Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Avid R/C Bearings, my experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avid R/C Bearings, my experience

Well I very recently purchased a few bearings from [link=http://avidrc.com/]Avid RC[/link]. I went there because they were cheap ($1/bearing) and had rubber sealed bearings.

Immediately I was pleasantly surprised to see how reasonable there shipping was. I mean, of course it's just for 10 little bearings, but $3.59 shipping (to me) was a delight, and even if I had ordered some more it would have been the same shipping price.

I had placed the order at about midnight on Friday night, and got the conformation emails and such, their checkout system was easy enough, pretty standard.

I got and email early Saturday morning that my order had been shipped already (wow!), and I thought great, my bearing will be here about Friday will all my other stuff.

And then totally unexpected, I get the bearings Monday. Super fast shipping! Even over Easter weekend. Of course in my glee I rip open the package forgetting that they send a free full page decal set with each order, so I might torn that apart a little, but oh well.

The bearings came in a nice little plastic case, and the fit my slash perfectly. They are also super smooth! I can tell there is a little extra drag over my old bearings (new, and rubber sealed) but that was to be expected. They are even lubed up perfectly.

So in conclusion, I will be buying almost all my future bearing purchases from Avid RC in the future. I am very happy with their service, and product.

I will try to post back how long they last.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:16 PM
calvino

Default RE: Avid R/C Bearings, my experience

I have ordered some of their bearings, i love the low prices/cheap shipping (shock... don't you love it when a site sells stuff for cheap but then bites you on shipping ) I need to get some more bearings, time for another order Note with the rubber sealed, one side is rubber and the other is metal (big deal?) I don't think so, keep the rubber side out and the metal side inside and were good!
Old 04-06-2010, 04:30 PM
e123

Kind of off topic, but how can you tell when its time to replace your bearings? Mine seem smooth but I think they are still the originals - I bought my truck used. Is it pretty obvious when they need to be replaced?
Old 04-06-2010, 04:34 PM
rclugnut10

when they get that gritty feeling that just doesn't go away no matter how hard you clean it, you'll know when a bearing goes, taht or it'll just fall apart....

the lug
Old 04-06-2010, 04:47 PM
e123

Cool, I guess I'm still doing ok then
Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Brainanator

mine just fell apart

when there are no balls left in your ball bearings, it is time to get new ones XD
Old 04-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Gado

I have shopped there at least twice and they have always been the best prices and service.
The only thing is that there is one bearing size they don't have that I want.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Brainanator

ORIGINAL: calvino
Note with the rubber sealed, one side is rubber and the other is metal (big deal?) I don't think so, keep the rubber side out and the metal side inside and were good!
it depends on if you order that specific bearing, I think they call them "Revolutions". I ordered the full rubber seal bearings
Old 04-07-2010, 08:35 AM
GravityJunkie

I've run the half rubber ones. Actually, they were in a used truggy I bought. They were supposedly new, and seemed that way when I bought the truck. Most bearings only lasted one season, where the all rubber ones I normally get last longer. The tranny ones were still good, but the axle ones were toast. So, it's either the fact that the axles take more of a beating or the fact that the axle ones are exposed to more dust. I figured why take a chance. And if I could notice the difference between half rubber and full rubber, I shouldn't be posting on this forum. I instead should be winning pro races...
Old 04-16-2010, 09:03 AM
e123

Took apart the back end of my truck last night to clean things up and the seals are worn off my wheel bearings! Time for a new set so I'm going to check out Avid. Funny that they wore out a week after I was wondering when to replace bearings
Old 04-16-2010, 09:50 AM
robpe
Banned

if you don't maintain them they tend to wear out relatively quickly, while if you do maintain them they can last indefinately
Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ive bought BOCA bearing sets for a few different RC's off ebay. good prices IMO.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:57 PM
e123

I got my order in 4 days - with the cheapo shipping. Cant beat that.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Brainanator

Old 04-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Willystylz

I hope they ship to Canada