Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Maxamps Out of their Mind????

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 AM
ScottKelly911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxamps Out of their Mind????

ORIGINAL: hakmazter

Well, now you have proven your ignorance. There is a certain point where people can complain for whatever reason against a company and to a certain point, it might be legitimate. Doing everything you have done and continuing on about it proves you have a personal vendetta against maxamps for some reason and all your rants should be disregarded from any potential customers who are reading this.

1.) Maxamps is unquestionably the advertising leader in the industry and at $2000 per page per magazine per month on average, you can see where a lot of their money goes.

2.) Maxamps supports our industry as much as any other company by sponsoring race events, rock crawling events, and other events. I do not see zippy sponsoring races, etc...

3.) Maybe you should look at the other side of the coin and think if they had more support from American consumers, they would not have to run their operations out of a house.

4.) Considering they are primarily mail order and sell to hobby stores, do you think it would be wise as a business model for them to set up shop next to McDonalds? I wonder how many people in Washington would stop by to buy rc car and plane batteries?

5.) Unless it is Tower, Horizon, or Amain, most stores are ran out of homes. I could name several, but what is the point?

6.) I say support them if you can because there is more than one person there and what that means is that they have created a job for a US citizen. If you cannot support them for financial reasons, then at least don't bash them because of their marketing plan and where they want to place themselves in the industry.

7.) There is always going to be a highest price and a lowest price brand for every product. Value is what counts most of all and some think that the online support, the sponsorships, the new technology they are involved with are worth the extra price.
Great post!Regardless of whether or not people think their batteries are better, average or even worse than other cheaper batteries, one thing that you brought up that has gone un-noticed...They support the hobby big time!Like you pointed out, they continually sponsor events.Without said sponsorships, these events would become less and less. I do realize it's a two way street and they benefit from these sponsorships as well, however, it's really nice to see them sponsor events when others are not. So, big thank you to Max Amps for their support of the hobby and helping further it's technologies which ultimately benefit us all.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Access

ORIGINAL: hakmazter
2.) Maxamps supports our industry as much as any other company by sponsoring race events, rock crawling events, and other events. I do not see zippy sponsoring races, etc...

3.) Maybe you should look at the other side of the coin and think if they had more support from American consumers, they would not have to run their operations out of a house.
We are consumers, not providers in this hobby. The best thing we can do as consumers is to advocate, be discriminating, spread word of mouth when bad products or rip-offs exist in order to counter the advertising, propaganda, and other tactics these predatory companies use to try to sell their products.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:52 AM
rymansl2

Picture related

Old 06-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Pecanpatch

No kidding on the beating a dead horse..........

Why cant they get in they're lil POS Hyundai and go down to the piggly wiggly and gettum some Laura Lynn soda and generic potatoe chips and fahgetaboutit.

They probaly put k-mart motor oil in there cheesy asian throw away cars and wine cuz there are no good jobs out there.

(cuz everyone wants cheap cheap cheap stuff from Buddha-ville)

Marko
Machinist/welder/carpenter/draftsmen/Pilot/autoCAD designer
Old 06-10-2010, 05:00 PM
e123

ORIGINAL: Pecanpatch

Why cant they get in they're lil POS Hyundai and go down to the piggly wiggly and gettum some Laura Lynn soda and generic potatoe chips and fahgetaboutit.

They probaly put k-mart motor oil in there cheesy asian throw away cars and wine cuz there are no good jobs out there.

Marko

Keep throwing your money away. But at least your posts are intelligent...
Old 06-11-2010, 07:15 AM
strtzpmp

This is my "factory at home" making cheap batteries for myself....a 2s1p lifepo4 pack....was 3 bucks total costs....and i have plenty more to make...my 2s1p 20c 3200mah packs (being made as we speak are 5 bucks total costs to make.....and they aernt even hk lipos....(venoms) all you need to do is find deals for the cells and then pratice soldering (4 years soldering now) i guess ill sell packs when i get some shrinkwrap instead of ductape....it may not look pretty but it gets the job done and saves LOTS OF LOTS of money....Can you compete with $6 Life packs and $8 Lipo Packs???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95996.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1451421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33423.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1451422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24968.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1451423  
Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 AM
n19htmare
My Feedback: (1)

Marko
So you're saying all generic and low name brand products suck. What about if they perform identical to the name brand at half the cost?what then?

Most generic over the counter medications are exactly the same as the name brand. I.Etheir active ingredients are not any different or of any different standard.

Remember the GeoPrism?It was a rebadged Toyota. People flocked to it because it was cheaper and offered the same reliabilities of toyotas at a lower cost, and still today a Geo Prism is a sought after vehicle.
Over a period of few years it's been shown that certain LiPos (ones say fromHK) have lived up to their value/performance claims. There are TONS and TONS of people on my flying field that have switched to HobbyKing batteries and they can't beelive they used to spend hundereds more.

BeforeHobbyKing, we didn't have choices other then pay inflated prices. Now there is an alternative and most consumers are smart enough to see that there is more value in purchasing the generic brand LIpos.

Most consumers care about value. What is the best I can get for the least amount of money. These people typically will buy the generic Lipos because they know they work just as well.
Then there are consumers who have mindset that more $ = better product. These people will buy Maxamps.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Pinolelst

Marko
What a flippin twit...just where is "buddha-ville" anyway
Anywhere near "jesus-camp" ??
Steve
Old 06-11-2010, 03:12 PM
strtzpmp

if you think about it this way....what would you want? save for a lifetime for a supercar or buy a ariel atom for the price of a used subaru wrx which is better in performance just doesnt look as nice as a lambo or ferrari....id get the atom becuase its what i would be able to afford and its performance is top notch but if i had the money to throw in the garbage then i would get the pagani zonda f roadster........go homemade packs and HK PACKS!!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:30 PM
austinelse

redfisher-

How's the new baby? Are you getting any sleep?

hakmazter and ScottKelly911-

Thanks for the posts! They made my day!

An interesting read...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9794571/tm.htm

Old 06-11-2010, 06:01 PM
rymansl2

ORIGINAL: austinelse

redfisher-

An interesting read...

stooping a bit low aren't we...

Not to mention that thread has nothing to do with quality. Just some shipping delays. But nice try
Old 06-11-2010, 06:07 PM
austinelse

ORIGINAL: rymansl2

ORIGINAL: austinelse

redfisher-

An interesting read...

stooping a bit low aren't we...

Not to mention that thread has nothing to do with quality. Just some shipping delays. But nice try
Maybe a bit low...it looks more like customs fraud than just shipping delays...

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/bas..._purchases.xml
Old 06-11-2010, 07:47 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

redfisher-

My boy is great, And he sleeps all day then gets up every 20 minutes all night[]
Old 06-11-2010, 07:52 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a bit low...it looks more like customs fraud than just shipping delays...
Why did you turn them in? [X(]
Old 06-11-2010, 09:59 PM
ScottKelly911

ORIGINAL: strtzpmp

if you think about it this way....what would you want? save for a lifetime for a supercar or buy a ariel atom for the price of a used subaru wrx which is better in performance just doesnt look as nice as a lambo or ferrari....id get the atom becuase its what i would be able to afford and its performance is top notch but if i had the money to throw in the garbage then i would get the pagani zonda f roadster........go homemade packs and HK PACKS!!!!
Hahahahah PLEASEfind me an Ariel Atom for the price of a used wrx. I'd trade my 911 for one in a heartbeat and I'm a DIEHARD Porsche guy.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:31 PM
austinelse

Nope. I would never do that. I will stoop low enough to make sure you know who you are dealing with but not low enough to turn them in. I am just not that kind of guy...

redfisher- I remember the first few weeks with a new baby Sleeping all day and up every 20 minutes at night...that is funny For you, not so funny. Hang in there. It gets better quickly. If the baby is healthy then just be happy no matter how hard it is. The day my wife had our first kid was the best and worst day of my life. Its a crazy time! Enjoy it!

I am going to be away from the computer for the weekend. Hope you all have a great one!

-Austin
Old 06-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Pinolelst

Still trying to peddle misinformation about the duties and taxes we don't have to pay as end users 'eh

Disappointed you didn't post up that shyster lawyer site as well....

Steve
Old 06-12-2010, 12:19 AM
n19htmare

I'd wait 3-4 weeks and save a bundle. Let's see, I saved $190 over 2 maxamp 2 cell lipos. $190!!!!!! I'll gladly wait.

If I was in a rush, there are other better priced alternatives like Venom, which cost $50 instead of the OUTRAGEOUS $120 price that Maxamps charges.

After seeing some maxamp support threads it's CLEAR that only newbs buy Maxamps. With HobbyKing spreading like wildfire, Business must be hurting.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 AM
overrev

You can keep your hobby king batteries not saying they are bad. But I will take my max amp and thunderpowers any day over those. And I don't see them going out of business just because of you.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:17 AM
ludeman

ORIGINAL: strtzpmp

This is my ''factory at home'' making cheap batteries for myself....a 2s1p lifepo4 pack....was 3 bucks total costs....and i have plenty more to make...my 2s1p 20c 3200mah packs (being made as we speak are 5 bucks total costs to make.....and they aernt even hk lipos....(venoms) all you need to do is find deals for the cells and then pratice soldering (4 years soldering now) i guess ill sell packs when i get some shrinkwrap instead of ductape....it may not look pretty but it gets the job done and saves LOTS OF LOTS of money....Can you compete with $6 Life packs and $8 Lipo Packs???

Way cool but I notice you dont use balance leads. Although for the price point I guess you really dont care about balancing? I always wanted to try to make my own and seeing yours is inspirational.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:15 AM
strtzpmp

the honda vtec supercharged ariel atom is 30k new....the v8 supercharged is 125-150k depending on options....the 4 cylinder version is comparable in price to a newer used subie not an older one, but still 30k for a top notch supercar? thats like hk and maxamps comparison
Old 06-13-2010, 12:04 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

Picture related

+1

this thread is just a pissing contest at this point. "well i spend less money than u, im specalz[sm=bananahead.gif]" "well ive got a brand on my car im kewlr than uz"
who gives a crap!

am i the only 1 who's sick of this stuff? between the countless sc threads and the lazy ppl who dont do their own homework this stuff is getting so lame. and its not just rcu, ultimate rc, monster traxxas, its all the same stupid stupid crap
Old 06-13-2010, 07:14 PM
rymansl2

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

Picture related

+1

this thread is just a pissing contest at this point. ''well i spend less money than u, im specalz[sm=bananahead.gif]'' ''well ive got a brand on my car im kewlr than uz''
who gives a crap!

am i the only 1 who's sick of this stuff? between the countless sc threads and the lazy ppl who dont do their own homework this stuff is getting so lame. and its not just rcu, ultimate rc, monster traxxas, its all the same stupid stupid crap
I'm with ya. I'm starting to look at other forums like Oople that actually have mature individuals in it. This place has always been full of prepubescent kids since I joined almost 3 years ago.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:23 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

Picture related

+1

this thread is just a pissing contest at this point. ''well i spend less money than u, im specalz[sm=bananahead.gif]'' ''well ive got a brand on my car im kewlr than uz''
who gives a crap!

Im there as well.Just let this thread die and be done with it.It went from a kinda civilized discussion to [&:] And traxxas is pretty bad too.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:15 PM
nitro-rob

I've had this debate with a few people in another forum. The big difference is quality control and support. I bought turnigy packs for my first electric and blew two speed controllers (likely a third that didn't flame but its never been right since running the packs). The speed controllers burst into flames from rippling because the packs were junk. The cost of these speed controllers and two motors (that was passed on to the manufacturers as warranty claims before I figured out what was going on) is well over 500 dollars retail. Plus I bought two bum batteries and hobby king wouldn't respond to support and their line was never answered for weeks until I gave up. Don't even mention that these fires could have happened in my home. I bought thunder power and have been happy ever since. This is just my story and I am certain there are many positive ones but I won't take the chance again.

I say you get what you pay for and you take more risks getting low price packs. They are made at the same factory or two but the way they are assembled and QC'd is very different. There are many good stories from people who bought cheap packs and many bad stories.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.