Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Smaller spur gear needed for 3S LiPo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Gamer_Willz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smaller spur gear needed for 3S LiPo?

In this link, it said "With a standard 6-cell NiMH (7.2 volt) battery pack or 2S LiPo (7.4v) pack you can get up to 40mph with just the standard gearing! With up to 8 NiMH cells or a 3S LiPo (11.1v) pack and higher gearing (using a smaller spur gear and larger pinion), you can get up to 60mph."

Does this make any large difference? What about just standard gearing, and using 3S LiPo, what will happen? Or will it damage the gear or it's okay?
Old 08-29-2009, 05:47 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smaller spur gear needed for 3S LiPo?

I think that 55 mph will happen. You will be happier with stock garing since the 3S is already over limit for the (5700 and sidewinder) combo. I actually do the opposite , that is to gear down when going to higher voltage.

High speed runs are something different though and do require high voltage along with high gears and hig rpm motors.