Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Vorza flux

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:26 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vorza flux

if you want a truggy get a D8T and get the electric if/when they release it or convert a nitro

you could if you're worreid about clearance with the wheels get some LPR 1/2 offsets

the lug
Old 11-05-2009, 10:43 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

that looks sick, I wish I could swing the $$ for one of them.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:53 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Snipin_Willy

Just like almost everything that has the CC2200 motor in it is maddly over powered. You're going to run into problems trying to build a speed buggy and bash in the grass and dirt.
#1: Running in grass draws much much much more current than running in the street.
#2: Ground clearance is an issue. More drag on a buggy than there is in a MT. You'll have slower grass speed with the Vorza.
#3: Vorza has a center diff, only way to get the front and rear wheels turning at the same rate at high speed is to lock the center diff, making it suck for any type of racing.
#4: Trying to run a buggy geared for speed runs in grass conditions is going to over heat the motor and maybe your batteries.

And what this about a Revo not being fast enough? Some people have them doing 90+ in a strait line (o.O)

Vorza (Hot Bodies D8 remake) wasn't made for street/backyard bashing, no matter what you read on HPI's website. Can it be used for that? sure, but you're better off going with something that has ground clearance.
But what do I know, I only race 1/8 brushless.
Well said Willy!
I can tell you have run a time or two with electrics...
by the way, what motor and esc are you running in your Vendetta?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Snipin_Willy

ORIGINAL: srt10

Just like almost everything that has the CC2200 motor in it is maddly over powered. You're going to run into problems trying to build a speed buggy and bash in the grass and dirt.
#1: Running in grass draws much much much more current than running in the street.
#2: Ground clearance is an issue. More drag on a buggy than there is in a MT. You'll have slower grass speed with the Vorza.
#3: Vorza has a center diff, only way to get the front and rear wheels turning at the same rate at high speed is to lock the center diff, making it suck for any type of racing.
#4: Trying to run a buggy geared for speed runs in grass conditions is going to over heat the motor and maybe your batteries.

And what this about a Revo not being fast enough? Some people have them doing 90+ in a strait line (o.O)

Vorza (Hot Bodies D8 remake) wasn't made for street/backyard bashing, no matter what you read on HPI's website. Can it be used for that? sure, but you're better off going with something that has ground clearance.
Well said Willy!
I can tell you have run a time or two with electrics...
by the way, what motor and esc are you running in your Vendetta?
MMP and Ammo 3900.

Earlier in the posts someone suggested a Truggy. I love wheeling my truggy. Jumps like it has wings and easy to control in the air, lands like it rides on pillows in comparison to buggies, and it's plenty fast when you think it weighs 9 pounds and it can run 40 on the street with 1 gear ratio. But it's not a nimble as a buggy, not a tough as a savage, not as fast as my 1/18 vendetta on the street. But it's more forgiving on the track and overall just more fun to run.

Can't have it all in 1 RC, that's why so many of us have collections: a flavor for whatever we desire if you will.
RC8: Race Buggy
RC8T: Race Truggy
CRT.5: bash mobile
Vendetta ST: Street speed machine.
All of the above are bushless
Old 11-06-2009, 06:49 AM
fiatuno09

I already run in the grass with my Revo, and the motor or esc have never overheated even by the slightest.
My Revo only does about 30mph, maybe 35 pushing it on grass, surely the Vorza will be quicker than that cos its much lighter.
The e-revo doesn't have a center diff but people still race them, it handles alright. Even with the center diff, I can just add heavier oil.
When I gear my e-revo for speed runs, I still drive it on the grass when i get bored in the same gearing. Again, the motor never overheats and the lipo's barely get warm.

Why would the Vorza not be made for bashing? It looks pretty damn tough to me.

If I get something with more ground clearance i.e. a truggy, thats pretty much the same as the e-revo and will be heavy. The whole point of getting the Vorza is that it's a light, fast buggy.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:55 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: jjl5590

I already run in the grass with my Revo, and the motor or esc have never overheated even by the slightest.
My Revo only does about 30mph, maybe 35 pushing it on grass, surely the Vorza will be quicker than that cos its much lighter.
The e-revo doesn't have a center diff but people still race them, it handles alright. Even with the center diff, I can just add heavier oil.
When I gear my e-revo for speed runs, I still drive it on the grass when i get bored in the same gearing. Again, the motor never overheats and the lipo's barely get warm.

If I get something with more ground clearance i.e. a truggy, thats pretty much the same as the e-revo and will be heavy. The whole point of getting the Vorza is that it's a light, fast buggy.

just because something is lighter does not gaurante it will be faster..
if your only gettting 30 out of your revo, you wont get much more out of the vorza..
you should be getting 40-45 mph easy with a revo bashing in the grass without changing gear ratios
on 6s you would be in the 50s easy!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:56 PM
fiatuno09

That's why I think my MMM combo is not performing as it should.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:08 PM
srt10

That's why I think my MMM combo is not performing as it should.
are you using the stock radio?
have you checked the esc settings?
I get 60mph running 4s
Old 11-07-2009, 05:44 AM
fiatuno09

omd no I am not using stock radio, everything is calibrated correctly, all settings on MMM are at their respective most powerful setting.

Please I don't want to discuss my E-Revo any more.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Wild YFZ 450

omd no I am not using stock radio, everything is calibrated correctly, all settings on MMM are at their respective most powerful setting.

Your obviously doing something wrong with your E-revo people are getting 90mph with them, Just because something is lighter doesn't mean it will go faster, the Vorza was made for racing period. You obviously don't want other peoples opinion only your own and people that back you up, So honestly why are you asking here?

EDIT: Can you post a pic of your revo setup here? Or the MMM ESC ?
Old 11-07-2009, 02:50 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Wild YFZ 450

Your obviously doing something wrong with your E-revo people are getting 90mph with them, Just because something is lighter doesn't mean it will go faster, the Vorza was made for racing period. You obviously don't want other peoples opinion only your own and people that back you up, So honestly why are you asking here?

EDIT: Can you post a pic of your revo setup here? Or the MMM ESC ?
I agree!
I'm starting to think he does not have an Erevo, because they are so easy to get to 50mph
slap in 6s and hit the throttle, no brainer [:-]
if everything is correct? and only 30mph?
math does not add up
Old 11-07-2009, 05:05 PM
BigTb17

I decided a while ago that my next vehicle would be 1/8th scale. I've had mostly 1/10th scale over the years, until recently I've had a few 1/18th scale vehicles. I figured it was about time I got an 1/8th scale.

I was originally just figuring on getting a Savage Flux. It has more than enough power for me (is there ever really such a thing), and it seems fairly durable despite it's abundance of power. I don't plan on racing and I figured that a monster truck would be best for off-road bashability. However, I've always liked buggies, and the more I though about it, there really isn't anywhere I would drive it that a buggy couldn't handle. It seems like way too often I see people buy a monster truck and lower them as far as they will go, put street tires on them, and then drive them mostly on pavement, smooth dirt, etc. I don't want to end up being one of those people. A buggy would handle better, and would be more stable at speed. Plus, maybe it's just me, but I really prefer the single battery tray to the double boxes on the sides of the frame. Seems more protected and more versatile.

When I saw the Vorza Flux, I once again figured my descision was made. However, the price really isn't that much better than simply buying an electric buggy kit and the MMM combo. Plus, I've always had a soft spot for Associated kits. Does anybody have any experience with the D8 this is based on? Is there anything that would make this more desireable than a RC8B (I would buy the nitro Factory Team kit because of the added features, and then custom convert it myself)? Particularly considering I won't be racing it?

I know there are many reasons to argue against a buggy if you aren't going to race, but I just don't see myself on any terrain that a buggy wouldn't be able to handle, and I like buggies. However, if there is something I've overlooked, let me know.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Yosh70

You should probably start another thread but I'll give my 2 cents. I have a Pede, recently bought a Savage Flux for my older boy and now, purchased a 4WD Ofna Ultra LX1-E, mainly for my youngest. I too was interested in a buggie after watching some youtube videos and the Vorza was on my short list.

But I came across alot of LX1-E recommendations and the buggie is less than $200. So after all the electronics go in, I will have about the same amount of money into it as the RTR Vorza. Will I have a superior RC? Tough to say.
I could order in some off-shore parts like the ESC, motor and what-not and save a few bucks but I've had good luck with Castle and will stay within N.A. for the other parts. But thats just me.

I do know I'll have a durable, reliable buggie that should last a long time.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:07 PM
BigTb17

Thanks for the input Yosh.

Yeah, sorry about the long winded post. I really did intend it to be more about the Vorza Flux. Since it isn't yet out I just wondered, since it's based on the D8, if maybe somebody had an idea what this might offer over other 1/8th scale buggies.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:39 PM
srt10

There are some cheaper 1/8th RTR Brushless buggies on the market right now
I've thought about one of those, because I have so much into my Revo
Old 11-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Snipin_Willy

It doesn't have anything more to offer than any of the other brand name buggies have to offer. If you have a track to run on, it'll be a lot more fun than if you didn't.
It boggles me why people by RC cars and never take them out to put their skill up against someone else at a race track. I used to bash for years in the back yard before I tried racing. First time i went racing I was hooked. I dumped my 2wd nitro rustler and got a real mod truck.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:19 AM
wyattroa

It doesn't have anything more to offer than any of the other brand name buggies have to offer. If you have a track to run on, it'll be a lot more fun than if you didn't.
It boggles me why people by RC cars and never take them out to put their skill up against someone else at a race track. I used to bash for years in the back yard before I tried racing. First time i went racing I was hooked. I dumped my 2wd nitro rustler and got a real mod truck.
not really any tracks by me to race.. i just love going out and running them around.. it takes the stress away and is fun. The vorza looks nice but i dont see what it brings to the table that other dont. I also agree the the guy might not have a e-revo..its just like my savage flux.. you pop in 6s in it and the thing is nuts... there is just no way a stock e-revo brushless is only going 30mph..
robert
Old 11-08-2009, 06:34 AM
fiatuno09

Jeez guys, my E-Revo will do 51mph max, and about 30mph (or less) on grass. It's far too slow for me. But yeah, I don't even have an E-Revo so no one mention it again.

As you all mentioned, the Vorza looks nice but what does it bring to the table that any other buggy doesn't? Well I can't really answer this, but is there any reason not to get it?

I am also looking at the Hobao 9e, and Team Associated RC8e and RC8Te. These 3 cars are all rollers, and once I drop a MMM combo and servo in the, they work out about the same price as the Vorza. All of these cars don't look as tough as the Vorza, and parts availability in the UK may be limited, whereas I know HPI will never be too hard to find. The Vorza just looks more bulletproof, and more orientated to bashing rather than racing. For example, the little bits that secure the shocks to the shock tower - these are a weak point in buggy's, and if you flip it you are most likely to crack one and the shock will come off. However on the Vorza, they are metal for one thing, and they have a plastic protecting cover over the top. It's chassis and shock towers are all 4mm hard anodized.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:22 AM
srt10

30mph in the grass?[:-]
and now it does 51mph after everyone here said that's the speed a revo can get easy?
40-50mph is more like it running in the grass
again I get 60mph running 4s on blacktop and 50s in the grass

I don't think this guy ever had an erevo and his mind is made up, not sure why he keeps asking the questions?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 AM
srt10

a buggy form would be faster though, right? because its lighter and smaller than a truggy, right?

In all the racing I've seen the Truggies run faster speeds and times
Old 11-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Snipin_Willy

Low ground clearance. No doubt about its durability, but have you ever wheeled a 1/8 buggy?

my E-Revo will do 51mph max...
I don't even have an E-Revo
I'm not sure how to answer this. The illusion of speed or lack there of may be a problem in that your ERBE is in fact invisible.

Vorza looks nice but what does it bring to the table that any other buggy doesn't?
It's RTR; no assembly required. Only other company that I know of offering that is Losi. For you it may be easier to get parts for given your location.

is there any reason not to get it?
Again, have you ever had a 1/8 buggy? They don't drive like they like to bash. Suspension arms are short and the ground clearance is low. They bounce over rough terrain.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:45 AM
srt10

maybe a wicked brushless truggy from HPI would be the ticket?
Old 11-08-2009, 11:52 AM
fiatuno09

Is the only reason truggy's run faster lap times than buggy's because they have superior handling? I'm pretty much just interested in straight line speed. I saw a video of an RC8e going 100mph on 6s, but the lipo did not fit correctly in the battery tray, and they were using the 2650 motor.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:52 PM
wyattroa

Is the only reason truggy's run faster lap times than buggy's because they have superior handling? I'm pretty much just interested in straight line speed. I saw a video of an RC8e going 100mph on 6s, but the lipo did not fit correctly in the battery tray, and they were using the 2650 motor.
I just don't know what to say to you anymore. If you are concerned only about straight line speed get an on-road. People are on here trying to help you out and have patiently answered all of your questions and what do they get in return? You telling them in bold letters not to talk about you not having a revo after you say you have one. If you dont want our advice and are going to rude to everyone then go else where.

a truggy with have a smoother ride across most surfaces due to ground clearance. Which has been mentioned about 5 times already in this thread that you have ignored. It will soak up bumps better with more suspension travel.
robert
Old 11-08-2009, 03:39 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: wyattroa

I just don't know what to say to you anymore. If you are concerned only about straight line speed get an on-road. People are on here trying to help you out and have patiently answered all of your questions and what do they get in return? You telling them in bold letters not to talk about you not having a revo after you say you have one. If you dont want our advice and are going to rude to everyone then go else where.

a truggy with have a smoother ride across most surfaces due to ground clearance. Which has been mentioned about 5 times already in this thread that you have ignored. It will soak up bumps better with my suspension travel.
robert

I agree Robert..
alot of help has been made, but the person with the questions blows everyone off and pretty much tells them their wrong or something..
for all out top speed and that's all someone wants, a on-road 1/8th scale is the way to go, possibly runnnig a MMM setup.
I would love to see a RTR Brushless Truggy! [:-]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.