Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

What to clean Slash 2wd motor with.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Doxiedad
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to clean Slash 2wd motor with.

The Titan 12T in my slash is my first brushed electric motor and I was wanting to know what I could use to clean it to keep it running good. I've seen some specialty sprays but shipping costs are prohibitive. Would regular contact cleaner work? I think I saw someone at the track using Brake cleaner on his.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:59 PM
andybenton

Default RE: What to clean Slash 2wd motor with.

brake parts cleaner works fine. just let it dry all the way before running it, after using brake cleaner oil the two bearings in the motor very lightly, (front and rear bearings)

if you don't let your motor dry the sparks from the brushes could ignite the cleaner, so i recommend cleaning and oiling after your done running for the day that way it has all night sit and dry out.

and you only really have to do it every couple runs. or if you notice its excessively dirty
Old 03-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Doxiedad
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: What to clean Slash 2wd motor with.

Would marvel mystery oil be fine or is there something better? I've been told Dan's banana oil is good, but if I can use stuff I get locally so much the better.