Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Update on rbuilding the Pede

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Hotroder383

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on rbuilding the Pede

So, new XL-5, Titian 550, Turn buckle caster/camber arms front. Light drizzel today when I got everything done bat charged and ready to go. Went out anyway, have some HUGE piles of dirt in the neighbors yard, heck whole yard is a play ground as its a new house with no grass or landscaping yet. Climb good, set it side ways on pavement at full throttle, side ways in grass at full throttle also. She is FAST, but motor is getin way too hot so I must have too steep a gear in her. I know I got a 19t metal pinion but dont know how many teeth is on the plastic spur gear. So next upgrades I think have to be, spur gear, maybe 90 tooth? want more bottom end torque than top end speed. Tires and wheels, these old tires BITE as far as traction gose, might as well get a new set of rims while I am at it eh? hehe.

So any suggestions on spur gear or advice on tires? I heard Masher 2 is the way to go. Keep in mind I have no track time or track to go to all my driveing is bashing around my yard<and lol="" in="" move="" they="" till="" yard="" neighbors=""></and> and some at the city park where they have a dirt track for midgets sprint cars. So lots of rolls, jumps and general bashing.

O almost forgot new bulk head as the crash that took out my caster/camber arms weakend it and now the screw pops out of the plastic sleeve all the time. Might, maybe go metal on that bit, not sure. Would/dose RPM make a replacement bulk head? <gonna start lookin>
Old 08-28-2009, 02:27 PM
neyou86
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Update on rbuilding the Pede

i run 19/90 on my rustler and motor temps stay down. get a 90t spur and see how it goes
Old 08-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Hotroder383

Well didnt change the gearing fast enough, apperantly. I got the pede out to show off to my bro in law who has a Radio Shack POS and... nothin. Motor fried already... <sighs></sighs> so off to look for a good motor every one says speedgems so I guess I start there maybe a 19T this time. even though I REALLY liked the speed of the 12t 550 Titan. any ideas or suggestions?
Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

If you want an ear to ear grin and never want to buy another motor, go 5700kv brushless and add an 11.1v Lipo. The speed and power are crazy fast.

http://www.b-p-p.com/product.php?pro...5&cat=0&page=1
Old 08-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Hotroder383

Ya.... somthin about payin more for the motor an battery than I have put into  the whole truck with upgrades is a bit much for me. I know brushless an lipo is the way to go but I am on a limited budget and $35 to maybe $45 bucks is all I can do, and even thats kinda pushin it. I was thinking maybe that C027 that they were talkin about in the Rustler thread. Or maybe a double turn 17t speedgems somthin like the pro amber. hell I get a good deal on another stock I may even go with it just because of the money. But what kind of Brushed motor would u guys use?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Redvanmafia

I thought that way at first, but stampedes and rustlers and just so cheap, its all plastic with a little bit of metal in the transmission, even a 4600 on a 2s with some nice gearing would be nice, i gave up on brushed motors years ago, my fav brushed motor was the reedy quad mag 19t for the longest time