. When you make anything that size go as fast as it can on 6S then you can't turn, you can't jump... you literally can only go in a straight line. Doesn't matter who makes it.
I never said anything about the handling. The revo handles great for a monster truck to race. However the driveline is not suited for 6s at all. The driveshafts break every run, diffs give out after a while, and the center driveshafts go also. Depends on what you are doing. For a basher, get 6s and a savage flux. The savage is the strongest monster out by far, however it handles like junk on a track. That's where the revo shines.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Druss

Well... since I'd had at least 10 runs on my brushless erevo without breaking anything that would seem to negate your statement. I don't see the point in making such statements when they are patently false like this. Sure they are weak parts but let's not flat out lie about the effects either.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

hey fuse, do you even have a erbe? im litterly on 3 DIFFERENT FORUMS, and thats the first time ive actually seen some1 talk crap about the erbe. yes, you might break a shaft every so often but seriously..

IMO, id get both, go to hobbycity and get 2 2s lipos and 2 3s lipos.. or if you had to pick one. get 2 2s lipos
Old 08-11-2009, 09:19 AM
transam388

I will say after using both a 7V and 11V LIPO that although the 11 / 3S can be fun it really is way more power than you need....or at least for me it has been. You end up tuning the ESC to work with such a high voltage battery that it starts to negate the point of getting a 3S LIPO.

Funny thing is after using an 11V LIPO in one of my cars and then using a 7V I prefer the 2S 7V over the 3S. Still very fast yet the motor runs cooler and the car is still controllable.

Anyhow, as was stated before I would say to get the 2S and then if you really feel the urge at some point try some 3S.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13
I never said anything about the handling. The revo handles great for a monster truck to race. However the driveline is not suited for 6s at all. The driveshafts break every run, diffs give out after a while, and the center driveshafts go also. Depends on what you are doing. For a basher, get 6s and a savage flux. The savage is the strongest monster out by far, however it handles like junk on a track. That's where the revo shines.
I've been running 6s on my E-Revo, which is not the E-Revo Brushless RTR but an original E-Revo with the MMM 2200KV in it. No transmission problems whatsoever. The same goes for the E-maxx. Pleanty of runs on both. As long as it's not a nitro conversion (The OP stated EBRE so it's not) he should be fine.

Now 6s and the Revo is on the edge of control at full speed. You can still turn, but the radius is very wide. 4s is very tame for the E-Revo, you can do a lot at full throttle and it's still almost impossible to flip it. It really just depends on where you are running, how big, and exactly what you want to do with it.