Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tamiya TEU 101BK to Hitec receiver Connection

The Battery connecter from the tamiya ESC has little bulges and fits perfectly into the connector coming off the On/Off switch on the reciever, (pic 1)but not into the actual Battery input on the reciever (pic 2) which has no spaces for the bulges. Can I run the esc through the "On/Off" switch, just leaving it on? (pic 3) I ordered the ESC online and want to know if I am going to fry it or screw it up doing this, as I will return it if that is the case. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77909.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	1308221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy80173.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	1308222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Io28981.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	159.5 KB 
ID:	1308223  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tamiya TEU 101BK to Hitec receiver Connection

I don't see why not, but don't take my word for it, wait till some Tamiya masters show up

and welcome to RCU.
    OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, stock sprint 2 drift, Savage Flux (4S), slash (just a roller for now)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

umm i dont see whats wrong???

thats what my setups like, i think.

you shouldnt need that extra switch there between the esc and the receiver cus theres allready a switch on the esc witch controlls the power not only to the esc but to the receiver through the batt. wire.

Basicaly, (if you remove that extra switch), when you turn on the esc the receiver will also turn on.
    Team associated t4.1 (currently a roller)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the welcome. I can't plug the esc directly into the receiver, the plugs aren't friendly! I think it should work, but I just wonder if 1) there is some electrical thing that will go wrong and/or 2) the esc won't work with the reciever since it doesn't have compatible plugs. or maybe I'm just overthinking it.I just don't want to fry the ESC. If anyone knows for a fact this won't work let me know! Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You could also shave the bumps off the bottom of the plug with a razor blade so that it will fit inside the socket on the receiver. Just make sure you observe the correct polarity when plugging in.
    Matt Smith
    If you\'\'re not having fun, you\'\'re missing the point.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

In the instructions for the TEU-101BK it says its compatible with Tamiya Ko Futaba JR and Sanwa. No Hitec. Should I care? I am getting the sense that these electronics are perhaps more robust than I am giving them credit, esp if people are suggesting taking a razor blade to them, which I am totally willing to do, just not if I fry the ESC. I know my motor won't burn out the ESC, its a Tamiya Sport Tuned.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That ESC does not care what brand receiver it is connected to. Occasionally, there are issues with inter-compatibility among different brands of electronics, but that will not be the case here - - usually it results from using a different brand transmitter and receiver, and I have yet to hear of a TEU101 not working with a particular brand radio. As another solution, you could cut off the BEC plug(the red two pin plug with the bumps) and solder in a connector like the ones your servo leads have. Again, as long as the polarity is correct, no issue. I'm sure you could find someone to solder it for you if you are not comfortable doing it as well.

edited for typos...
    Matt Smith
    If you\'\'re not having fun, you\'\'re missing the point.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If your handy with soldering you can do what I did and remove the switch and the extra wire for power to the receiver. I opened it up and soldered the power wire leads on the board to the neg and positive wire on the 3pin signal wire to the receiver ( red circle). For the switch I jumped the connection right at the board (yellow circle). So no more switch or extra wire to run to the receiver.

RS4 3,Hellfire SS,Super Nitro Rally,M03,TA02,YZ-875, TA05R,RC10T1/2,RC10GT,Mini-Slider,Micro-DT,Evader, Blizzard,E-Firestorm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you could just take the cover off your receiver and make the gap a little wider with a razor blade

Then u will still have the stock plug and wont have to worry about reverse polarity

I think you should just get another servo plug and put the wires in it. You dont need to be good at soldering cus u just strip the wires and crush the two together, you just need a verrrrry fine screwdriver to lift up the prongs get the old wire out and crush the new wire into place with pliers.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh i just saw the extra switch from your first post.

If the switch is just acting as a wire then you can just use it as its set up now because the power to the receiver only turns on when you turn the e.s.c. on. 

So you can use it just like your running it now and leave that switch on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, i think I am going to try opening up the reciever and doing some minor trimming so I can plug in the ESC directly. I want to avoid any wiring adjustments. Also, out of curiousity, how does one affix the ESC to the chassis? it doesn't appear to have any screw holes and I know it heats up...its my first ESC.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

re: Buzzbomber message- thanks buzzbomber that is reassuring. I work on bicycles and have run into enough compatibility issues with them that i am now wary with everything.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

to fix esc and receiver to the chassis you can use  *double sided tape  *bluetack  * hot glue  *anything else sticky

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

got it all set up, now getting a sudden pull to one side on the steering when i accelerate!?  any thoughts?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi, why not just buy a hi tech compatible servo plug at your LHS and and cut off the fitted one and replace it, thats what i do so i can run my TLU101 speedo's with my spektrum radio , they dont accept the little JST plugs either, do you mean the steering turns when you hit the throttle or the chassis pulls to one side as you accelerate?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unfortunately, i am in a small town that has no RC Hobby store. When I hit the throttle to accellerate the wheels briefly turn, like a twitch. I have two thoughts, 1. that the battery is low (but the throttle power is still high so that might not be right) and 2. that the wires going into the reciever are bundled too tightly and are causing some electrical overlap. I don't know if this is possible but i do know that they want you to keep the battery wires and esc wires away from the reciever and antenna wire. I've done my best to do that but maybe there is still some kind of "spill" between the servo wires going into the esc?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

have you got the steering servo adjusted with the steering trim on the controller much??

If you doo then when you accellerate there might be a momentary lapse in power to the servo and it will want to return to its neutral position.

Just a theory.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi again, you can get servo plugs off ebay for pennies,real easy to fit too,, if its a momentary twitch at initial start then all is ok you may have a tired receiver or transmitter that is due for replacement , if you have a spare try swapping them over and see if it still does it, if you dont then borrow a friends for 10 mins and try that,no friends? then you could do something really whacky ,, find a large obstacle free area and swap the plugs over so that steering works throttle and visa versa,sounds really strange but if the car accelerates funny but steers fine then you know its a dodgy channel and its time for replacement , if it still does the same as before then its the servo, my hi tec ranger2n lasted about a year before it started twitching and glitching,not good , some times it would accelerate when i steered and visa versa , think i got fuel on it, went over to spektrum dx3r over a year ago and all i can say is i havent even thought about radio problems since, a little tip for when you get the problem sorted is to use 2 or 3 layers of servo tape under the receiver to absorb shock and help keep it away from water that may get into the chassis floor, hope this helps and hope you get it sorted, i know how much it sucks when things dont work as they should but these things take a beating and have a limited life span, stick with it and keep us updated.