Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

this review says the undertray isn't that great...and it has video to back it up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-eAE0nWMM

but of course, what doesn't work for one person may work perfect for another!
    OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, stock sprint 2 drift, Savage Flux (4S), slash (just a roller for now)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Watched the video. I think it would be fine if you trimmed it even with the chassis and did something to seal the top edge to keep rocks out. Something like that push on trim they use on cars that kinda acts like a small u-shaped clip along an edge. It would protect the servo and axle at least... Does the RPM front skid plate protect the servo any better?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have you ever hit your servo before? I think you'd have to be doing some really weird stuff to get anything near it. But you you might be into that stuff.....

I hear you can mod the revo servo protector to fit a 2wd slash, maybe see it'd work on the 4x4
    OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, stock sprint 2 drift, Savage Flux (4S), slash (just a roller for now)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There's a couple of people on the Traxxas forum that have used the Proline Undertray and mounted the JConcepts overtray on top of it making a sandwich.  They seem to be working quite well in that configuration. One that I know of mounted a fan onto the overtray to keep temps where they should be. They all seem happy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Took my truck out today. Lots of things getting in ontop of the axle. I need to add a peice onto the axle cover so there isn't the opening at the end of it. I put the center diff in, so there's no reason to have that area exposed.

I have hit my servo climbing over rocks and stuff. This thing climbs pretty good, could probably be made into a crawler with some mods.

If I ever get a real engineering job makin more money, maybe I'll get a Summit... Rustler, Slash 4x4, and a Summit... sounds like a nice set. Now I got a 4x4 for off roading, I think I'm going to tune up my Rustler for street running and see how fast I can get it going.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: simplecj

Took my truck out today. Lots of things getting in ontop of the axle. I need to add a peice onto the axle cover so there isn't the opening at the end of it. I put the center diff in, so there's no reason to have that area exposed.

I have hit my servo climbing over rocks and stuff. This thing climbs pretty good, could probably be made into a crawler with some mods.

If I ever get a real engineering job makin more money, maybe I'll get a Summit... Rustler, Slash 4x4, and a Summit... sounds like a nice set. Now I got a 4x4 for off roading, I think I'm going to tune up my Rustler for street running and see how fast I can get it going.

I'm feeling you, I have my slash for our track the ruster for bashing and been working on my car for on road speed. Feel pretty good about my set up this summer. Just hope to last the whole thing..lol
    Keep dreaming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I ran my first race today..I finished 7th in my class so I'm kinda happy lol
    a few things i learned today:
    1. my track has been run enough its now hard clay
    2.bowties rule on my track
    3.bring extension cords to the track lol
    4.our track uses transponders so..so new hole in the vw body!
    i picked me up a set of beadlock wheels(they look identical to the ones in the link) with some bowtie m3's and wow...its a huge difference over the stock 2wd slash tires!
    http://prolineracing.com/race/bow-ti...m3-soft-tires/
    4x4 slash with custom \"herbie\" bug body
    1/16 slash vxl with dune buggy body

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if someone will let you try out their "Caliber" tires from proline do it, they are amazing as well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I find that the bowtie is better out of the package and the caliber needs to break in. I found the beadlock wheels would not hold the tires on with my brushless system and they are heavier more rotating mass = motor heat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had no problems at all with them yesterday..the foams inside them are nice and firm and they dont balloon very much..and im running a sidewinder/4600kv combo..I love them! thinking about getting some paddle tires for the back so when i go to the beach all i have to do is unclench the rear and clench the paddles on..I love beadlocks!! And I was going to get calibers, but these were all the ystill had in stock as everyone else was getting new tires lol but i'm happy as hell with them
    4x4 slash with custom \"herbie\" bug body
    1/16 slash vxl with dune buggy body

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: overrev

I found the beadlock wheels would not hold the tires on with my brushless system and they are heavier more rotating mass = motor heat.
    Yup, rookie mistake.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been interested in trying some beadlocks. Would be nice to just swap out tires when you want to. I love them for my scale and crawling but not sure with racing. Maybe if i tune my ESC down for punch..
    Keep dreaming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

was a loose bullet connector,saw that the esc wasn't flashing red then looked for and found problem. i will be putting that 14 tooth back on now.
    ORIGINAL: yotaman1991

does anyone have any experience running a 2s with a 14 tooth pinion? i seem to be hitting thermal shutdown on the track after only a few mins on a breezy 70 degree day. what should i do? i want the truck to go faster then stock and all i have is the stock battery and a 2s 20c 5000mah lipo. i just cut some holes in the body and bought the esc fan. is the motor heat sink really gonna help? also does anyone know what temps the motor can handle up to?
    slash 4x4, xxx-t, xxx-sct, mini raminator, evader ext, ax-10, rc18t

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys here my slash 4x4 so far...

Monster Energy Drag Theme, The package from tower when I first got it, and the Monster truck Version of it...Soon to make it a 1/6-1/5th slash 4x4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om33865.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	1430023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ea84369.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	1430024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qv55738.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	1430025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vh56060.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	1430026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rh67568.jpg 
Size:	177.5 KB 
ID:	1430027  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki79672.jpg 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	1430028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qc29606.jpg 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	1430029  
    Slash 4x4 Monster Energy Drag Truck+Slash 4x4 MT
    Xerun 80a/3665SL
    MadMax Scientist...lol
    Slash 4x4 King Fabricator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the Jconcepts cover too. I'm sure the Proline under tray would eliminate putting anything on the shaft to keep the rocks out. Doing the sandwich thing would work. You really have to vent the lid. I'd use a fine screen or cut a Outerwears filter and use that to let air in and then just open vents at the rear and fan the ESC.

Here is the link for the guy who couldn't find it.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZNS1&P=ML

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can we get a closeup of those shocks on the font bumper? you can see them in the 3rd pic.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

can we get a closeup of those shocks on the font bumper? you can see them in the 3rd pic.
    Ya, I was wondering what the heck he has going on there. Looks like the shocks are mounted on the bumper, but how in the world can that be??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there are two sets, you can see the normal front shocks attached to the towers as normal (looks like it anyway). Maybe he has extra bumper travel? Or maybe he just set them there

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone runnning or seen the Novak 5.5 HV system in these? I was going to run 3S mainly. It seem like mine cogs. I'm running a 15T with 2.8 Pede tires. Also temps were 140 on 3S with it being cool and no lid on and heat sinked up. Was fast though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

Anyone runnning or seen the Novak 5.5 HV system in these? I was going to run 3S mainly. It seem like mine cogs. I'm running a 15T with 2.8 Pede tires. Also temps were 140 on 3S with it being cool and no lid on and heat sinked up. Was fast though.
    Which ESC are you using ??I run a Novak HV 4.5 with a mamba max pro esc on 2s 5000 mah and it's butter smooth
    Steve
    Electric > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > Nitro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stock VXL. Looking for something better. Seems like 3S is going to run hot like it always does on the VXL. May pull the trigger on the MMM. I'm still working on my diffs and suspension. Just got it running last night, but looks like a 15T pinion and some flat our run will get me temps of 140 on a 50 degree day. Not good for later in the season. May have to just buck up and get the MMM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is a good starting point for shock oil in the front and back for racing on a clay track with some big jumps . I have not changed the stock yet . But plan to change becausethe back end is popping up alot over jumps and bumps .

Gonna have a go at racing next week and need to dial in my truck .

I was thinking 60 front 50 rear , like the Steve Slayden set up . Anyone else racing with the Slayden set up on indoor clay tracks ?

Slash 4x4 PE , Slash 2WD Stock , Stampede VXL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

those are stock shocks on the front bumper, i have big bores in the standard spots. i attached them for a stronger bumper becuase it seemed to weak around the bottom and kept pulling off when in a strong impact, this actually helps more than needed. i bought a xerun 80a esc and the 2-pole ezrun 3665sl motor for it and it should be here tuesday. I also fixed my 6888 problem front and rear (broke them awhile go similtamiously) now the aluminum center shaft is one big dog bone and i have mip outputs where the 6888's were....its actually smoother this way with less stress on the drivetrain and i just replace traxxas through-set screws on the CS/dogbone.....ill post pics on that later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh16172.jpg 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	1431567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cn77620.jpg 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	1431568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay45673.jpg 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	1431569  
    Slash 4x4 Monster Energy Drag Truck+Slash 4x4 MT
    Xerun 80a/3665SL
    MadMax Scientist...lol
    Slash 4x4 King Fabricator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

I have the HV5.5 15T pinion with a MMP installed in mine but only run 2s. Smooth as silk and no heat at all.
    Keep dreaming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So I was tearing mine down to do the diffs and so on, when I noticed that there is a bit of a gap on the main shaft. The blue main shaft can silde front to back about 1/4". I am going to put some ruber washers or rings on it to keep it even on both sides. I did the electrical tape and heat shrink trick on the shaft. I am going to take some lexan from a body and heat it and bend it and extend the clear shaft cover towards the rear more. I put 50K in both diffs. this should stop the one wheel peel I'm been getting

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast