Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Ansmann jump into short course... with both feet.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:14 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ansmann jump into short course... with both feet.

ORIGINAL: foam

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

Team C is Hobbypro's line up of RC cars, perhaps they should have just called them ''Hobbypro TC02'' to save on confusion but you can see, that's just not so cool. So they use Team C as the name for the race cars. It wouldn't be cool if the B4 was called the Thunder Tiger B4. So they have kept the Team Associated name now that they own all the old Associated stuff. Team Associated, Team Losi, Team C use what works I guess .
Hmm.. funny how someone signs up on the day of a discussion and their only post backs up positron, who is also from australia...[sm=tired.gif]
Perhaps that's because that's who told me you guys had no clue about these cars, I'm also a big fan of them despite also owning Associated cars. So I had to sign up to try and clear up the confusion and untruths in this thread, I had no intention to post twice after I've made it clear what the cars are and who makes them. Proanti, you need get a clue mate. I have both brands, I have nothing to do with either company, I'm just a guy that has some RC buggies, when you get some of each then you can voice your opinion, but it's just stupid to assume how a car is and say it's a clone and it's crap rar arar rar bull****, when you've never even seen one. I'm telling you it's a very impressive buggy, it's not without flaws, but it really is just as quick as the other cars and at half the price.. well really you don't have to be very smart to recommend it

You'll be one of these guys that can't see the difference between the new Tamiya 2wd and the B4 also I assume OMG it's a CLONE OMG the B4 is goddam TEAM USA F* YEAH Texan goodness, it's been a long time since the USA had anything to do with Associated . Regarding rear drive rear motored 2wd buggies, I don't think you will ever see another major car released post 2010 that's not mid motored. It''ll be all mid motor then including the new Losi.

I'll look forward to hearing what plasmaedge has to say about his mates once he builds it, I'm sure he will be a fan

Here's a video for anyone that hasn't seen one run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpYBQjmktpo

But why would I want to own both buggies? I already have a B4, and a T4... I have no need for a clone. $20 says this guy sells them. So basically you are on an American site, trying to support a Chinese clone, by [attempting] to stereotypically insult Americans? The "USA" doesn't have anything to do with Associated, since its owned privately by Americans. You may see some dedicated short course trucks use a mid motor design, but stadium trucks and buggies will all remain rear motor. Ansmann is not a major manufacturer (not in the least), so your point still remains invalid.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:31 PM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to add to what proanti1 said, while ae's cars may be made overseas, the mere fact that team associated puts thier name on it is good enough for me. (i can't say that about losi though )
where would this hobby be without ae? the team is still designing all the cars. meanwhile who the hell is team c?

i can get behind the chinese batteries, because thats where 90% of all the name brands get their cells anyway but full race cars? i don't think so.

i'm not saying that the cars are junk, just that they need to prove themselves and they have not done that....yet.

i'd actually feel better buying a car made and adverised by turnigy or hobbywing because thier products have never failed on me, rather than some clone that has 3 or more different names.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:35 PM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG the B4 is goddam TEAM USA F* YEAH Texan goodness,
Associated is in California. It's Traxxas that's the goddam TEAM USA F* YEAH Texan goodness!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:14 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

to add to what proanti1 said, while ae's cars may be made overseas, the mere fact that team associated puts thier name on it is good enough for me. (i can't say that about losi though )
where would this hobby be without ae? the team is still designing all the cars. meanwhile who the hell is team c?

i can get behind the chinese batteries, because thats where 90% of all the name brands get their cells anyway but full race cars? i don't think so.

i'm not saying that the cars are junk, just that they need to prove themselves and they have not done that....yet.

i'd actually feel better buying a car made and adverised by turnigy or hobbywing because thier products have never failed on me, rather than some clone that has 3 or more different names.
Yeah, Losi took a dump after they sold out to Horizon.

Associated has been around since the beginning, I find it a little irritating when someone compares a car with 35 years with of r&d under its belt to a cheap clone.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:49 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Team C is Hobbypro's line up of RC cars, perhaps they should have just called them ''Hobbypro TC02'' to save on confusion but you can see, that's just not so cool. So they use Team C as the name for the race cars. It wouldn't be cool if the B4 was called the Thunder Tiger B4. So they have kept the Team Associated name now that they own all the old Associated stuff. Team Associated, Team Losi, Team C use what works I guess .
Hmm.. funny how someone signs up on the day of a discussion and their only post backs up positron, who is also from australia...[sm=tired.gif]
Perhaps that's because that's who told me you guys had no clue about these cars, I'm also a big fan of them despite also owning Associated cars. So I had to sign up to try and clear up the confusion and untruths in this thread, I had no intention to post twice after I've made it clear what the cars are and who makes them. Proanti, you need get a clue mate. I have both brands, I have nothing to do with either company, I'm just a guy that has some RC buggies, when you get some of each then you can voice your opinion, but it's just stupid to assume how a car is and say it's a clone and it's crap rar arar rar bull****, when you've never even seen one. I'm telling you it's a very impressive buggy, it's not without flaws, but it really is just as quick as the other cars and at half the price.. well really you don't have to be very smart to recommend it

You'll be one of these guys that can't see the difference between the new Tamiya 2wd and the B4 also I assume OMG it's a CLONE OMG the B4 is goddam TEAM USA F* YEAH Texan goodness, it's been a long time since the USA had anything to do with Associated . Regarding rear drive rear motored 2wd buggies, I don't think you will ever see another major car released post 2010 that's not mid motored. It''ll be all mid motor then including the new Losi.

I'll look forward to hearing what plasmaedge has to say about his mates once he builds it, I'm sure he will be a fan

But why would I want to own both buggies? I already have a B4, and a T4... I have no need for a clone. $20 says this guy sells them. So basically you are on an American site, trying to support a Chinese clone, by [attempting] to stereotypically insult Americans? The ''USA'' doesn't have anything to do with Associated, since its owned privately by Americans. You may see some dedicated short course trucks use a mid motor design, but stadium trucks and buggies will all remain rear motor. Ansmann is not a major manufacturer (not in the least), so your point still remains invalid.

like the pic...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Scottgir

The reality is EVERY 2wd off road buggy can be called a "modded" clone going back to the RC10 (original/graphite or 90 team car) or the JRX2 depending on how you want to look at it.

Every other buggy since then has had only minor changes to that design. For the fun of it, I brushed off my old JRX2 a year ago and raced it. I came in 3rd.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:52 AM
positron

Perhaps that's because that's who told me you guys had no clue about these cars, I'm also a big fan of them despite also owning Associated cars. So I had to sign up to try and clear up the confusion and untruths in this thread, I had no intention to post twice after I've made it clear what the cars are and who makes them.Proanti, you need get a clue mate. I have both brands, I have nothing to do with either company, I'm just a guy that has some RC buggies, when you get some of each then you can voice your opinion, but it's just stupid to assume how a car is and say it's a clone and it's crap rar arar rar bull****, when you've never even seen one. I'm telling you it's a very impressive buggy, it's not without flaws, but it really is just as quick as the other cars and at half the price.. well really you don't have to be very smart torecommendit

Talk about a rant...[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Just to set you straight, I do know RC, I've been into it since before RTRs existed. So you're preaching to the wrong guy. Ranting on and on and mocking me doesn't prove your knowledge, either.
Also my post insinuated that you signed up for the pure purpose of backing up positron in this discussion, which you just admitted to, how was I incorrect?
That above post from my brother was directed at Proanti not you.

You are pretty young according to your jug thread but thats ok, you can't help when you were born. I showed my brother this thread when I thought Proanti was being serious, but know I see he is just trolling.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:42 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: positron

That above post from my brother was directed at Proanti not you.

You are pretty young according to your jug thread but thats ok, you can't help when you were born. I showed my brother this thread when I thought Proanti was being serious, but know I see he is just trolling.

I guess it was a mistake then, it said "in reply to" me and it looked like he replied to my comment, so I thought it was meant for me. LOL Yeah if you look over his posts, there aren't many threads that he has anything good to say about.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:56 AM
plasmaedge

I went to my mates house but we didnt build it because he stiill needs to gather a motor and tyres but we did get to have a look inside the box..

I will have to say that...

It looks nice, and to be good quality.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:03 AM
plasmaedge

Associated has been around since the beginning, I find it a little irritating when someone compares a car with 35 years with of r&d under its belt to a cheap clone.

Team c is also an american manufacturer as well as asian, and team c tc02 isn't a clone. On other forums i have read many many comments about how the kit shocks on the team c tc02 are far better than associated shocks.

Research is good before you bash a company.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 AM
plasmaedge

http://www.teamcamerica.com/shopcart/

heres team c's site.

Also i am considering getting the buggy as it looks nice just in the box.

I cant wait until i see this thing on a track.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:51 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: plasmaedge

Team c is also an american manufacturer as well as asian, and team c tc02 isn't a clone. On other forums i have read many many comments about how the kit shocks on the team c tc02 are far better than associated shocks.

Research is good before you bash a company.

Top is an ansmann car, bottom is a team c car... These both look to be a clone of a rather popular buggy, they also looks exactly the same (besides the color of the shocks). It looks like both companies are sourcing to the same Chinese company for their cloning needs. Team c is not an american company, just because they have a website called teamcamerica does not mean anything. Its just the wholesale website, the united states distribution office.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:25 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Top is an ansmann car, bottom is a team c car... These both look to be a clone of a rather popular buggy, they also looks exactly the same (besides the color of the shocks). It looks like both companies are sourcing to the same Chinese company for their cloning needs. Team c is not an american company, just because they have a website called teamcamerica does not mean anything. Its just the wholesale website, the united states distribution office.

There completely different JUST LOOK THE BOTTOM HAS BLUE ANODIZED PARTS

Next your going to say Redcat, Himoto, and Exceed are clones and all source their items from some cheap Chinese clone manufacturer.

Seriously though (the above 2 lines were not seeing sarcasm is not well read on the internet) looking at the site plasma linked for teamcamerica to make a Stadium truck it looks like they just slapped deep offset rims on it and a generic truck shell and called it a ST
Old 06-12-2010, 11:47 AM
proanti1

Haha, I didn't notice that... someone is going to be a little upset when they replace the stock wheels with some standard offset ST wheels, then end up with a retarded looking buggy.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:19 PM
The Mad Modder

Team c is not an american company, just because they have a website called teamcamerica does not mean anything. Its just the wholesale website, the united states distribution office.
+1 A lot of redcat fans say the same thing. Not that they are comparable, but Tamiya and Kyosho both have U.S. divisions(Tamiya USA and Kyosho America), yet they are both Japanese companies.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:08 AM
plasmaedge

i was simply stating that they also had a usa site.

The st truck has different shock towers, different arms (??) correct me if im wrong, a lengthened chassis.

The rims are a standard offset and the team c company also sell an adapter to use with associated wheels.

@ proanti1

Ansmann source their rc cars from other companies. This is why they have the whole line of team c r/c's and also have some other cheap looking rc's.

Team c is, i think, a division of hobbypro which also owns j-concepts (i think).
Old 06-13-2010, 02:39 AM
positron

Didntwe clear this up already, Ansmann buys the Team C cars and sells them in UK with green anodising.

As far as short course trucks go, team c did make one based on the buggy that is not ROAR legal, the new one is an extended chassis with truck arms. As mad modder pointed out that middle pic IS an SC10, can only blame that store for screwing up the pics.

I think we need to sort out what a clone is.

A company has cloned the durango 410ex, it's identical and the parts can be interchanged with the durango parts. That to me is what a clone is, an exact copy. That is a bad thing and bad behaviour.

Kyosho RB5 LOSI XXX-CR , TAMIYA TRF201Xand Associated B4 are very similar cars, but I wouldn't call them clones... they are just similar in design.

Plasma edge -> hope your buddy has a good hex driver, one thing I dont like about the kit is the screws are a bit meh, I pre-threaded mine with a 2.5 hex head off my traxxas.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:35 AM
positron

Amainhobbies now be selling Team C's they have the stadium truck and buggy in stuck, they are being sold as TQracing.
www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_228/products_id/174119/n/TQ-Racing-SuperCross-10-1-10-Scale-Off-Road-Buggy-Kit

Proanti you better email Amain and sort that out.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:21 AM
kahnen

LOL, I guess the description says it all.

competition vehicle- check
taking the good aspects from all kind of other vehicles(hence the clone look)- check
having it sold buy Amain, making it a fairly reputable company- check
Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 AM
proanti1

The st truck has different shock towers, different arms (??) correct me if im wrong, a lengthened chassis.

The rims are a standard offset and the team c company also sell an adapter to use with associated wheels.

@ proanti1

Ansmann source their rc cars from other companies. This is why they have the whole line of team c r/c's and also have some other cheap looking rc's.

Team c is, i think, a division of hobbypro which also owns j-concepts (i think).
Team C is a name branded on a car, it is not an actual company. Hobbypro is the company that inports the cars into the US... a long with a bunch of other Chinese crap. JEspares is the company that sells the "Ansmann" line, they get them from the same factory. Now apparently Amain has also decided to give this factory a call.

Ansmann does not buy team c cars... thats like a Lincoln buying a Mercury whereas they are still owned by ford. They do not order the car, strip the anodizing, the re-anodize it green. The cars come completed from a factory in China.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:28 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: positron

Amainhobbies now be selling Team C's they have the stadium truck and buggy in stuck, they are being sold as TQracing.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Road-Buggy-Kit

Proanti you better email Amain and sort that out.
"The SX10 emerged from the TQ Racing lab"

Aparently "TQ" has a racing lab, and is producing the same exact car as Ansmann and team c. Haha... this keeps getting better.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:47 AM
positron

@ proanti1
Team C is a name branded on a car, it is not an actual company. Hobbypro is the company that inports the cars into the US... a long with a bunch of other Chinese crap. JEspares is the company that sells the "Ansmann" line, they get them from the same factory. Now apparently Amain has also decided to give this factory a call.

Ansmann does not buy team c cars... thats like a Lincoln buying a Mercury whereas they are still owned by ford. They do not order the car, strip the anodizing, the re-anodize it green. The cars come completed from a factory in China.

Hobbypro is the name of the factory in china, like I said earlier they make JConcepts tyres, not sure about the bodys but they are obviously made in china so it's more than likely at hobbypro, Now remember Jconcepts made the BJ4, which was the prototype for associateds B44. It's a small world.

Hobbypro is not a distributer, the two distributers in America are TQracing and Team C America, The TQ cars even come with Team C stickers, only difference is the logo on the box.
You are right about one thing, Ansmanns madrat,macnum and x pro cars are made in the Hobbypro factory and then sent to Ansmann in UK to be sold.

I also find the TQ racing labs funny, TQ got upset when Team C America opened, TQ had been keeping it close to their chest that they were selling Team C cars, and they often said they were testing and changing stuff, when in reality they have nothing to do with it, they just buy Team C's.

There is no distributer in Australia.

It's not hard to see why either, TQ wants 199 usd for the buggy, for that much I'd rather buy a B4 or XXX etc, The thing is RCmart sells them for 99usd, for 99usd they are a very good car that is at the level of a b4 and XXX on the track.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:13 AM
plasmaedge

Perhaps that's because that's who told me you guys had no clue about these cars, I'm also a big fan of them despite also owning Associated cars. So I had to sign up to try and clear up the confusion and untruths in this thread, I had no intention to post twice after I've made it clear what the cars are and who makes them.Proanti, you need get a clue mate. I have both brands, I have nothing to do with either company, I'm just a guy that has some RC buggies, when you get some of each then you can voice your opinion, but it's just stupid to assume how a car is and say it's a clone and it's crap rar arar rar bull****, when you've never even seen one. I'm telling you it's a very impressive buggy, it's not without flaws, but it really is just as quick as the other cars and at half the price.. well really you don't have to be very smart torecommendit

But why would I want to own both buggies? I already have a B4, and a T4... I have no need for a clone. $20 says this guy sells them.So basically you are on an American site, trying to support a Chinese clone, by [attempting] to stereotypically insult Americans? The "USA" doesn't have anything to do with Associated, since its owned privately by Americans. You may see some dedicated short course trucks use a mid motor design, but stadium trucks and buggies will all remain rear motor. Ansmann is not a major manufacturer (not in the least), so your point still remains invalid.

How the hell could you think i sell these cars, im a 16 year old school student who lives in what im prety sure is the furthest southern continent in the world apart from antartica.

I dont even have enough money to pay for the shipping of an rc from the us, never mind work for a company who sells them.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

they are not clones of an rc10, they look nothing like the associated cars. hell the front end and the chassis look more like a losi setup and the rear tower, mount and maybe the front arms look like a b4. infact if it where copying anything i would say it was copy an academy GV2, even them there are differances.

it is in no way a clone of the associated car it where a clone it would look just like the B4 and have parts interchangeability. it is its own vehicle.

look at the baja 5B and the 1/5 buggies on ebay....those are clones, they essentially the same buggy.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:03 PM
TIGER76

Ansmann have been making kits and hopup parts for a while in the UK some of there stuff is good for the cheap price others arent[]

some of there other kits

[link=http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=Category&CategoryID=992010&ManufacturerID=1154]http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=Category&CategoryID=992010&ManufacturerID=1154[/link]

I like the hodrod shell though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.