Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brushless Gearing Guide

Just thought I would through this out here.

www.comeseethis.com

There are a lot of sites out there that will give you a gearing chart so you can will know what final drive ratio a particular pinion and spur gear will get you, but how do you know what is the best FDR for your particular application? This site wille help you figure that out. Pick your car and motor and it will tell you what the motor manufacturer recommends for a FDR, and what pinion and spur gear you can use to get it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Brushless Gearing Guide

I don't get it...I run 16/86, guess I'm 1500% off from ideal? I couldn't even find a combo to make it good...

and darn it, my hand is sore from all the pinion clicking, can't I just enter a darn number?!
    OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, stock sprint 2 drift, Savage Flux (4S), slash (just a roller for now)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, cool site
    Let's go Pens!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The reason you are getting that is because the data is not 100% complete. The results are based on a specific motor and vehicle type combination. If the motor manufacturer does not have a FDR for a particular motor/vehicle type, the site will not work. In your case, Castle Creations does not (or at least I have not found) a suggested gearing for a CORR truck and their 4600kv motor.

Craig