Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

HElp !!! i outta i dea with my DX3s on my 1/8 truggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:09 PM
vios8820

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HElp !!! i outta i dea with my DX3s on my 1/8 truggy

ok let directly goes to the point !!!

there is 2 car i tested

this happen 2 me..

1st it was on my caster truggy 1/8 F8T .. i just install my NEW hobbywing xerun 150a esc with 2000kv (2x 5000mah lipo 40c) , and 7955TG hitec servo. so i tested with my dx3s everthing setup perfectly ~

so here come the problem when i turn my servo using steering.. left or right if something blocked the wheel the recivier light become dim... and after that no more light so i have to restart the esc.. and the Reciver light back on again.. i try with my SR3300T and SR300 both of it it was the same
(another issue is with my dx3s i give a small tap the thottle.. some times the it will feel like a sound pak.. and both light up . and the esc won't work unless i try give it full thottle..

(note i did try used normal analog radio Traxxas RTR radio it work all perfectly [X(])

2nd so i remove the dx3s to 1/10 drift car... it work flawless perfectly ... (HPI E10 60A 5.5T , stock servo with lipo)

damn does this mean my dx3s don't support high voltage ESC ? So what shall i do ?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:25 PM
FairTax4me

Default RE: HElp !!! i outta i dea with my DX3s on my 1/8 truggy

It sounds like the BEC on the ESC is malfunctioning. You could try running a 6.0v receiver pack, but I think I'd send the ESC back under warranty.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:59 AM
vios8820

owh ~ thanks for the reply .... btw i just install external UBEC everything is settle ... but there is one more problem...then i try i switch off my radio... the car will thottle crazy just like nitro car lost control untill i switch back on my radio...

anyone can carifly this ?

thanks

best regard's
fei
Old 03-28-2010, 10:06 AM
FireFrenzy

you might need to reprogram the ESC to center the throttle properly which might help, and you should always turn the car off before the radio for exactly this sort of problems...