Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Blitz, SC10, Slash, or Strike?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:16 AM
thzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blitz, SC10, Slash, or Strike?

Actually they do support a type of racing, i.e. the Traxxas TORC series as the primary sponsor. Now, granted that isn't R/C, but still.

ORIGINAL: mini-dude
It's not like Traxxas has any ''real'' history in RC car/truck racing, and they openly admit to not being (or intending to be) a company that produces race vehicles - nor do they support any type of racing or any RC race events. They're a basher company and they know it.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:14 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

actually guys this argument can go on for years .. the bottom line is there are 2 company's making race quality corr trucks losi and associated .. the rest are toys ... this sport is all about going out there and having a good time, if you are happy with what you have or are getting then that is all that counts. the truck is only going to be as fast as you are capable of driving on a track
Old 11-11-2009, 01:57 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

actually guys this argument can go on for years .. the bottom line is there are 2 company's making race quality corr trucks losi and associated .. the rest are toys ... this sport is all about going out there and having a good time, if you are happy with what you have or are getting then that is all that counts. the truck is only going to be as fast as you are capable of driving on a track
Toys?
HPI makes a nice truck
and Traxxas you can bash hard!
calling them toys, look around man at toysrus
Old 11-11-2009, 05:20 PM
monsterbrad

Look at his fleet
All RC10 and Losi stuff
They are not that great I have had and still have Losi and Associated stuff ( well no associated stuff at the moment)
Yeah granted over the years there has been Losi and Associated race trucks and cars and there still is but I have to say that Associated is kinda blowing Losi off the charts with quality and racer abilities.
But associated has always had the same weak spots front arms and steering.
In the end it all depends on how you drive and how good you are at it and very little with the kind of vehicle you have !
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
ausjethro

ORIGINAL: normanw419

ausjethro,your reply seems to be the most reasonable . being you actually have 3 of the models to compare heads up.have you had durability issues with the strike as others have stated?
As to your question regarding durability issues with the Strike-YES! I have already totalled the entire diff assembly-I am pretty careful with my setups-gearing-slipper clutch adjustment etc.Even though I drive fairly hard,I don't abuse my vehicles-They cost too much here in Australia! My driving buddy is also having some problems with his servo mechanism which keeps popping out of the body location holes on the underside of the body ,which while not serious is a bit of a pain.We both experienced some glitching with the recievers in both cars and I ended up moving them forward to the area directly behind the front bumper bar and the problem was fixed.Apparently there have been some reports of the digital servo causing the problem due to the close proximity of the two units?Both of us run brushless units as the Strike claims to be brushless ready ,but I am not convinced of this claim.As a point of interest, I have a Losi Speed-T sitting on my shelf as it continually melted the plastic diff gear with the factory fitted xcelorin b/l motor.For what its worth,I think their Desert truck has the best diff.Since my previous post,I have sold the Strike and bought another SC10-what does that tell you!
Regards,Ausjethro
Old 11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

That's a pretty big claim considering the Strike is based on Losi's biggest failure to date the High Roller... I will agree that the SC10 is a pure race truck but the Strike is anything but... I've see them run and have run againist them and they are no competition for any of the other SCT's on the market today. The Slash is about the most archaic design out today but at least it's tough and will take a beating.

BTW: Yes I do currently own and race Slash's but I use to race Losi and Assoc Buggies and Stadium trucks so I'm not a Losi basher...
Old 11-13-2009, 05:45 PM
monsterbrad

Still wanting the HPI Blitz
just have to pull the trigger but kinda want to wait for the 4wd but they are kinda easy to drive so I am still undecided.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:25 PM
normanw419

my hpi blitz arrived today. mine is the black version, and i must say the pictures just dont do these trucks justice.compared to the blitz the losi strike body looks generic
Old 11-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Zerodefect

ORIGINAL: mini-dude

ORIGINAL: OLD-SCHOOL

i also agree, fact is if your breaking things you need to practice more. all the trucks are good and they all have pro's & con's, as for me i have been watching slash races since they came out and i have never liked them, yeah their fun and competative but only when racing against other slash trucks, once you toss a sc10, losi, or hpi in the mix, the slash just is not up to par for all out racing, its durable & fun yes, but can it compete with these race breed sc trucks is the question. i have been around R/C racing long enough to know that with the introduction of these new SCT's that the slash class is going to change to the SC class, and the slash is not going to be able to compete in the very class it started.

if ur old enough you would remember when stadium truck class first started, we all raced the Tamiya HiLux for the most part, and it was a fun class but as soon as the rc10t & jrx-t hit the track it was over! the top guys running the HiLux just could not compete, in fact they were getting OWNED by the bottom guy who had simply went out and bought a jrx-t or rc10t, and the same is about to happen to the slash!

I remember those days where I lived the class was being dominated by guys that dumped a ton of money into their Blackfoots (or HiLux), but that was their problem for building 500-buck trucks and getting owned by $150 stockers... but then again that was the problem with trying to RACE a vehicle that was NOT a race vehicle... and that's happened in every form of RC racing since the dawn of time. It's called survival of the fitest, improving the breed, building a better mouse trap.

It's not like Traxxas has any ''real'' history in RC car/truck racing, and they openly admit to not being (or intending to be) a company that produces race vehicles - nor do they support any type of racing or any RC race events. They're a basher company and they know it.

The fact that this ''Short Course'' class has caught on, and maybe should/could superceed the Stadium Truck Class that has morphed into streeline bodies and crazy wheelbases and widths and tire and motor of the month should be good enough in itself so as to return truck racing to actual truck-looking vehicles....

I agree that it would be nice if this SCT class ate the 1/10th truck class. These are way more fun and are becomeing more popular up here. Besides do we really need a class thats nearly the same as 1/10th buggy? Sure they are a little bigger, and a little plusher.......

With the right setup the Slash holds its own very nicely. I like my Sc10 better than my Slash, but the Slash works well enough to still win in this class. We have the Slash figured out. Still working on the SC10 and Blitz. The Slash servo and Esc have't let me down and the motor lasts as long as every 12 turn brushed motor I've ever had.

Maybe Traxxas sould concentrate harder on makeing a more race ready truck. They could pull it off. SCT, 1/10th 2wd truck, and 1/10th 2wd buggy are hardly rocket science. Could they do it cheaper than AE, no. And thats a good reason to stay a basher company.

It should be noted that every track I've heard about thats running a SCT class, is setting the rules to represent the same type of racing the Slash started. It looks like Hpi and AE showed alot of respect for the class by not going to crazy and still building a kit that still represents what this class should be. More race ready desighns they are, but they still represent the spirit of Slash raceing well. Losi F'd up and made the Strike too big and too odd and it deosn't look like any Corr truck I've seen.

-Scale SCT tires (Slash, Blitz, Bowties, SC10) Low grip and Slow bumper to bumper action just like the real trucks.
-limited brushless power, often 17.5, similar speeds as the RTR's.
-Scale bodies and wheels, we desperately need at least one scaleish class in RC offroad. Not every class needs to look like a bunch of lunar rovers having a seizure.
-save the high speed, high traction racing for the other classes, these are as much demolition derby as they are racing trucks.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Snipin_Willy

I almost bought a Blitz this afternoon, but with the season coming to a close and winter coming up fast, I decided to hold on to my $200 and wait. HobbyCity is out of stock on the lipos I want to order anyway
Old 11-14-2009, 09:21 AM
R/C Lightweight

I agree that it would be nice if this SCT class ate the 1/10th truck class. These are way more fun and are becomeing more popular up here. Besides do we really need a class thats nearly the same as 1/10th buggy? Sure they are a little bigger, and a little plusher.......

With the right setup the Slash holds its own very nicely. I like my Sc10 better than my Slash, but the Slash works well enough to still win in this class. We have the Slash figured out. Still working on the SC10 and Blitz. The Slash servo and Esc have't let me down and the motor lasts as long as every 12 turn brushed motor I've ever had.

Maybe Traxxas sould concentrate harder on makeing a more race ready truck. They could pull it off. SCT, 1/10th 2wd truck, and 1/10th 2wd buggy are hardly rocket science. Could they do it cheaper than AE, no. And thats a good reason to stay a basher company.

It should be noted that every track I've heard about thats running a SCT class, is setting the rules to represent the same type of racing the Slash started. It looks like Hpi and AE showed alot of respect for the class by not going to crazy and still building a kit that still represents what this class should be. More race ready desighns they are, but they still represent the spirit of Slash raceing well. Losi F'd up and made the Strike too big and too odd and it deosn't look like any Corr truck I've seen.

-Scale SCT tires (Slash, Blitz, Bowties, SC10) Low grip and Slow bumper to bumper action just like the real trucks.
-limited brushless power, often 17.5, similar speeds as the RTR's.
-Scale bodies and wheels, we desperately need at least one scaleish class in RC offroad. Not every class needs to look like a bunch of lunar rovers having a seizure.
-save the high speed, high traction racing for the other classes, these are as much demolition derby as they are racing trucks.
I couldn't agree more. The current fleet of so called "race vehicles" are ridiculous looking. You hit the nail on the head saying they look like lunar rovers. Frankly, I don't care if the SC trucks give up performance in favor of scale realism and handling. They are loads more fun than stadium trucks or buggies, whick I've owned plenty of. I've had a Slash and SC10 thus far, and am considering the Slash 4x4 because of how much fun I've had with the first two! There are many SC class haters out there who say that they don't belong on a track. I disagree. If that's the case, the other classes should race on the moon where they belong. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:26 PM
cubnpede82

OKguys here's the big Q...... I'm thinking of making my Stampede into a slash..... buy the parts and convert or make my own home brew CORR truck and get some tires and a body by proline???
Old 11-15-2009, 12:09 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: cubnpede82

OKguys here's the big Q...... I'm thinking of making my Stampede into a slash..... buy the parts and convert or make my own home brew CORR truck and get some tires and a body by proline???
I would just get a Slash and have both
Old 11-16-2009, 01:59 AM
monsterpede360

everyone is going to have they're own opinion on everything.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:19 AM
monsterbrad

thats for sure
this class was on my mind since I was a little kid
I have always been crazy about CORR trucks and Dirt bikes
they both belong on tracks in real life and RC
Old 11-16-2009, 01:21 PM
srt10

This SC class is very cool, and love the scale looks!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:12 PM
monsterpede360

On all of the SC trucks depends on what and how you wanna run. bashing to race track.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 PM
srt10

But it's great to have one that will do both
Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 AM
monsterpede360

yeah but all of them are going to be different.
The losi and slash are going to be good bashers but flip a little easier than the sc10 and hpi blitz.
The sc10 and blitz are going to be a better track truck because of the lower center gravity.
This is just my opinion
Old 11-17-2009, 07:21 PM
mercerbeef

I got the orange and black blitz, and it handles just like the efirstorm. the motor was enough to keep up with stock sc's but in the open class it wasn't enough. go for the Blitz over the slash
Old 11-17-2009, 09:29 PM
monsterpede360

blitz-1 slash-0
Old 11-17-2009, 09:54 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie totally WANTS to want the Blitz...but his former AE vs HPI experience for something light weight and 2wd tells him "LOSI OR AE"

He will no longer own Losi cars (newest one he will own is his Adam Drake 2), so we're down to AE.

Really want to want the Blitz...if it was available in kit form, it'd be on like Donkey Kong.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:06 PM
mercerbeef

If thats the case, just buy all the Blitz parts separately and build it. lol
compared to the slash the blitz is light weight, it took me a few laps to adjust.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:02 AM
monsterpede360

yeah thats a good way to put it. the blitz is lighter and more of a track truck. slash is more of a street/track truck. its going to be heavier because of the heavy duty parts.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:13 PM
929rog

Put a DT diff in your speed t of the brushless system in your desert truck. That gear diff is tough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.