Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

@THE OFFICIAL LOSI STRIKE THREAD @

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:51 PM
tabrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: @THE OFFICIAL LOSI STRIKE THREAD @

Im tryin to put on my 16 tooth but i cant get it to reach the spur anyone ever had this problem?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:04 PM
kahnen

I've heard that. What motor you using?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 PM
kahnen

I don't think you can use a 16t pinion. I thought I was but I counted the teeth on mine to double check and it is an 18t one. Damn 18 and 16 stamps look alike when its that size Or I might be getting old.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:21 AM
HRCules77
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: HRCules77

As the grease has been wearing in, I've been having to make some adjustments to the ball diff and slipper and didn't have it quite set well at the time of the video. So if you listen closely, you may hear a couple sounds that would indicate excessive slipping of the slipper plates as well as the diff. It was hard to get up to speed to make the jumps but we still had fun.
Coincidentally, I had my Strike in the back of my truck on a recent trip to Chico and I think the heat from being in full sun (and over 100 degrees) all afternoon actually melted the excessive grease out of my ball diff as it seems to be slipping much less. I was concerned that I would have to take it apart again and remove the excess grease.....but not anymore. This makes me happy.

Also, I have some Gamma Alpha tires coming (med. compound) that I plan to try out on the Strike. I'll post later how they work out.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:18 PM
kahnen

Well, that's convenient huh? Getting into that tranny is a chore.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:53 PM
HRCules77

Oh yeah, a chore and then some; especially when you're using Allen keys. Since my toolbox disappeared I haven't purchased any hex drivers. I've been looking around but haven't found a set I wanted that didn't come with several other drivers that I would never use. It's like buying RTR with worthless electronics when all you want is the chassis. I really don't like paying for stuff I don't want, but like most R/C'ers now, have joined the herd a time or two for a car I really liked. I hope I don't have to do that with the tools I need, too. I should buy some drivers soon though, since I literally blistered my finger last time wrenching on my Strike with the keys.....not to mention its a pain to try to reach some of those hidden screws. [:@]
Old 08-07-2010, 07:48 PM
HRCules77

At this point, I'm really not happy with the ball diff so, when I get around to it, I'm going to pull it out and put the gear diff back in. Maybe I screwed it up by not having it set right from the beginning I don't know, but now even fully tightened it slips constantly. Out it goes.

I did get the Alpha "Gamma" tires today and installed them after checking them for balance. The red dots are where the tires are heavy. Their balance is good enough for me though, and won't require me to add any stick-ems to them: I'm satisfied with them as is. The Gamma tread looks great and favorable to multiple terrain surfaces including sand/loam. It should be noted that the Gamma tread is directional.

I also tried to go for a run with my new shoes but I think my ESC is fried. I'm actually happy about this since this is the moment I've been waiting for: an excuse to go brushless. [sm=devious.gif]

Here's a few pics of the tires:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50838.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1479712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15517.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1479713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb73837.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1479714  
Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 PM
kahnen

I've always had problems setting up ball diffs. I switched my xxx-t's ball diff for the desert truck's gear diff because I kept killing the ball diff in it.

I've been playing around with springs to help reduce body roll. I like this set up.
Blue springs on front
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodId=LOSA5160

Orange springs on the rear
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA5154
Old 09-26-2010, 11:57 AM
rahzip

The lack of aftermarket hop-up parts for the Strike is frustrating!![:@]
Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 PM
milligan

Anyone ever try high roller wheels&tires on there strike basher?I bet it would look awsome
Old 10-14-2010, 03:34 PM
tornbb

i have been thinking about getting the strike for a sct. it looks good to me.i like some of the features on it. i know about the dogbone issues. other then that nothing really. what exactly needs to be upgraded for it to stand up to brushless power.i dont mind something that needs some modding, i just am not looking for something that requires me to replace the same part every ten runs or what not to keep it going. also after the upgrades how well would it hold up. i know this depends on the driver, but in general. what im trying to get to is. would it be worth it after the upgrades or would i be better off spending a bit more cash on a different sct. thanks for any or all replies.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:06 AM
rahzip

tornbb. The diff. is the main problem I have been dealing with. I have the typical outdrive and dog bones issues. I switched to the ball diff. and had even more problems. So far I would say the ball diff. was a waste of time and money..
Old 10-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Dark asylumn

i had problems with my diff so I went with a hardened spool gear and no more problems. I run a ez run 8.5t motor. oh and you should buy al. wheel hex's I went through 5 sets before I bought the al's. my friend runs a 10t ezrun brushless in his and has not hurt his stock diff or his wheel hex's. cvd's are a must but even with a 8.5t I snap them like candy.  so to sum it up go with a 9 or 10t brushless or equivalent  any more thing snap
Old 10-07-2011, 06:56 AM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

picking up a STRIKE on monday RTR for $100.
well it was sold on sat[] but thats ok
Old 02-10-2022, 06:38 PM
Odin44

I know I'm a bit late to this. But I have a strike that needs a body. Will a body from a 22 sct or a ten-scte or a tenacity work?
Old 10-13-2022, 01:15 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Odin44
I know I'm a bit late to this. But I have a strike that needs a body. Will a body from a 22 sct or a ten-scte or a tenacity work?
You can use any body for any sct.

As long as you drill the body mount holes in the right spot for your strike then you will be sorted.

Check out proline rc for body’s, they do some nice ones, but also a factory body for one of the Losi 22s scts will work, bonus for these is they come pre printed with a paint scheme.