Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

ive had that one wheels spin problem too, i threw in some mugen 60k front and rear....now 4 wheels spinning is the problem lol
    Slash 4x4 Monster Energy Drag Truck+Slash 4x4 MT
    Xerun 80a/3665SL
    MadMax Scientist...lol
    Slash 4x4 King Fabricator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IDK about the RTR but in the PE thay put 30K up front and just grease in the rear. Also the grease up front on the main gear looked like oil and was seeping out so I replaced it with some HPI heavy duty grease thats sticky.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

So I was tearing mine down to do the diffs and so on, when I noticed that there is a bit of a gap on the main shaft. The blue main shaft can silde front to back about 1/4". I am going to put some ruber washers or rings on it to keep it even on both sides. I did the electrical tape and heat shrink trick on the shaft. I am going to take some lexan from a body and heat it and bend it and extend the clear shaft cover towards the rear more. I put 50K in both diffs. this should stop the one wheel peel I'm been getting
    I'm pretty sure the 1/4" ish play is designed to allow for chassis flex. But if you still decide to shim it up, let us know if you find that it binds or if it starts working well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im just going to put rubber tubing or o rings on the silver spline to make it seat equally on each side. 1/4" inch seems a bit much.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: strtzpmp

those are stock shocks on the front bumper, i have big bores in the standard spots. i attached them for a stronger bumper becuase it seemed to weak around the bottom and kept pulling off when in a strong impact, this actually helps more than needed. i bought a xerun 80a esc and the 2-pole ezrun 3665sl motor for it and it should be here tuesday. I also fixed my 6888 problem front and rear (broke them awhile go similtamiously) now the aluminum center shaft is one big dog bone and i have mip outputs where the 6888's were....its actually smoother this way with less stress on the drivetrain and i just replace traxxas through-set screws on the CS/dogbone.....ill post pics on that later

Your truck is straight out of a mad max movie . Very creative . Couple questions for ya , what is the 6888 problem you wrote about ? I think I may have bent my front 6888 ?

Is that a 2wd Slash RPM skid plate and mounted with only the front 2 screws ? I like how it covers the drive shaft and servo saver .

What is the blue twine? that is tied around the rear axles for ?

You are defiently the mad scientist of the slash board .
    Slash 4x4 PE , Slash 2WD Stock , Stampede VXL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my slash PE should be here tomorrow i cant wait!
    walking, walking, walking, ooo look at that plane, flying, flying, flying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"Your truck is straight out of a mad max movie . Very creative . Couple questions for ya , what is the 6888 problem you wrote about ? I think I may have bent my front 6888 ?
    Is that a 2wd Slash RPM skid plate and mounted with only the front 2 screws ? I like how it covers the drive shaft and servo saver .
    What is the blue twine? that is tied around the rear axles for ?
    You are defiently the mad scientist of the slash board .

6888 problem was the 2 gear hubs attaching the center driveshaft front and rear....snapped them both at the same time in peices from jumping up my steps lol. thanks for the mad max comments....thats just one of my setups monster energy drag truck....all the monster energy stickers actually came off the monster import drink...1 per can and the bottle tops on the wheels are from the xxl cans....mm mmmm love it

the 2wd skid plate was a mistake but the 2 screws hold it hard and tight (cant pull it off even a little)....i bought the 4x4 thinking all the parts are interchangable with the 2wd model....soooo i bought the truck and EVERY UPGRADEi could find for both 2wd and 4x4....now im stuck with a bunch of parts i cant use unless i find some one locally that want them or buy a 2wd slash....till then some parts i use for the 4x4....rpm skid was a great idea i think, strong, light, and BLUE! also got the front and read 2wd rpm bumpers....and they dont sell the adapter peice included in the 4x4 bumpers...

the twine is actually white shoelace dyed with a blue sharpie....its my EZ Lowering strap kit...works pretty well lol (drag racing)

well ill have more pics of it updated with more of my madmax fabrications tommorow (arm covers, rear 6888 fix, fiberglass chassis i made...not finished yet and more) STAYTUNED

BTW anyone up for trades that has a 2wd slash? anything you need i really have....i want some 1/8 scale wheels or imex 5.5s or jumbo kongs or something.....just big wheels for my newslash 4x4 Mega MT
    Xerun 80a/3665SL
    MadMax Scientist...lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are some cheap mods / fixes. Currently working on a a .50 lexan cover for the slipper nut area.
    Here is an o-ring to keep the shaft even.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is of the clutch VS the optional Revo clutch. Pads are the same size. Diameter is larger on the Revo.

This is the Losi spring. Stiffest and it doesnt even pick up teh front. WEAK. So I need to find something else.

Here is my start on the lexan cover. I heated a flat piece with a heat gun and bent it using a 3/8 extension for a socket wrench.

Here is a pic of it as it sits now. With no springs. Tires are 2.8 Stampede VXL Fronts. Battery extender, 2 heat sinks, ESC Fan, 50K in F & R diffs. Motor clocked at a different angle.

FLM axles on the way. Working on a JConcepts over cover also.
    My E-Revo V-Twin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats a pretty good idea it8ez, ill have to try the when my 6888x's steel front and rear come in.....anyone else wish rpm made more for it....like a stronger lighter chassis...maybe CF chassis/shock towers ect.? i dont want aluminum, i want a lighter stronger more durable slash 4x4.....meant for racing, not a wanna-be sc10 or blitz...WEWANTQUALITLYINGENUITYANDPARTSTHATACTUALL YAREFORU
    SENOTFORSHELF?BLINGFACTOR...titanium of CF/kevlar...

*** is with companies nowadays...screwin us for parts that just look good, not for ACTUAL USE...i want a competitor SC Truck not a model car that wieghs as much as a hpi 5t lol i want a slash 4x4 with touring car options like light wieght low cg chassis and parts. WHOELSEISWITHME!??!?!?!?! lol see ya tommorow, gotta finish the goose and blur my grey
    Xerun 80a/3665SL
    MadMax Scientist...lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice trucks it8ezbngrn.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So I looKed and found these springs for Traxxas models. Integy makes a progressive set also. I am ordering the Integy sets and these Traxxas springs. Some already work but I am going to see which fit and try to figure out the order in relation to stiffness.
    2458 $2 Bandit BlK 2"-?
    2458A $3.89 Bandit Wht 2.16"-?
    4457 $2 Rusty Blk 3.15"-?
    4457A $3.89 Rusty Wht 3.11"-?
    3757 $2 Blk Med 2.5"-?
    3757X $3.89 Stampede Wht 3.19"-?
    3757R $3.89 T-maxx 3.12-? 2.9LB/in
    3758 $2 Sledge hammer Blk 2.5"- .75" FIT
    3758X $3.89 Stampede Wht 2.46"- .61"
    4649R $2.39 Emaxx Red 2.75"-?
    1764 $2 Medium Blk 2.5"-.35"
    4957 $2.39 T-maxx Red 3.25" - 1.20" FIT
    4957R $7.69 (4) T-maxx progressive Wht 3"-? FIT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well today is a good day for me....the 80amp xerun and 3665sl motor came in...was supposed to be here on the 11-13th now thats amazingly quick! to my surprise the esc is HUGE!! like everyone siad...i threw it in a second ago and put a 3s64000mah lipo almost dead and it took off like a bat outta hell!! it seems to be much mure effeciant than the vxl and original mamba max....it acted like it was a radio flyer wagon....with a 572 supercharged in it...all i can say is wow good job hobbywing and fast as hell shipping through nitrorcx.com the only thing i thought was wierd ws i thought the casing was blue aluminum for some reason not plastic....oh well time to have fun...ill put up pics sometime soon...when im done playing
    Xerun 80a/3665SL
    MadMax Scientist...lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is the begining of my .40 lexan cover from a scrap body piece. I heated it up and bent it using a metal tube.

Then I trimmed it down a bit. Then glued it to the stock cover and then started trimming. Yoiu have to be aware of the motor mount. I started the corner section and got it fit with out the motor installed and then worked with the motor mount last.

I marked the motor mount so I know where it normally rests

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Traxxas E-Maxx Aluminum Threaded Shocks from Team Blue Star

Just got these shocks, super nice and two fully assembled sets for $60, not bad. Also just picked up a steel 52 tooth center diff gear and a motor plate/heatsink. I'll also post pics when I get done working on it, probably tomorrow..

Key in picking shocks is the 90-100mm length hole to hole. Mounting is a snap and I really like the longer shocks on the front cause it lets me kick them out further at an angle.

@ it8ezbngrn - nice job on the cover! I'm thinking of doing the same thing. It's beyond me why they didn't cover it in the first place. I mean could you really get a wrench in there to tighten the nut anyways? If not, why leave it open right??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: simplecj

Traxxas E-Maxx Aluminum Threaded Shocks from Team Blue Star

Just got these shocks, super nice and two fully assembled sets for $60, not bad. Also just picked up a steel 52 tooth center diff gear and a motor plate/heatsink. I'll also post pics when I get done working on it, probably tomorrow..

Key in picking shocks is the 90-100mm length hole to hole. Mounting is a snap and I really like the longer shocks on the front cause it lets me kick them out further at an angle.

@ it8ezbngrn - nice job on the cover! I'm thinking of doing the same thing. It's beyond me why they didn't cover it in the first place. I mean could you really get a wrench in there to tighten the nut anyways? If not, why leave it open right??
    Let us know how those shocks work out. What weight do you plan on trying? They look great and I'm looking forward to seeing them mounted.

The wrench that came with the truck works and fits perfect. You just have to roll the truck to tighten or loosen. I just use a small peice of foam to block the area. Also makes it easier for adjustments, not that its hard to take out two screws..lol
    Keep dreaming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

K, so I stayed up late last night putting in the new parts, took some pics today. The shocks mounted fine, they come with their own aluminum top bushing so all you have to use is a regular screw that's long enough. You can use the screws that come with them, but they are Philips heads. I've bought a couple spare Rustler screw sets off ebay, so I have plenty hex screws to work with.

The shocks come prefilled from blue star, not sure what weight. I got a bottle of 55wt that I'm going to fill them all with when they start getting a bit low. Seems everyone was suggesting 50-60wt, so I figured 55wt would do fine and I only wanted to get one bottle anyways.

The springs that come with them are alright, but maybe a bit stiff for this truck. I need to get some better ones, especially for the front. I had some light blue T-maxx springs that I was using on my Rustler and they seem to do good on the Slash rear too. All in all though, even with the current set-up I notice a huge improvement in handling. It also jumps alot nicer now without bottoming out!

The Hot Racing heatsink motor plate I got was pretty nice, not a huge sink, but it does increase surface area and looks nice doing it. I even put a little arctic silver between the plate and the motor to help conduct the heat away.

The Hot Racing 52 tooth steel spur is very nice. I've already stripped out a couple spurs since getting the center diff, so this should be a good fix for that. It's a little more noisy, but I'm guessing that will go away once the gears get worn-in.

I noticed a problem though. When I took the back end off, I noticed that my rear diff seems like it's dragging. It was even making kind of a weird squeaking noise like something is binding against the plastic. It drives fine, but I think the outward facing bearing is having issues or something. There was alot of dirt built up around the opening where a little oil had leaked out. Any suggestions?? Anyone else had a similar problem? I know I'm going to have to open the diffs sooner or later, but I'd rather not be sooner... then again, I don't want to destroy my rear diff either... [&o]

OH... BTW... I got my $30 Hong Kong battery a few days ago! (first pic) That thing is crazy! It's only 1.2v higher than my A123 packs, but man you can still tell the difference! I'm just hoping this thing doesn't burst into flame though, that's one thing I don't have to worry about with the A123's. Not to mention the fact that I can build/rebuild/fix my own A123 packs and brand new cells are down to about $8 a piece on ebay now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig11887.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	1432891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mi21962.jpg 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	1432892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pu50657.jpg 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	1432893  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

loosen the housing screws there 3 of them. 2 holding the diff case on the shock tower and 1 at the bottom hindge...i had the same problem....just loosen them and try it every turn happens to the front 2

Few pics since yesterday...XERUN 80a/ VXL 3500......cleanly wired..rear 6888x fix(CS is a dog bone now lol) and front.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64228.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	1432900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rn39332.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	1432901   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gl20665.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	1432902   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tm30638.jpg 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	1432903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sd43094.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	1432904  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iz38417.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	1432905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ce69095.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	1432906  
    Xerun 80a/3665SL
    MadMax Scientist...lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice! What is that on the end of your drive shaft with the slot cut in it??

I was wondering... with the bigger 2.8 wheels and say.. 1/2" hub extenders all around, wouldn't this truck pretty much be a 1/8 scale? I mean after working with the Slash for a bit now, my Rustler seems tiny!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well thats what everyone says...throw some 1/8 wheels on  it and it could be a 1/8 buggy/truggy.

the ends on my center shaft are mip cvd outputs....used them when the 6888 broke front and rear....they are steel and hold up great...much better than stock centershaft gear hubs...NO PLAY!!
    Xerun 80a/3665SL
    MadMax Scientist...lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow, been looking at the new MIP telescoping drive axles for the 4x4 slash and they look pretty sweet. Much better design that the old dog-bones. Problem is, they want $55 per set, so $110 to do all four axles. And... I can't seem to find any MIP center shaft output listings that have a picture of the part. I hate buying something when I can't visually verify that it's what I need.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

they arent centshaft outdrive...well not supposed to be there for the axles on the diff...theres no CS outputs lol  i drove pins through my CS on both sides and fabricated the mips to fit the mount the 6888 fits on
    Xerun 80a/3665SL
    MadMax Scientist...lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looking good gang!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

simplecj the mip cvd are 39.95 at stormerhobbies.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Still, that's $80 for front and back... maybe next month. I already spent too much as it is. Such an expensive hobby, but these trucks are pretty sweet! I want to scale it up to like dune buggy size and actually be able to drive it. That'd be awesome!

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast