Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

evader squeakage

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:49 AM
ddefelice5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evader squeakage

ive had my evader for about 3 years and it really has been nothing but a headache.. 5 speedos, 4 motors, countless servos, but just recently when i get on the throttle, it squeaks really loud, like a loud high pitched brake, and then it takes off. Just wondering if anyone could tell me if theres a quick fix, im thinking its the blue slipper pad, but the only way i can get a replacement is if i buy the hard anodized, slipper plate, it isnt really expensive but for the pad only being like .50 cents and the plate $15, i just wanna know if theres a cheap fix, i set the diff and the slipper to where i thought it should be dont really know, never says anything in the manual, so i flattened the diff spring and let loose 3/8 of a turn, it squeals then rips, it has a 12t orion sv2 bb motor and should at least be able to get a little nose up off the ground but nothing, help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-30-2009, 09:52 AM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: evader squeakage

turn the slipper nut in just a little until it stops squeaking. My rustler does that but I let it go, i figure my gears can't strip when the slipper slips.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:47 PM
ddefelice5

thank you, does anyone know why i cant use the stock plate for the new rubber??
Old 08-30-2009, 08:45 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

are you talking about these pads being worn?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDHJ9&P=OW
you diff could also be loose lock it down and then back off 1/16th for on road use 1/8 for on road use then tune to liking

the lug