Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Any updates on the HPI Bullet Flux?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:19 AM
positron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any updates on the HPI Bullet Flux?

magazine advert for good measure

Old 08-01-2010, 11:43 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: positron

[img][/img]
Where did you find the ad?
Old 08-01-2010, 12:18 PM
FireFrenzy

Okay i read about someone who bought one, its a rebranded 9t ezrun setup so 35amp esc. it works, it works semi well but the engine gets smoking hot... Which i could have told them before they started since i used to use that same engine in a slash and it was strugglign to turn 2 wheels and got smoking hot, so let alone 4 wheels on somethign which i wager weighs more then my "ultimate class" backslash (ie i´m running out of places to do meaningfull upgrades)
Old 08-01-2010, 02:02 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: FireFrenzy
but the engine gets smoking hot...
Thats why they make different pinion gears.You know they make smaller sizes for a reason right?

it was strugglign to turn 2 wheels and got smoking hot,
Again.This phrase called "Gearing down" i hear works wonders!
Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: qoisdhc oqina

Thats why they make different pinion gears.You know they make smaller sizes for a reason right?

Again.This phrase called ''Gearing down'' i hear works wonders!
WOW looking at the official page in europe it almost does look like a 35A EZ-run with a smal ass motor
I'm more shocked it came out seeing it was supposed to be out near febuary if I remember right (too bad the US probably won't be getting it anytime soon, seeing we don't have a few models Europe has...)

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...o=101402〈=en

BTW trust me this trucks NOT light so no amount of gearing down will kept it from burning up. in all truth it is heavier than a MT2 seeing its based off the HB lightning 10 line (they were heavier than the MT2) so it should have had a 65-80A esc in it
Old 08-01-2010, 05:52 PM
lcb1978

Surely massive amounts of testing etc goe's on before a company like HPI put these trucks out for sale, otherwise they'll have huge numbers of burnt out Motors/ESCs going back for warranty claims!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Lilredmachine

It's been known for quite a while that this Bullet Flux is being powered by a rebadged EZrun 35a system. It's electronic suicide on HPIs part. The chassis looks great, but they need to do a roller or ss version because I'm not paying 279.99 (pounds, so like 350 bux) for a brushless system that would struggle to push a Blitz around, let alone a 4wd alloy chassied monster truck with huge tires.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:11 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Lilredmachine

It's been known for quite a while that this Bullet Flux is being powered by a rebadged EZrun 35a system. It's electronic suicide on HPIs part. The chassis looks great, but they need to do a roller or ss version because I'm not paying 279.99 (pounds, so like 350 bux) for a brushless system that would struggle to push a Blitz around, let alone a 4wd alloy chassied monster truck with huge tires.
lol Tried a 35A in a stampede and almost toasted it (throwing it in my DF-02) seriously this sucker should have had a 80A
BTW since when would potentially blowing a ESC up sttop HPI look at the savage board and see how many ppl smoked castle ESC's in savage flux's
HPI builds damn durable vehicles usually (the E10/eb10 are pretty terrible) but make lousy choices in powering them for some reason (goes for their nitros too)
Old 08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
sybok4
My Feedback: (4)

I really hope HPI doesn't  use an ez run in the bullet flux.  Now that I look at the esc closely, the esc is NOT a castle.  Please note the red reset button on th esc.   I've owned four different castle esc's (one sidewinder, one mamba max pro, and two mamba monsters) and none of them had red reset button.    The esc in the bullet flux  is a mamba max pro knock off  .    35 amps is just not enough.  The ez run series are very inefficient.

That's really too bad, up until now HPI has been my choice.   It looks like my next vehicle will end up being an Associated.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:21 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: qoisdhc oqina

Again.This phrase called ''Gearing down'' i hear works wonders!
WOW looking at the official page in europe it almost does look like a 35A EZ-run with a smal ass motor
I'm more shocked it came out seeing it was supposed to be out near febuary if I remember right (too bad the US probably won't be getting it anytime soon, seeing we don't have a few models Europe has...)

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...o=101402〈=en

BTW trust me this trucks NOT light so no amount of gearing down will kept it from burning up. in all truth it is heavier than a MT2 seeing its based off the HB lightning 10 line (they were heavier than the MT2) so it should have had a 65-80A esc in it

Ive had a lightning gt10 and that sucker was heavy.More so than my maxx.Cant imagine a 35a in it.[X(]

Stupid ass move on hpis part...
Old 08-03-2010, 04:03 AM
FireFrenzy

dude thats the programming button not a reset...
Old 08-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Lilredmachine

ORIGINAL: sybok4

I really hope HPI doesn't use an ez run in the bullet flux. Now that I look at the esc closely, the esc is NOT a castle. Please note the red reset button on th esc. I've owned four different castle esc's (one sidewinder, one mamba max pro, and two mamba monsters) and none of them had red reset button. The esc in the bullet flux is a mamba max pro knock off . 35 amps is just not enough. The ez run series are very inefficient.

That's really too bad, up until now HPI has been my choice. It looks like my next vehicle will end up being an Associated.
*shakes head*

Refer to my earlier post. It HAS BEEN KNOWN for some time that the ESC is a REBADGED EZRUN 35A and the complete setup is a 35a/9t EZrun. No, it's not a Castle controller, no, it's not a knock off of a Castle controller. It never has been. For someone that has owned 4 Castle controllers, did you actually look at them ever? When was the last time one of them had an exposed fan? Sweet zombie Jesus. Stop spreading misinformation.

EZrun systems are great, and I trust them implicitly. People use the 60a esc in E-revos without it frying, they are very tough setups indeed as they are rated at 100 degrees centigrade rather than 25 like most other ESCs hence the low amp rating (notice he hasn't complained the esc has melted, it's the motor that gets hot)... However, this is a poor choice of brushless setup for this vehicle. Exactly the same thing would happen if they'd used a rebadged Sidewinder setup with the 5700 motor... Doesn't matter who made the system, it's just the wrong system.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:36 AM
positron

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: positron

[img][/img]
Where did you find the ad?
in an Aussie mag called "Racing Lines"

Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

I really hope HPI doesn't use an ez run in the bullet flux. Now that I look at the esc closely, the esc is NOT a castle. Please note the red reset button on th esc. I've owned four different castle esc's (one sidewinder, one mamba max pro, and two mamba monsters) and none of them had red reset button. The esc in the bullet flux is a mamba max pro knock off . 35 amps is just not enough. The ez run series are very inefficient.

That's really too bad, up until now HPI has been my choice. It looks like my next vehicle will end up being an Associated.
*shakes head*

Refer to my earlier post. It HAS BEEN KNOWN for some time that the ESC is a REBADGED EZRUN 35A and the complete setup is a 35a/9t EZrun. No, it's not a Castle controller, no, it's not a knock off of a Castle controller. It never has been. For someone that has owned 4 Castle controllers, did you actually look at them ever? When was the last time one of them had an exposed fan? Sweet zombie Jesus. Stop spreading misinformation.

EZrun systems are great, and I trust them implicitly. People use the 60a esc in E-revos without it frying, they are very tough setups indeed as they are rated at 100 degrees centigrade rather than 25 like most other ESCs hence the low amp rating (notice he hasn't complained the esc has melted, it's the motor that gets hot)... However, this is a poor choice of brushless setup for this vehicle. Exactly the same thing would happen if they'd used a rebadged Sidewinder setup with the 5700 motor... Doesn't matter who made the system, it's just the wrong system.

Agree the ez-runs are great.
Personally I actually like the EZ-runs more than I like my Castle, so that wouldn't change my mind just the ampage and motor choice is questionable. A higher rated EZ-run would probably been a better choice. Still want them to bring it out in the US though...
Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 AM
positron

I have one of those 35a 9T's in my dark impact, it's worked flawlessly (I have a sidewinder also)

does seem like an odd choice for this truck though.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

4300kv motor and man that Bullet ST looks CRAZY! Love the stance! the mt is not bad as well. Still for 100-150 more you get a flux 2350
Old 08-08-2010, 04:25 PM
sybok4
My Feedback: (4)

Please allow me to apologize for not being aware the bullet flux will have a rebadged EZrun bl system in it. I rarely have a chance or the time review the data that is posted in these forums as I work for a living. I do understand that the EZ run systems work and are fast with very reasonable prices. However their efficiency is marginal at best.

When using the best connectors for minimal resistace and spending for good lipos with high voltage and 'C' ratings to increase performance, I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to run a system that produces additional heat because of it's inefficiency. My brushless systems are based on my batteries increasing torque and speed.. not a more heat. The EZ runs are a step beckward. Obviously they are being used by HPI to achieve a certain price point.

You are going to hear more and more complaints about the EZ run systems and the Bullet Flux producing excess heat.

Hopefuly HPI will offer a roller. You can shake your at the above.

Thank you.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Lilredmachine

Please allow me to apologize for not being aware the bullet flux will have a rebadged EZrun bl system in it. I rarely have a chance or the time review the data that is posted in these forums as I work for a living. I do understand that the EZ run systems work and are fast with very reasonable prices. However their efficiency is marginal at best.

When using the best connectors for minimal resistace and spending for good lipos with high voltage and 'C' ratings to increase performance, I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to run a system that produces additional heat because of it's inefficiency. My brushless systems are based on my batteries increasing torque and speed.. not a more heat. The EZ runs are a step beckward. Obviously they are being used by HPI to achieve a certain price point.

You are going to hear more and more complaints about the EZ run systems and the Bullet Flux producing excess heat.

Thank you.
I work full time as a butcher (can be at work any time between 6 in the morning and 9 at night as I work shifts and also 7 days a week. I've recently just come off an 8 day stretch) and am also a qualified mechanic and fishmonger. I also have a few full size vehicles I maintain myself, a historic vehicle and a custom bike and I also play the guitar so practice everyday. I don't live with Mummy. I am also aware of the Castle line up of controllers.

How do I do it? Well, I read every now and then and open my eyes. The EZ and XE run systems are a step forward, accurate amperage ratings, build quality on a par with anything from Castle, program card adjustability on the fly, good power, a large range for suitability and they are NOT inefficient. Indeed the .5t motors are almost certainly better than the Castle equivelant, they are also cheapish (note the new sensored large scale XE systems are only around $20 cheaper than a MMM combo). We've had a long time to start having complaints about EZrun systems, and the only complaints I keep hearing are of Castle, Novak, Tekin etc. ESCs going poof and motors failing/arriving with debris from the factory or with wrecked sensors.

At the end of the day, I have owned many, many brushless controllers/systems everything from MMpros to Monsters to Tekin gear to Quarks to MGMs to Mtroniks etc. and there is a reason I use HW systems almost exclusively now, how many have you used/owned? Or are you just a 'Hell yeah go Castle' fanboy?
Old 08-09-2010, 05:24 PM
marts895

Hi all,

Just a newbie in the brushless world. So I ask each and every one, is buying the the Bullet Flux just a waste of money? I'm here in AU and it's gonna be available this month. So I'm quite excited until I saw this forum about the Bullet.

I'm not thinking of racing my Bullet (if I get one). Just some backyard bashing and fun runs with my mates. Also, I am not thinking of running it with Lipos, just Nimh. I may sound stupid or you may accuse me of being one, but that's how I want to run it with.

Please let me know your thoughts about this.

Cheers!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Lilredmachine

It's not a waste of money at all marts, the GT10 was a great basher, and there is no reason to believe the reworked electric Bullet will be any different. The main fear amongst the folks here is that it is under motored and overgeared from the factory, and really needs the BL system swapping out (maybe selling on E-bay perhaps...) and a slightly more adequate one swapping in. The 10.5t 60a hobbywing system on 3s would have been perfect in this truck.

What they have done here is essentially the equivelant of sticking in a Civic Type-R motor (in itself a fantastic motor) in a Cadillac Escalade. The application does not match the intended purpose.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:41 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

It's not a waste of money at all marts, the GT10 was a great basher, and there is no reason to believe the reworked electric Bullet will be any different. The main fear amongst the folks here is that it is under motored and overgeared from the factory, and really needs the BL system swapping out (maybe selling on E-bay perhaps...) and a slightly more adequate one swapping in. The 10.5t 60a hobbywing system on 3s would have been perfect in this truck.

What they have done here is essentially the equivelant of sticking in a Civic Type-R motor (in itself a fantastic motor) in a Cadillac Escalade. The application does not match the intended purpose.
agree
could probably sell the stock motor and ESC on ebay for around 80% of the cost of a proper rated ESC\motor combo from HobbyWing
Other than that it looks an extremely solid design
Old 08-10-2010, 05:54 AM
positron

Thank you.
Mine runs quite cool, not sure where you getting this excess heat claim from.
the bullet is not a race vehicle, it's for bashing. So no need to waste your money on the worlds best lipo

Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM
marts895

Thanks guys for the info. Now, if I were to get the Bullet and decide to replace it with a 10.5T 60A system, what type of gearing should I be using? Can you please give me some tips on this? Can I still use stock gearing?

In terms of the 10.5T, 60A system, would any brand suffice? I've searched hobbywing with that spec and I can't seem to find it here in AU. I think it's available is US market.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:24 PM
marts895

Hey positron,

Are you using stock gearing and stock system? Are you also using Lipos?

Old 08-10-2010, 10:47 PM
positron

ORIGINAL: marts895

Hey positron,

Are you using stock gearing and stock system? Are you also using Lipos?

Im running that setup in a dark impact 1/10th 4wd buggy, which is a lot lighter than the bullet no doubt, I currently have the 35a ezrun in my 2wd buggy powering a traxxas velineon motor with a 40c burst 5200mh lipo, gearing is close to stock,

as far as getting an ezrun in aus we got the couple we have off ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.