Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Accucell 6 and Turnigy Lipo question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accucell 6 and Turnigy Lipo question

So i just got my lipo's and accucell 6.....am i able to charge these batteries with what comes here connector wise??? the charge lead coming out of the lipo doesnt seem to mate up with anything that was sent with the charger...only thing i can see that could work is trying to hook on to the lipo charge lead with the alligator clips...is that how it is done? Ill be changing these connectors to traxxass tomorrow, but i want to hook it up to check balance and put a charge on them.

anyone here with this charger and battery combo know anything about this? seems kinda silly to get a charger and battery by same manufacturer and not be able to use it until connectors are changed. Maybe the alligator clips are good to hook to the lipo charge lead, but iv never done it that way.......thx for any info

charger seems nice....looks to be exactly like the venom pro, but with a different color face and accucell slapped on it...and for 1/6th the price.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Accucell 6 and Turnigy Lipo question

You need to have your own charging connectors. Just because they are made by the same company does not mean they will come with the same connectors.
Don't worry about putting a charge on the lipos immediately, they are at the storage voltage and can handle not being charged for another day.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Shenanigans

ok...boo, thats kind of bogus.....so i guess you would need power poles on your packin order for this to charge out of the box....what are these connectors on the battery anyway? iv never seen them on any battery before?

I know they dont have to match just because the same company makes them...but they are pretty adamant in their description that the charger works great with zippy, turnigy, etc...lipo's. Im just an incredibly impatient man
Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

replace the power connectors on the battery with the female version of whatever you want to use (probably whats on your ESC already)
grab one of the weird ass charger connectors you don't think you'll ever use (I grabed that circular one) cut the end off and solder on the male version of the connector you used on the battery
charge
Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Brainanator

I don't know what kind of adapters are on your lipo since I've never seen it. Many of the lipos come with many different connectors as well, it might be bullet plugs, XT60, or just covered bullet plugs.
As far as I am concerned, the connectors that come on the lipos are just there to keep them from shorting in transit
Old 05-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Shenanigans

yeah, i was planning on switcxhing to traxxas tomorrow.....its a turnigy from hobbyking...so whatever those things are...your probably right that theyre there to protect them
Old 05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Brainanator

like I said, even many of the Turnigy brand lipos come with different connectors on them. I have 2 different ones, and they came with two different connectors.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Shenanigans

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9172

is what i got
Old 05-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Brainanator

yeah, that's a protected bullet connector. [link=http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9284]these things[/link]. I just bought a set to use as intermediate connectors, but I won't be running them on any of my cars.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: Shenanigans

So i just got my lipo's and accucell 6.....am i able to charge these batteries with what comes here connector wise??? the charge lead coming out of the lipo doesnt seem to mate up with anything that was sent with the charger...only thing i can see that could work is trying to hook on to the lipo charge lead with the alligator clips...is that how it is done? Ill be changing these connectors to traxxass tomorrow, but i want to hook it up to check balance and put a charge on them.

anyone here with this charger and battery combo know anything about this? seems kinda silly to get a charger and battery by same manufacturer and not be able to use it until connectors are changed. Maybe the alligator clips are good to hook to the lipo charge lead, but iv never done it that way.......thx for any info

charger seems nice....looks to be exactly like the venom pro, but with a different color face and accucell slapped on it...and for 1/6th the price.

I was looking at getting this charger as well and lipos. How do you like it. My friend has the venom pro charger and I have used it a few times and I really like it but at $129 that is a lot of lipos.....................I was thinking of this charger but have rea some not so great reviews about it.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:29 PM
bkfamily1

I got Turnigy hard case lipos from Hobby King, and they came with 5.5mm bullet connectors. It is surprising they do not specify what kind of connectors yours are, but it does not really matter. I just went down to my local hobby shop, and they had all kinds of connectors and adapters. And if they did not have the adapter I wanted, they would make it for me from the different connectors they had there. Rather than use and adapter, I just bought female deans to match what is on my ESC and soldered them on the lipo leads myself.

One important note - as pointed out to me in another thread some time ago, be careful you do not cut down on both leads when cutting off the old connector! That will cause a dead short. Be sure you carefully cut one wire at a time and avoid a short.