Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Best Short Course Car

ok, im going to buy a 1/10 scale short course car. and i am deciding between a traxxas Slash, Associated sc10 and the hpi blitz.

Which one is the best for racing and just all around use?
    502!
    Jammin SCRT10.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Best Short Course Car

Well, tough question, they all are pretty nice, don't forget Losi has one now too. Be prepared for at least four different answers...

My $.02 I have an HPI E-Firestorm and the Blitz is very similar. Based on what I've experienced with my E-Firestorm I would get the Blitz. The E-FS is very durable and handles well and should translate to a very nice short course truck.
    I need two LiPos, the big ones, and I need them by tonight.
    Run 4s Run!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well is the traxxas slash like less quality then the others? if not i think i should get the slash because my local has all their parts. but im not sure.
    502!
    Jammin SCRT10.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Come on Len, what do you think?

here are some track times:

http://blog.handyracing.com/2009/09/...sc-trucks.aspx
    Promoting the Great Lakes Region racing scene via www.YouTube.com/HandyRacing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just be sure be careful not to call it a 'car' at the track, it is a 'truck' and I've seen some racers take offense when a new person refers to their truck as a car.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Access

Just be sure be careful not to call it a 'car' at the track, it is a 'truck' and I've seen some racers take offense when a new person refers to their truck as a car.
    I would laugh in their face, what kind of idiot takes that the difference in nomenclature that seriously. People should want newbies to come to the track, not drive them away.
    Anyone in the midwest check it out greatlakesrconline

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm a fan of the Blitz and SC10 more than the Slash.
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com | RCUvideos.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT
    Your website looks interesting.
    Promoting the Great Lakes Region racing scene via www.YouTube.com/HandyRacing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have seen the Blitz and talked to the guys at HPI and i would buy the Blitz over any of them. And i have owned a slash and know a bunch of guys with the sc10's.
    Plus the Blitz has looks on its side.
    Axial AX10, Brushless sc10, Rc18t2, SC18, Nitro X-cell, electric converted X-cell, 2 micto-t\'\'s, Tamiya Frog.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a slash, it's a great truck. If I was in the market for a new SC truck in the future I would probably go with the Blitz.
    OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, stock sprint 2 drift, Savage Flux (4S), slash (just a roller for now)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok? access if your not going to help don't bother replying.
    502!
    Jammin SCRT10.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HandyRacing

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT
    Your website looks interesting.
    Its not mine, a buddy of mine set it up. Hopefully it will get local people together.
    Anyone in the midwest check it out greatlakesrconline

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

in full scale sc racing they do refer to the vehicles as "cars".but i wanna know too..is the losi any good,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you want to race I would check out Ofna Hyper 10SC looks like a really good racer. I have Slash and its like a boat compared to my Evader ST when driving on hard pavement. Traxxas has good parts support and also after market stuff. Go to your track and see what everyone is driving and ask questions. I would go with what ever brand has the best parts support at your track or your local hobby shop.
    TT Sparrowhawk XB- Castle SCT 3800kv
    Traxxas Slash-VXL, Evader ST Castle SideWinder 4600kv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have the losi strike.
    the quick answer is NO, its not as good as the other trucks. but, there is a longer answer as well.

the truck has these faults:
    the motor being farther forward actually reduces rear traction.
    the ESC gives 1/4 power for reverse, which is just a pain.
    many people have had problems with bending the dogbones.
    some people had problems with the steering servo

the good:
    the ESC has low-voltage cutoff so you can use a 2s lipo!
    you can buy losi CVD's to replace the weak dogbones.
    the shocks are REALLY nice IMO. i love how the truck weight shifts! and they hold upto alot of abuse

my strike has proved to be very strong. my stock dogbones havent bent, and i havent broken a single part. i have jumped it at the skate park, and just generally bashed it!
    i think the main problem losi had was quality control. some people has issue with the stock radio/servo/dogbones. but mine hasnt given me a single issue.
    i have put about 12 2s5000mah lipo packs through the truck.
    there are a few guys at the local track who race the strike, and hold there own.

so, is the truck as good as the others...no. BUT is it worth its reduced price of $150??? that is for you to decide.
    you may even be able to get a RTR used strike off ebay for $100, since some people have decided they didnt like them.

i have the strike, and a blitz. the blitz is nicer, but i cant bring myself to sell the strike. even tho i could use the money to fix up my emaxx.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I personally love the Blitz due to its low center of gravity sometimes it can out handle a Slash 4x4 PE even with their S1 racing compound tires.

I've raced a Blitz today at the track equipped with the Velineon system and stock gearing with both trucks. Both equipped with 2S lipos.

I had no grip on the loose hard pack dirt we were racing on and his tires held up a lot better. Both trucks were stock. But if you put better tires on the Slash 4x4 it might make a more interesting scenario.

Bottom line is the Slash tends to roll over more than the Blitz, but on several occasions I was able to throttle out while rolling to land back on all fours.
    \"...they call me tater salad.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i own a slash 4x4 and race and bash all the time, ive personally don't believe the blitz has anything for it. that could bethe local drivers thoughi,ve raced against everything except the venom and i feel its right on par with them all. although the ofna's buggy like chassis layout is tough to beat on the track. the slash is a great all around truck its fast ,mine has no heat isues on lipos,its tough,real tough,after market is huge,and handles really well on the track with a few minor upgrades. yeah it has a few minor quirks but what rc does'nt? i'm really pleased with mine after the 4 months i've owned it. go slash 4x4...!!!
    slash 4x4, xxx-t, xxx-sct, mini raminator, evader ext, ax-10, rc18t

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is REALLY the hardest question to answer as "BEST" is what you have at the time.My old Traxxas E-Maxx was my best truck until I got my brushless E-Revo-now that has top spot! The first short course truck I got was the Traxxas Slash 2WD and it still gets bashed regularly.Of the ones I currently own,my favorite 2WD is the HPI Blitz and the Hyper 10 SC is my favorite 4WD.These are the two I would keep if i had to get rid of the others.Other people will have their own favorites and their opinions are just as valid as mine!

E

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Either way you look at it all short course trucks have similar layouts. If you have buddies you can test drive their trucks first to make up your mind that will be best. If you want a truck that is tough as nails and with huge aftermarket support the Slash 4x4 is still my favorite. Pretty much you just have to learn the truck's handling characteristics.
    \"...they call me tater salad.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

imo the blitz is your best bet, its the best of both worlds (racing/bashing). Second id choose a slash.
    Matt Moerig a.k.a Lerryfish a.k.a More_eggs is a scammer. Contact me for more information. Lost a new ve8 to him!