Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

ORIGINAL: dirtpile

ORIGINAL: R/C Lightweight

I'm really curious about the initial pricetag. If Tower has a Rustler VXL at $285; then you gotta figure that with 2.4Ghz, a 4wd drivetrain, killer body and wheel/tire package, and a 7 cell battery & charger included then we could be looking at $400 or better. That is what concerns me. There's no question whether or not it's a significant vehicle that will have all the other manufacturers scrambling to build some competition, but at what cost? It looks like a killer ride, but I hope Traxxas doesn't send folks into sticker shock. A big part of what made the original Slash a hit was the $200 pricetag, making it affordable for many to get into the hobby for the first time.
Still cheaper than an SC8. (I know. Not in the same league, but it is the closest competition at current)
It uses a bunch of recycled parts so the actual cost might not increase that much with the ''goodies''.
What parts were recycled?????
Old 10-09-2009, 12:21 AM
t9dragon

More pics.............................

Old 10-09-2009, 12:22 AM
redfisher1974

I just sold my 1/16 vxl slash because i didnt like it,but the 1/10 version looks good(better wait till after Xmas
Old 10-09-2009, 12:25 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

I just sold my 1/16 vxl slash because i didnt like it,but the 1/10 version looks good(better wait till after Xmas
LOL.................. I just bought another 1/16 Slash.....

More pics.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Lurp06x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like a easy access chassis. but most elec rc's are simple to maintain
Old 10-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Doxiedad
My Feedback: (4)

I've heard that the price should be under $400. Hopefully that'll be true.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:34 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

LOL.................. I just bought another 1/16 Slash.....

More pics.

Is that a 14 cell battery? Wow do you think you need that much power in a slash?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Doxiedad

umm I see 8 [sm=omg_smile.gif]
Old 10-09-2009, 12:39 AM
redfisher1974

Look again its two 7 cell packs on their sides....
Old 10-09-2009, 12:44 AM
Dialed_In

Look again its two 7 cell packs on their sides....
Here is a clearer picture if the site is up. It a 14 cell battery. http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...#/portfolio-09

Edit: Nevermind. You'll have to click the 2nd pic up on the left column of pics.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Lurp06x

idk that looks like it would be a little off balance with two batts on one side. its not like there on the edge but enough to make me uneasy about doing it.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Doxiedad

Holy crap you're right it's 14. That's like what...16.8V that means it should run 3s lipo right?

Damn I knew i was blind
Old 10-09-2009, 02:46 AM
Andyjk

Hmmm not sure about a 4X4.

I think I prefer the challenge of RWD
Old 10-09-2009, 03:01 AM
ChuckDeez

its still sweet to own one!!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:29 AM
J.D.T

finally after 16 years or whatever of wanting and asking for a 4 x 4 stampede, then they SCREW us and give it the vxl and 2.4 radio which MOST people don't want in order to drive the price way up, they act all high and mightly on the webpage about since we asked for it they made it, we asked for a kit to, best thing about traxxas is the aftermarket companies will ge on this and within a year between the aftermarket and ebay we will be able to build one from scratch with quality components, gotta hand it to them with the full line of accessories right off the bat, $400 is crack cocaine kinda high, better be closer to three than four
Old 10-09-2009, 08:10 AM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

finally after 16 years or whatever of wanting and asking for a 4 x 4 stampede, then they SCREW us and give it the vxl and 2.4 radio which MOST people don't want in order to drive the price way up, they act all high and mightly on the webpage about since we asked for it they made it, we asked for a kit to, best thing about traxxas is the aftermarket companies will ge on this and within a year between the aftermarket and ebay we will be able to build one from scratch with quality components, gotta hand it to them with the full line of accessories right off the bat, $400 is crack cocaine kinda high, better be closer to three than four

Yeah how dare them include the best stuff they could. PeterV on the traxxas forum said even an AM radio/brushed version would be around $300 or slightly less. So basically for $100 more you get 2.4 radio, brushless, and a battery. Id say that is not to shabby.

I for one think it will be a bargain at $350 and still a solid value at $399
Old 10-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Brandon4164
My Feedback: (1)

hhmmm I hope it is around $350 will the original parts be exchangeable with this new version?
Old 10-09-2009, 09:31 AM
ElectricGuy007

I'm not gonna buy this unless I know for a fact that they will have a class for it. Because if they dont it will sit on the shelf and rot for eternity.
Now will we see a 4wd SC10, and 4wd Strike, 4wd Blitz on the horizon? Traxxas does this first to get people interested then other companies follow.
I'm hoping for a conversion kit myself so I can convert mine to 4wd.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:56 AM
J.D.T

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

Yeah how dare them include the best stuff they could. PeterV on the traxxas forum said even an AM radio/brushed version would be around $300 or slightly less. So basically for $100 more you get 2.4 radio, brushless, and a battery. Id say that is not to shabby.

best stuff they could?
you mean best stuff they would, if you think the vxl is the best your in bad shape, the esc is poor or decent at best, the motor is decent but no where near the best, the 2.4 radio is better than the am stuff DUH but would you throw away your DX 3 for it? I wouldn't even get rid of my spair 75 FM JR XS 3 pro for it.
it should be a kit at $169 plain and simple,you used to be able to get a whole brushed truck and am radio for that from the very same company, oh wait the xl 5 pede still is that much! Like I said it won't be long and you'll be able to build one from scratch without there CHEASY electronics, then I might have one, no rtr crap for me, even at $299 it would be a hard sale to me personally. The VXL system sells to hobby shops at right around $100, the radio(tx and rx) even more, take that crap out and sell it as a race roller if your worried about fit and finish of unassembled parts but their replacement parts are fine and all interchange nicely so there is no reason why they should not sell kits other than it dosn't line there pockets as well. The RTR version should come with KY sponsorship logos for the side if its $399.

and by the way, Peter works for Traxxas, his job is to make money for traxxas last I knew, I bet they will have less than $150 in the entire RTR package on there end, of course they need to make there R and D as well as production costs back but not on the first 10,000 units
Old 10-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Doxiedad

I've never been in a hobby where it seems like every new release of a product brings so much hate
Old 10-09-2009, 01:29 PM
ElectricGuy007

I'm not paying $399.99 for a traxxas vechicle, I'm sorry.... For that price I can get a top dollar 4wd buggy,carbon fiber upgrades and all.
If the price goes down next year then I might pick one up. But I know it will be over $350 for a while.
Now if it's $299 or less I'll think about it. I'm not hating on traxxas at all, I just know it's gonna be expensive.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:04 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Doxiedad

I've never been in a hobby where it seems like every new release of a product brings so much hate
There are people that just don't like Traxxas products and when ever they can they complain about them.....
Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

best stuff they could?
you mean best stuff they would, if you think the vxl is the best your in bad shape, the esc is poor or decent at best, the motor is decent but no where near the best, the 2.4 radio is better than the am stuff DUH but would you throw away your DX 3 for it? I wouldn't even get rid of my spair 75 FM JR XS 3 pro for it.
it should be a kit at $169 plain and simple,you used to be able to get a whole brushed truck and am radio for that from the very same company, oh wait the xl 5 pede still is that much! Like I said it won't be long and you'll be able to build one from scratch without there CHEASY electronics, then I might have one, no rtr crap for me, even at $299 it would be a hard sale to me personally. The VXL system sells to hobby shops at right around $100, the radio(tx and rx) even more, take that crap out and sell it as a race roller if your worried about fit and finish of unassembled parts but their replacement parts are fine and all interchange nicely so there is no reason why they should not sell kits other than it dosn't line there pockets as well. The RTR version should come with KY sponsorship logos for the side if its $399.

and by the way, Peter works for Traxxas, his job is to make money for traxxas last I knew, I bet they will have less than $150 in the entire RTR package on there end, of course they need to make there R and D as well as production costs back but not on the first 10,000 units
As I said the best stuff they could. The VXL may not be the best brushless but its what they have, their 2.4 radio may not be as good as my DX3S but its also not $200+ for the radio. Of course you can buy better equipment, but you cant in a rtr package in the 10th scale segment.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Doxiedad

There are people that just don't like Traxxas products and when ever they can they complain about them.....
If they make a brushed version I can see that being the first 4wd spec slash class. And I'm sure they will because they
have a brushed version of the 1/16 slash out already for a cheaper price. I just hope the 2wd spec stays around because
I just got one and plan to enjoy it years to come. Dont want a new breed of the slash to take over.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Doxiedad

I think the 2wd will stay around as a good entry level spec.

I've also noticed a lot of Traxxas haters. I'm fairly new to the hobby so I don't know what they did to upset so many people. I've owned 2 traxxas trucks a Rustler VXL and a Revo 3.3 and both were fine vehicles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.