Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bad lipo cell voltages after track?

I drove my vorza yesterday for some 80mph runs, only got around 70-75mph and then today I drove it on the track (went back to 52mph gearing) for 30 minutes on the same charge. Cell voltages after charge were all 4.16-4.20v. After the runs the cells were as follows:

3.54 3.19 3.63

3.64 3.65 3.42

Now I'm fine with all the cells being between 3.42v and 3.63v but that 3.19v worries me. Is this rare or everybody's lipo packs are around there after 35-40 minutes runtime. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Bad lipo cell voltages after track?

ORIGINAL: c6z06
    Is this rare or everybody's lipo packs are around there after 35-40 minutes runtime. Thanks.
    everybody's pack's cell voltages will be at totally different voltages after 35-40 mins of runtime, even if it is the same vehicle.

the 3.19 does seem a little low, maybe stop your runs at 30 mins and make sure you balance charge your packs really well, that middle cell might be just a little weaker than the rest.
    OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, stock sprint 2 drift, Savage Flux (4S), slash (just a roller for now)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is the question do you balance your packs before and after every charge? I have had some of my packs drop as low as 3.05 and 3.10.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you balance them while you charge them. Does your charger have a balance port? If not you have to get a cell balancer that plugs into your balance tap on your battery while you charge.
    -Nick

DF-03MS>< Grasshopper>< CR-01>< Lunchbox

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

cell 2 will always be that way since it is the smallest capacity (as long as it wasn't the lowest at start)

normally never balance before the charge since charging in series will "bring the cells into balance" and therefore balancing discharged cells would be counter-productive.
    and airplanes were in