Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Getting A Blitz tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:21 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Getting A Blitz tomorrow.

Thanks bigbangtheory. The slash is a great truck too. But i figured i would try something new. And so far I really like this truck. And i beat the snot out of it like i did my slash, and it just bounces back.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Bigbangtheory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool bud! By the way that track looks like a lot of fun for a makeshift track. Wish I could do that where I live, but not much dirt here.....more grass. So have to hit the hobby shop tracks.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
monsterbrad

that track looks awesome
I want to set up a small track in the back yard for the 1/18th scales and the wife does not like the idea
well that was till we went to baja fast and she had her own baja to run for 3 days
I have to add a blitz to my fleet
did you guys build that track all by hand ?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 PM
So Cal

Yep, that track was all done by hand. I need to get pics of the track in my yard, it is way better. That one is in my friends side yard. I have more lanes, better jumps, and different features. I just got done running on it and man it is fast. Now i just need lipo. Guess thats what i will get for christmas. Haha
Old 12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
So Cal

Heres some pics of the track at my house.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Littl3TuffGuy13

Are tracks the new swimming pool? It looks like they're everywhere : ). Pretty sweet looking btw.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Bigbangtheory

Awesome! Beautiful looking area to boot! I wish I lived over that way at times.........is 25 degrees and snowing out right now.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:22 PM
So Cal

Thanks guys! I put quite a bit of work into it. And its almost done. And to be honest, i would almost rather have a track than a pool. But i am lucky enough to have both lol.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:29 PM
gixxernoob

nice track and truck! btw I was deciding between traxxas slash and hpi blitz but I think I would get the blitz instead always like HPI's...
Old 12-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Bigbangtheory

I don't think you could go wrong with either truck honestly.

Blitz they say handles a little better and the Slash is more durable....either way, you should be happy.

I hope to own both one day, like Socal.

Also rub it in about the track and..........pool!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:42 PM
So Cal

Like bigbangtheory said, both trucks are great. I really like them both. And once again the blitz just handles a bit better than the slash, but with some tuning and toying around i would bet that they could both be set up equally. I have raced a stock slash on my track and we are pretty even, he is a little better driver, but my car is faster.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:13 PM
monsterbrad

that track is awesome
where are you located at?
looks like nice weather there
the blitz compared to the slash out of the box is hands down better truck blitz will kill the slash
Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Bigbangtheory

I don't know about kill, lol!

I hope not anyway, or I will really be kicking myself.......being how I just got a slash.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
So Cal

monsterbrad - Thanks, I am in riverside California. And im not so sure about kill but it is a noticeable difference in handling.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Bigbangtheory

I am sure there has to be some way to modify the Slash for better handling. I may one day look into it.

When I first got it, was only doing pavement driving and flipped it a dozen or so times, lol!

Then lowered the suspension and handled a ton better on pavement. I have yet to try off-roading yet, but no matter as it is fun irreguardless.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:02 PM
So Cal

With some tinkering, you can get the slash to handle great. But to get it handling perfect you'll have to get a low CG chassis for it. Then it will handle just as well, if not better than the blitz. But then it just goes back to driver skill and set up. If you don't have your car setup good and are a good driver driving a slash you could beat a bad driver driving a blitz that doesn't have the suspension set up good.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Bigbangtheory

ORIGINAL: So Cal

With some tinkering, you can get the slash to handle great. But to get it handling perfect you'll have to get a low CG chassis for it. Then it will handle just as well, if not better than the blitz. But then it just goes back to driver skill and set up. If you don't have your car setup good and are a good driver driving a slash you could beat a bad driver driving a blitz that doesn't have the suspension set up good.
Sounds like an idea, but probably gonna stick with spec/stock racing this year with it as I have a nice race track outdoor/indoor 5 minutes away from me and not sure how much they will allow. Going to peep the course this weekend and ask some questions.

I also don't want to dump a ton of money into this right now as I want to get a Tamiya Kit vehicle to build from the ground up this Summer. So saving money for that now.

So will just try to learn to drive it as best as I can and tinker with it.

Thanks for the post mang!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:11 PM
So Cal

No problem. Just get used to the car and get the suspension dialed in and your set! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 12-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Bigbangtheory

Word, don't want to go out racing right way. I may cause many RC/Deaths that day, lol!

Old 12-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Budman68
My Feedback: (4)

Received ours today. Lucked out and they shipped me the black body. It looks mean.  Is it just me or is the nastiest smelling packing you every received in a shipment. I had to put the truck out in the garage to let it air out.

Ran it in the driveway with a little 1800 battery and she gets up and goes.  It easy to slid the back around and stay in control.  Braking is better than excellent.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Bigbangtheory

Cool mang, enjoy! Wierd that it would stink like that. My slash package had no smell whatsoever....
Old 12-17-2009, 03:19 PM
So Cal

Yep, i know that smell. I personally like it though.....
Old 12-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Budman68
My Feedback: (4)

Your a sick man.  It was worse than the Harbor Freight tool smell.  Anyway love the truck.  I'm waiting for a second hand slash to be shipped and we are going to take them to the local indoor track for comparison.  I'm curious to see how bad this steering servo is that everyone is complaining about. It it really that slow and weak?  
Old 12-18-2009, 03:43 AM
SoerenJensen

Hi All...

I have the Blitz, and the steering is the biggest issue with the truck, it have a lot of play, my servo is ok for bashing.

I have upgraded with 6x3x2.5mm ball bearings in the servo saver and it helped, but it's still relatively loose in the steering, so i'm a bit disapointed.

My good old Slash(sold now!!) was very well build if you compare it with the Blitz(a little flimsy), but i like the way it handles and i'm going to keep it, and try to upgrade it further!

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine truck, and i drives really well.

Kind regards.

Soeren
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86320.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1336880  
Old 12-18-2009, 01:29 PM
So Cal

Wow. I guess i got the best truck out of the batch. Cause my steering seems perfectly fine. I havent had any problems with it and i ram it into things with the tire. Which when it happens i always hope i didnt break any of the steering components or make them have play. But its still tight and steers great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.