Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
solid
72.52%
sketchy
6.87%
whats hobbycity.com?
9.92%
applesauce.
10.69%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

hobbycity.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 09:37 PM
ElectricGuy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hobbycity.com

My local track stocks some of the hobby city chargers, but I didnt see any Zippy Lipos.
Maybe a couple thunder power 40c Lipos, which people have said are very powerful and are Roar Legal too.
A few from my track order from hobby city, I never have, but thier stuff does work well and have not heard any complaints.
They stock maxamps packs as well, but I never really liked maxamps.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Snipin_Willy

APPLESAUCE!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Orion1024

I'm on my fifth order with Hobby City over the last two years and I've had nothing but good experience with them. Almost everything they sell is good quality and their prices can't be beat. I generally don't trust ordering from a supplier in China, but HC is the real deal. They do a high volume of business and I'm sure realize that their reputation is vital. I doubt they would ever jeopardize it with shady practices or by selling junk. My advise is to only order items that have a large quantity in stock (or you will likely be backordered and waiting for a month) and to ship via a method that includes tracking.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:06 AM
gman1

ORIGINAL: Orion1024

I'm on my fifth order with Hobby City over the last two years and I've had nothing but good experience with them. Almost everything they sell is good quality and their prices can't be beat. I generally don't trust ordering from a supplier in China, but HC is the real deal. They do a high volume of business and I'm sure realize that their reputation is vital. I doubt they would ever jeopardize it with shady practices or by selling junk. My advise is to only order items that have a large quantity in stock (or you will likely be backordered and waiting for a month) and to ship via a method that includes tracking.

+ 10 to that my friend. HobbyCity/HobbyKing has got to be the greatest online hobby shop that I've discovered since my 6 + years in this hobby. They are exceptionally above any other competitors, due to their awesomely affordable prices, (Affordable might even be an understatement, Lol) quality of products, Customer service, Shipping rates and time of delivery, Etc. The people on here such as the tweerp above with a picture of applesauce, either work for a competing company or are just blind to reality in general. For myself and so many others in the R/C world, shopping at HC/HK is an absolute no brainer when it comes to products that they sell. Don't get me wrong though, you won't see me ordering a kit from there since they don't really sell much of those, but if I need anything from batteries, servos, receivers, battery and RX plugs, adapter plugs, Lipo balancers, chargers, Speed Controls, (did I miss anything? lol) Etc. Etc. Etc. They sure do have my business and will continue to have it for years to come.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:40 AM
gman1

Has anyone seen or tried this Speed controller yet? I'm pretty sure they are new and just stocked, although they it says that they zero are in stock. Well anyways it's a 150Amper and for 1/8 scale models. It sure looks proper to me. Watch, pretty soon you'll see some American company selling it with their own design label on it and 3X the price. Classic case of white labeling or Rebadging if you will. Check it out!!! : http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...shless_Car_ESC
Old 11-15-2009, 07:54 AM
seal

I LOVE HOBBY CITY! I try to order everything I need from them now. I am living in Japan right now so, It's only 2 DAYS shipping from Hong Kong. I WILL NEVER buy "name brand" Lipos again! I got four 4S 3000mah 40C batteries for $37 each! And they rock! If I bought a name brand like "Flight Power" (who probably gets theirs from china too), it would have costed me $90 each!
Old 11-15-2009, 08:15 AM
seal

I LOVE HOBBY CITY! I try to order everything I need from them now. I am living in Japan right now so, It's only 2 DAYS shipping from Hong Kong. I WILL NEVER buy "name brand" Lipos again! I got four 4S 3000mah 40C batteries for $37 each! And they rock! If I bought a name brand like "Flight Power" (who probably gets theirs from china too), it would have costed me $90 each!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:11 PM
matthew__ruane

=D
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:18 PM
homeboy61

[b]Hobbieking.com rocks awsome batteries and chargers !!!!!! Fast and cheap shipping But I do buy all my planes/ engines from TOWER HOBBIES I did buy an XYZ 26 cc gas engine from Hobbie King and was very Impressed with it !!!![/b]
Old 11-15-2009, 08:52 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I buy all my lipos from HobbyCity and they are great!!!! Lipos are more affordable than you think with HobbyCity!!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

I LIKE APPLESAUCE!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:20 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

I LIKE APPLESAUCE!
me too, i wonder if we have any...

thelug
Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
e123

I ordered a thunderpower lipo and some other supplies from HK on 11/3, did the cheapo shipping and got my order delivered on the 11/13. 10 days! Part of the order was a battery harness for the lipo that in the description said it came with a tamiya connector. I figured I would just change the plug over to Deans. But they actually sent me two harnesses - one with the tamiya plug and another with a Deans plug on 12awg wire. Awesome site and they are getting all my business.