Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Perfect brushed motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 12:21 AM
FairTax4me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Perfect brushed motor

The only part that matters for heat really is the heat sinks. You have to keep the tops of the transistors where the heat sinks make contact clean by putting tape on them or a little petroleum jelly before dunking it. Or just be careful and don't get any on those parts.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:26 PM
vpower

ORIGINAL: qoisdhc oqina

ORIGINAL: vpower

ORIGINAL: srt10

Rude????
find another thread to jack
me?? your the one who is[&:]

holy crap what are you 4?shut up!quit postin bs on this guys thread whos tryin to get help for his kids.go to youtube and do that crap.syco and srt, thanks for tryin to help.vpowr and red quit bsin.if your not gonna help him or commit to this thread leave.to get back on topic, i replaced the burnt out titan in my rustler(old one with the yellow xl5 ) with an orion sv somethin 17 turn, which only recently burned out, yesterday actually.[:@] id try the titans you get, and if those go again, id say go with the orions or maybe a trinity or something, speedgem 10t is what im gonna throw in my rustler next week [8D] the orion lasted me over a year of royally mackin that thing around.if my truck could talk and had feelings, itd be madder than a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin chairs
all i can read from this bs you wrote is blah blah blah and what i understand from that is you h8 kids[:@]
Old 01-23-2010, 10:29 PM
vpower

i did find one brushed motor that looked interesting but im not sure if its worth it[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYNJ7&P=7]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYNJ7&P=7[/link]
Old 01-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Willystylz

That's a crawler motor...
Old 01-23-2010, 11:31 PM
FairTax4me

i did find one brushed motor that looked interesting but im not sure if its worth it[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYNJ7&P=7]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYNJ7&P=7[/link]
Looks can be deceiving bud.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Blazing_angel_

ORIGINAL: FairTax4me

There are Waterproof BL systems out there, and you can make any ESC waterproof by dunking it in plastidip or liquid tape, but that voids the warranty. So either you spend a ton of money of an already waterproofed system, or spend half the cost on two BL systems that might not last a month, and will be too fast for the kids driving them. Not to mention, the XL5 does NOT have the hardened steel gears necessary for brushless power in the stampede. Yes people can and do run BL setups in other Pedes without steel gears. But these are kids, they don't have the same judgement of throttle control as an older more experienced RCer will have. They're going to be rough on the trucks, and plastic gears probably won't last a day under heavy BL abuse.

Ken I'm gonna have to pick up a few motors off that list. Thanks for posting the link!
im sorry to correct you, but midway through 2009, xl-5s started to come with metal trannys. how do I know this? i bought a new pede. even the box says hardened seel gears (or something like that) and shows the tranny with metal gears inside.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:39 AM
FairTax4me

ORIGINAL: Blazing_angel_

ORIGINAL: FairTax4me

There are Waterproof BL systems out there, and you can make any ESC waterproof by dunking it in plastidip or liquid tape, but that voids the warranty. So either you spend a ton of money of an already waterproofed system, or spend half the cost on two BL systems that might not last a month, and will be too fast for the kids driving them. Not to mention, the XL5 does NOT have the hardened steel gears necessary for brushless power in the stampede. Yes people can and do run BL setups in other Pedes without steel gears. But these are kids, they don't have the same judgement of throttle control as an older more experienced RCer will have. They're going to be rough on the trucks, and plastic gears probably won't last a day under heavy BL abuse.

Ken I'm gonna have to pick up a few motors off that list. Thanks for posting the link!
im sorry to correct you, but midway through 2009, xl-5s started to come with metal trannys. how do I know this? i bought a new pede. even the box says hardened seel gears (or something like that) and shows the tranny with metal gears inside.
Don't be sorry. If you see something you know not to be true tell it like it is. It's now your fault if you know more than the other guy. And you are correct that was one of the changes made when they went "waterproof".
Old 01-24-2010, 02:24 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: srt10

Rude????
find another thread to jack
me?? your the one who is[&:]

holy crap what are you 4?shut up!quit postin bs on this guys thread whos tryin to get help for his kids.go to youtube and do that crap.syco and srt, thanks for tryin to help.vpowr and red quit bsin.if your not gonna help him or commit to this thread leave.to get back on topic, i replaced the burnt out titan in my rustler(old one with the yellow xl5 ) with an orion sv somethin 17 turn, which only recently burned out, yesterday actually.[:@] id try the titans you get, and if those go again, id say go with the orions or maybe a trinity or something, speedgem 10t is what im gonna throw in my rustler next week [8D] the orion lasted me over a year of royally mackin that thing around.if my truck could talk and had feelings, itd be madder than a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin chairs
all i can read from this bs you wrote is blah blah blah and what i understand from that is you h8 kids[:@]

tell me where it says i hate kids.i do but tell me where it says that and how is it bs for tryin to help?you must be 6 because someone mature doesnt bring bs out of a legit post and go blah blah blah and than bs some more.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:00 PM
vpower

wow you must need help bud i didnt say i read that i siad thats what i understood and i guess i was right(btw im not 6 im younger(not really)....lol)
Old 01-24-2010, 08:15 PM
qoisdhc oqina

i dont need help BRO i got all the zanex i need thank you!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
gwcrim

Play pretty now girls!!!!!!!!!!

Now that Ihave two new Titans coming from Traxxas, I'm giving serious consideration to selling them and going brushless.

We don't race. We use Nimh batteries. Sometimes we run through big puddles. Sometimes we putt-putt around the basement. Will a brushless system take our abuse?

Novak Havoc Sport seems to get high marks. Idon't need ultimate fast. Just reliable and cheap.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:34 PM
qoisdhc oqina

i new someone was gonna say that lmao if you can afford it def go bl.more efficient quicker blah blah blah but its just better, theres always room to jump the speed up 10 or 20 mph if you need lol hard to do with brushed.bl will be fine for what you do, ive been waitin to get enough to for it in my rustler, racers (like me ) will def want bl, and bashers (like me lol) still want bl just because of all the benefits and just to say "hey...i got a bl in my pede and it does 65 " lol yeah if you can go for it is all im sayin.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:11 PM
gwcrim

I'm one of those guys that usually believes that you get what you pay for. That being said, is this thing any good:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10438
Old 01-24-2010, 10:48 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I think I would go with this ESC and pick out a motor and the programming card with it. You can probably get it for only $5 or 10 more, and it will handle a lot. I have heard it is pretty underrated. Im very tempted to buy something like this for my stampede. Im just not sure what would be a good motor, but its hard to resist at the price. The worst part is I have heard shipping is $20 if you want it with any speed. Not sure how much shipping is if you do standard(slow) shipping which i heard takes about a month.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7188
Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got that ESC with a 8.5t motor and programing card for $100 off a place in the US
Good esc easy to set up
Motor tons of torque (Enough to snap the rear off a tub chassis and break the chassis's motor mount screws)
Old 01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
vpower

i dont need help BRO i got all the zanex i need thank you!
.................................................. .i stand corrected[]
Old 01-26-2010, 05:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Got the Firebolt 15t damn nice motor for the money ($15 shipped). Ran it today (got last night decided to try the water breakin method)in my DF-02, and was impressed by its performance. The motor didn't even get warm only wish the DF-02 could accept a pinion over 19tooth to try.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:24 PM
vpower

how do you do the water breakin ive never even heard of it[sm=confused.gif]
Old 01-26-2010, 10:27 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

http://e-savage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11 found it posted in another thread and the theory sounded interesting and figured I would try it some day
Old 01-26-2010, 11:22 PM
vpower

i hope that useful advice for the sons of gwcrim and not only that i think im going to try that method of break in
Old 01-26-2010, 11:45 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

only one thing it is MESSY lol
the fan in the motor acted like a water pump and shot the water out of the cup all over my desk. Probably would work way better on something like the venom modified motors that don't have that internal fan in the rear.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:53 PM
vpower

thanx[8D]
Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Got the Firebolt 15t damn nice motor for the money ($15 shipped). Ran it today (got last night decided to try the water breakin method)in my DF-02, and was impressed by its performance. The motor didn't even get warm only wish the DF-02 could accept a pinion over 19tooth to try.
Glad you like it. My FIL's firbolt in his HPI Blitz doesent even begin to get warm either even after 40 minutes of straight running, only stopping to swap batteries once, and the power is very respectable. If my Reedy motor takes a dump again, I think ill buy one myself, and I kind of wish i had bought one to begin with. lol

Eric
Old 01-27-2010, 02:32 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Glad you like it. My FIL's firbolt in his HPI Blitz doesent even begin to get warm either even after 40 minutes of straight running, only stopping to swap batteries once, and the power is very respectable. If my Reedy motor takes a dump again, I think ill buy one myself, and I kind of wish i had bought one to begin with. lol

Eric
Those Blitz motors sound like a good deal for only 15bucks!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

I think it was it even came with a 18t pinion and the screws to mount it
someone on ebay was parting out blitz's and had a pile of new motors up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.