Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Can I use a VXL 3s ESC with CC-01 motor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 07:15 PM
prestonlal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I use a VXL 3s ESC with CC-01 motor?

Hey Guys,
I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction? I am going to pick up a Tamiya CC01 hopefully next week, and i was wondering whether the VXL 3s ESC will work with the Tamiya motor that comes with that truck?
The reason i'm asking is, at the moment i have only 3s lipos and according to the specs on the ESC that comes with the truck, the input voltage is 7.2v.
i have a couple of VXL3s ESCs that i used for my nitro to electric conversions.
The VXL will be receiving a minimum of 11.1v from the 3s lipo, so will it put too much voltage/current to the Tamiya motor? or will it dole it as the motor requires?

Thanks for any info that anyone can provide.

Pres.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:35 AM
gelbschnee

Default RE: Can I use a VXL 3s ESC with CC-01 motor?

I dont own any of that stuff, but I will suggest you not use 3s lipo on that motor. You could easily fry it!!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:01 PM
FairTax4me

11.1V will cook that motor in a heartbeat. A cheap 3000 mah nimh stick pack will work just fine for it. Or pick up some 2s lipos for it. Either way. Heck I'd probably put a BL motor in the thing and run that on 3s. You might have bigger fish to fry than a cooked motor after that though.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:10 PM
prestonlal

Hey thanks for the advice.
I just had a look on tower's site, any idea how much runtime i will get with these?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXUP0&P=ML

Pres
Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
FairTax4me

Duratrax packs tend to do pretty well on run time. Id say you could get 25 minutes of solid running out of that one.
You can probably get 30+ out of one of these for $5 more. http://www.promatchracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=42006
I get a solid 20 minutes of running out of that same pack in my VXL powered Rustler. I actually did a review on it back when I bought it. Excellent pack for the money. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88...tm.htm#8892285