Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Difference in Slash tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Chris_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in Slash tires

What is the difference between the [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/24953/n/Traxxas-Slash-Short-Course-1-10th-Off-Road-Race-Truck-w-Battery-Wall-Charger]old Slash[/link] and the [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/160587/n/Traxxas-Slash-Short-Course-1-10th-Off-Road-Race-Truck-w-Traxxas-Link-24GHz-Battery-Charger]new Slash[/link]? Mainly looking for the diference between how the tires grip.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:55 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Difference in Slash tires

The new tires look a lot better but from what I can tell that's about it.

I ONLY have a couple of runs on a set that came off a 4WD. I ran them on my 2WD at an indoor track here and they do seem to have just slightly better straight line grip but less grip in the corners. It might have just been that track on that day but the truck seemed to be tail happy going onto the turns and push much more coming out with the newer tires. I'm sure this is something that can be tuned for but when run on the same truck with no changes they seemed to have less side grip.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
jsmrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Difference in Slash tires

which is totally believable. because the full scale version of the bfg's is sittiing under one of my trucks right now. i do a ton of offroad driving and can tell ya that bfg lug pattern is not the best for side bite. i wasnt sure how true it would be on a smaller scale though. that being said ill be running the bfg's on my slash soon.