Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HPI Vorza opinions:

I am really considering buying the HPI Vorza I would like some input on any issues or durability problems. I already did a search but it does not seen to be many Vorza owners on this forum. Your input would be great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HPI Vorza opinions:

man as much as I love HPI trucks it seems that their buggy parts support blows though. I just looked on ebay for vorza parts and found under 1 page. The buggy looks nice but honestly after having experience with their 1/10th scales I cannot recommend a HPI buggy

I would personally recommend looking at a different buggy for the cash that has parts support. It would suck to be stuck with something that you couldn't repair after a part breaks.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the vorza is VERY new and it doesn't surprise me that the parts support is limited

and since when is ebay a vaid parts dealer???

the lug
    Savage Flux 2350 Evader ST Pro EXT \'\'Detta ST E Choas, HPI E Firestrom Novus CP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry I usually use ebay to gauge the parts support seeing I usually have better luck finding parts there than most hobby shop sites.

OK Tower http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=HPID34**&P=Z
    only thing they carry are the generic parts like screws, and most the parts are not even in stock.
    Would have check amain but their sites down as of writing this.
    Like I said it looks like a VERY nice setup but with how HPI's parts support is based on their 1/10th buggies I would not recommend it. It would royally suck having a $600 paperweight that you cannot find parts for other than someone on ebay buying one to break down and parts out.

HELL HPI's STORE doesn't even carry a full set of replacement parts, just to show how good parts support is. Good luck finding arms if they break http://www.hpiracing.com/kitparts/103420/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't know much about the Vorza, but anything the least bit racy to come out of HPI is usually a rebranded Hotbodies product. I would hazard a guess at the Lightning range of buggies and the Vorza being similar.

Just checked and it's a converted HB D8. So I would imagine the majority of D8 parts will fit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

sorry I usually use ebay to gauge the parts support seeing I usually have better luck finding parts there than most hobby shop sites.

OK Tower http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=HPID34**&P=Z
    only thing they carry are the generic parts like screws, and most the parts are not even in stock.
    Would have check amain but their sites down as of writing this.
    Like I said it looks like a VERY nice setup but with how HPI's parts support is based on their 1/10th buggies I would not recommend it. It would royally suck having a $600 paperweight that you cannot find parts for other than someone on ebay buying one to break down and parts out.

HELL HPI's STORE doesn't even carry a full set of replacement parts, just to show how good parts support is. Good luck finding arms if they break http://www.hpiracing.com/kitparts/103420/

Thank you for the speedy reply. But you are right I did not think about product support. I would think if a company like HPI releases a product it would have a full line of parts readily available to ship when parts break. I also did a parts search and found very little as far as arms, diffs, etc. Does anyone know how the durability is, I really don’t do any bashing but you gotta hit some big jumps at the BMX track sometimes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: samsondave

Thank you for the speedy reply. But you are right I did not think about product support. I would think if a company like HPI releases a product it would have a full line of parts readily available to ship when parts break. I also did a parts search and found very little as far as arms, diffs, etc. Does anyone know how the durability is, I really don’t do any bashing but you gotta hit some big jumps at the BMX track sometimes.

I'll be honest I thought the same thing of HPI till I bought the Brama 10b (I know its crap but for the price it should have been made better seeing it cost the same as a traxxas rustler) which came out about a year ago(got mine around 6 months ago). Parts support is almost non-existent(not like it matters it was made so cheap), and HPI claimed there would be hop-ups which never appeared. Right now my brama is laying in pieces due to how shoddy the plastic they used in it was. The same happened with the Cyber 10b as the Brama came out no support(My LHS never even saw one and they tried ordering them immediately). The Vorza came out 4 months ago its actually sickening that there are no replacement parts available. Durability don't matter at that point because something is eventually going to break in half and when it does you get a nice $600 paperweight. I'll be honest I own 5 older HPI vehicles and used to recommend HPI stuff to people till I got some of their newer stuff which dropped their reputation with me drastically.

If your really in the market for a BL buggy I'd look at a nitro Jammin X1 or Hyper 7 roller, and see if there are BL conversion kits available. It will probably be more durable, and way easier to locate parts for than the vorza and come out to around the same in the end.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I guess no one has read anything about this new buggy. First of all it was just released by HPI, most who pre-ordered didn't even get theirs till just before Christmas. So yes, parts will be thin IF you are waiting for HPI, or even Tower to list them. BUT parts are plentiful! How do I know this? Well, its based off of the Hotbodies D8, and Ve8 which have been out a bit longer. The drive train, chassis, shocks, ect are the exact same as HB according a review I just read on the Vorza. I'm also thinking of pulling the trigger on one since I own a HPI Blitz, Savage 4.6, and Baja 5b. I beat these cars on a regular basis and they hold up very well. HPI uses some of the best nylon composit plastics out there and if they do see a problem with A-arms or parts breaking prematurely, they often will have revisions with extra webbing or support added. Also I've never had to call, but from what I understand HPI customer service is as good as it gets.
    *TA05-IFS* E-Revo* RC10T4* F103RM* Hpi Baja 5B* Blitz* Slash 4x4* Savage 4.6*

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

+1 hobbimaster, HB Ve8 parts and D8 parts aren't too hard to come by but it's still not anywhere near what it should be for a car released by a company like HPI. The parts are real expensive too. I want a second center differential assembly filled with 100,000 wt oil for speed runs so I only have to take off four screws to go from track car to drag car but they want around $50!, It's been 3 weeks and I haven't broken anything on my vorza. It's built real tough and is awesome on my track. I get 28-30 minutes of runtime out of my 5200mah 2x2s packs too, time for 3x3s though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For a better indicator of parts support than ebay, look at the vendors who sell the car.

ebay doesn't have much until a model is well established.

For HPI, I try amainhobbies first and towerhobbies second. If I can't find parts there, contact HPI, and they'll hook you up.

SyCo - Did you try contacting HPI when you were having problems getting parts? What did they say?

Did you look for the parts on their website?

I had a screw loosen and fall out of the steering linkage of my E-Savage. I was disappointed at this, so I contacted them and told them so. It had only been run a few times by then. I told them they should loc-tite this part.

I found the screw on my carpet a few days later. It did have loc-tite on it, but only on the threads that didn't engage anything; not at the tip where it was needed.

HPI sent me a bag of these screws with no questions asked, and at no charge.

If they have to do this enough, because the parts are unavailable for purchase, they will do a better job of stocking them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jeremy Z

For a better indicator of parts support than ebay, look at the vendors who sell the car.

ebay doesn't have much until a model is well established.

For HPI, I try amainhobbies first and towerhobbies second. If I can't find parts there, contact HPI, and they'll hook you up.

SyCo - Did you try contacting HPI when you were having problems getting parts? What did they say?

Did you look for the parts on their website?

I had a screw loosen and fall out of the steering linkage of my E-Savage. I was disappointed at this, so I contacted them and told them so. It had only been run a few times by then. I told them they should loc-tite this part.

I found the screw on my carpet a few days later. It did have loc-tite on it, but only on the threads that didn't engage anything; not at the tip where it was needed.

HPI sent me a bag of these screws with no questions asked, and at no charge.

If they have to do this enough, because the parts are unavailable for purchase, they will do a better job of stocking them.
    Actually I did contact HPI for fun still waiting for a response. On the particular vehicle I'm having issues with they only made plastic bevel gears in the diff and no metal ones were made, which is royally retarded that the only plastic gear in the drive chain is the one that takes the most abuse...

And in the vorzas case I linked to the HPI parts store, where they only had the generic screw kits available which are the same ones Tower has listed (but not in stock). I don't own one and don't plan on getting anymore HPI vehicles till they have been out for well over a year and are proven to be well supported. If I wanted a cheaply designed vehicle, and to beg a manufacturer everytime I needed a part I would have bought a redcat. HPI was an EXTREMELY trusted brand in my eyes till my last RC I bought from them after that they dropped several notches. Don't get me wrong I will still recommend savages and MT2's (damn well designed vehicles with good part support), but thats about it.

As the old saying: A happy customer tells one friend, an unhappy customer tells the world.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow I'm suprised when I had gotten my Savage Flux they were new to the market as well with not much part support out there. I shattered a diff called HPI and within a few days they sent me a replacement for free.
    - It is not just a hobby it is an obsession

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Casper06

Wow I'm suprised when I had gotten my Savage Flux they were new to the market as well with not much part support out there. I shattered a diff called HPI and within a few days they sent me a replacement for free.
    Not saying anything bad about their customer support. I actually found it quite excellent when I had a question about roto-starts and part numbers, I've also heard of them sending replacement ESC's & other parts out when one fails prematurely with no questions. I was just saying on some of their models that seem to not be that popular parts support is very poor, and I found it pretty sad that the manufacturer don't even stock them after the model has been out for only a year(Strictly talking about their 1/10th scale buggies here). But this thread is about opinions and my opinion is not to buy one till you see that the parts will be easy to get.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just looked at that Brama 10b that you don't like and it does look like something that redcat would make, even down to the motor and esc.

I don't understand with the vorza why HPI can't just send a parts list out to dealers from other vehicles that will fit the vorza so when I search for Vorza parts, something actually comes up. The center diff is the same as the D8 also, picked one up for $15 shipped instead of the $50 hpi wanted for the "vorza" one. The 46t and 44t center gear from the HB lightning truck also fits the vorza.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To OP though, the vorza drivetrain is from the savage and very heavy duty, it will handle mostly everything and the V3 motor and esc seem to be good now from castle. The chassis has been through a lot of R&D and should be fine also so there is no problems with the vorza.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: c6z06

I just looked at that Brama 10b that you don't like and it does look like something that redcat would make, even down to the motor and esc.

I don't understand with the vorza why HPI can't just send a parts list out to dealers from other vehicles that will fit the vorza so when I search for Vorza parts, something actually comes up. The center diff is the same as the D8 also, picked one up for $15 shipped instead of the $50 hpi wanted for the ''vorza'' one. The 46t and 44t center gear from the HB lightning truck also fits the vorza.
    Not that I didn't like it, I said it was a excellently designed entry level buggy, just shoddy materials and stupid choices were made in the material selection. Stupid as in the arms, and radio tray are made out of high quality nylon, where the chassis, arm mounting hub, and drivetrain are made from super cheap plastic(think cheap chinese knockoff quality). Other thing HPI irks me with is that most of their parts won't fit other models like the arms for the cyber 10 will only fit the cyber 10, brama arms will only fit the brama, and MT arms will only fit the MT line. Unlike Traxxas (this is where I give traxxas ALOT of credit, was actually at the LHS talking about this today) most of their parts will fit any model, don't like your pedes arms fling on a rustlers arms or a slash's.

If you get it buy the HB D8 parts seeing there lower cost and the same thing just in a differently named baggie.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea, I can't see local hobby stores being able to keep up with HPI's parts. Traxxas keeps the same design out for a pretty long time like with the rustler, revo, emaxx/t-maxx so parts are extremely easy to come by.

Also if anybody is interested I got this email from HPI,

Thank you for taking the time to write into HPI's Customer Service Department. The stock diff oils in the Vorza are 5000 in the f and R and 100,000 in the center. We went with super thick diff oil so it would wheelie and not diff out at high speed. If you are looking for a good track set up go with 5000 up front, 3000 in the center and 1000 out back

I am surprised they went with 100k oil but I guess they think most customers aren't going to race on a track. I just ordered some 10,000 to replace it and 3000 for the rear.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: c6z06

Yea, I can't see local hobby stores being able to keep up with HPI's parts. Traxxas keeps the same design out for a pretty long time like with the rustler, revo, emaxx/t-maxx so parts are extremely easy to come by.

Also if anybody is interested I got this email from HPI,

Thank you for taking the time to write into HPI's Customer Service Department. The stock diff oils in the Vorza are 5000 in the f and R and 100,000 in the center. We went with super thick diff oil so it would wheelie and not diff out at high speed. If you are looking for a good track set up go with 5000 up front, 3000 in the center and 1000 out back

I am surprised they went with 100k oil but I guess they think most customers aren't going to race on a track. I just ordered some 10,000 to replace it and 3000 for the rear.
    Seems like my LHS gave up with HPI outside the savage. They have not been getting ANY parts from HPI recently I go through the HPI drawers every time I go there and there getting smaller and smaller every time. The manager said they were kinda pissed with HPI once because they have been trying to get a Vorza, and Cyber 10 to try out(the employees have to test EVERY RC product they carry) in the shop and gave up seeing none never came in they instead got 8 Bramas which are gathering dust.

Your e-mail beats the e-mail I got about the Brama
    "We do not offer a hop up version of the gear you mentioned at this time. As you may know, the Brama 10b is a very entry-level vehicle and is not intended to have the most heavy-duty parts." I guess a Metal bevel gear which are hooked straight upto the drive shaft is considered heavy duty now...
    this was the reply for asking if there was any combination of parts to make a metal bevel gear fit or if there was a similar bevel gear on any other HPI model. So pretty much they admit they skimped on part quality. My $100 Tamiya is way higher quality than the Brama that costs $160 it should be sold for $80 with how crappy its parts are. It shouldn't be in the price range of pede and rustlers which can take abuse.
    Ohh well I gave up on that piece of crap and working on my new hybrid buggy. Luckily tamiya arms fit on HPI MT1 hubs seeing no other HPI parts will...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Brama was a piece of poo based on an E-10 on road chassis with longer arms and shocks. Should never have seen the light of day IMO. Very similar to what Tamiya have a habit of doing.

The E-10 WAS a cheap knock off that HPI resold under the HPI brand. So most parts from other HPI vehicles won't fit as it has nothing to do with HPI. Also explains the shoddy materials, arms and radio box will have been modified for offroad by HPI themselves hence the superior nylon of those parts. The rest will still be the crappy chinese plastic though.

HPI are a quality company, what they churn out themselves is always high quality. Look at an E-10 at the side of a cup racer, there is no comparison.

The Vorza should have the same drivetrain as the D8, if it has the Savage drivetrain then it may be liable to failure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

a couple guys at the track have vorza's, they are steadily puttin new parts on em ... they just dont seem to hold up that great. and from the looks of things they really aren't competetive .. and to fragile for a good basher.
    RC8B-e FT, RC8TeFTC.E.,B-44FT, RC10T4FT, SC10FT
    AE |Tekin | Thunderpower | AKA | Lundsford

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/d8/

It's based off the world champ D8, it's pretty competitive and I've not broken one part yet. The a-arms look rediculously strong, what do you think breaks easily?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i didn't say i think they break easy, i said the guys at the track are always breakin parts on em .... front arms,front gear case buy one and mebe ya won't break anything ... im sure hpi can use ur cash

and the Ve8 is hot bodies and based directly off the d8 ... next to each other Ve8 and Vorza .. the vorza comes off as a toy
    RC8B-e FT, RC8TeFTC.E.,B-44FT, RC10T4FT, SC10FT
    AE |Tekin | Thunderpower | AKA | Lundsford

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

too bad the ve8 has a plastic chassis thats breaks all the time.
    BARREL ROLL\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'S ARE INEVITABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    signed C.C.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

the vorza is VERY new and it doesn't surprise me that the parts support is limited

and since when is ebay a vaid parts dealer???

the lug
    ebay is the new LHS for many of us. More times than not, what I need is "in stock" and gets to my house in a couple of days...without having to pay that nagging sales tax. Sorry Tower. Seriously, ebay is my go-to source for stuff and there are some quality "stores" on there.
    Once you go BL and lipo, you will forget about nitro.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

a couple guys at the track have vorza's, they are steadily puttin new parts on em ... they just dont seem to hold up that great. and from the looks of things they really aren't competetive .. and to fragile for a good basher.
    I never understood HPI getting into buggies myself, but hey, if HB can pump out a championship caliber ride, why can't HPI? Because they don't want to take "business" away from HB. Kinda like VW not stepping on Audi's toes and so on, so forth.
    Once you go BL and lipo, you will forget about nitro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast