Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New Brushless Mad Force Kruiser VE

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:34 AM
guy4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Brushless Mad Force Kruiser VE

I just seen this don't know if it has been talked about but looks like my new truck when it comes out.
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/cars/in...part_num=30885
Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: New Brushless Mad Force Kruiser VE

thats a very different design, compared to the BL emaxx or savage flux.
the chassis looks like it could be weak, but i thats just because there isnt alot to it. the companants may be plenty strong.
i notice it can only use 12cell nimh or 4s lipo. not 6s lipo like the others.
the chain drive part is alittle scary. i have never owned an RC with chain drive. but it looks plenty strong.
the solid axle is very interseting. considering how fast this truck should be able to go, handling should be wild!

i would have put the steering servo on the front axle. i dont care for the long linkages the way it is. looks weak, sloppy.
whats the price on it going to be? if it cost less than the other 2 BL monster trucks, then it may do well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18730.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1450606  
Old 06-09-2010, 10:51 AM
guy4x4

Not sure on price but I use to own a nitro version Mad force and it was really strong and fun to drive also it looked like a real monster truck with the solid axles.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Redvanmafia

i heard that the axles were weak on the first mad force. Now that its brushless i would bet they'll take more of a beating with impacts and such
Old 06-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Eman77

I just like the name. Stick a mongo-sized BL motor in there:

"HOLY CRAP, THAT THING HAS MAD FORCE!!"

lol
Old 06-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Slo-V Flyer

Engrish names are always so amusing. Mad Force, Street Force, Mad Bull, Mad Dog, and a bunch of other Chinese knock-offs that are Mad something. They're always mad about something!

I'm not digging that weird suspension. The 2 plastic links on each axle just don't look like will allow much real flex, or at least not in a realistic way. They are fixed at the axle so there is no rotation there, and the other end is on a 1 axis up and down movement limit, so if one wheel goes up, the other will most likely due to the design, want to move up as well, or limit the travel individually. Did that make sense at all?

The chain part at the bottom is unnecessary and rather primitive I think. It adds more rotating mass when a simple delrin or composite gear would have done well, not to mention the added noise and tension needed to keep the chain from falling off the sprocket, may increase drag on the transmission.

It does look like an unlikely design, but perhaps it IS still capable.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Krazy Chicken

you do realize all those namer are made by companies that aren't american?
ORIGINAL: Slo-V Flyer

Engrish names are always so amusing. Mad Force, Street Force, Mad Bull, Mad Dog, and a bunch of other Chinese knock-offs that are Mad something. They're always mad about something!

I'm not digging that weird suspension. The 2 plastic links on each axle just don't look like will allow much real flex, or at least not in a realistic way. They are fixed at the axle so there is no rotation there, and the other end is on a 1 axis up and down movement limit, so if one wheel goes up, the other will most likely due to the design, want to move up as well, or limit the travel individually. Did that make sense at all?

The chain part at the bottom is unnecessary and rather primitive I think. It adds more rotating mass when a simple delrin or composite gear would have done well, not to mention the added noise and tension needed to keep the chain from falling off the sprocket, may increase drag on the transmission.

It does look like an unlikely design, but perhaps it IS still capable.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:23 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Mad Force Kruiser is great in it's nitro flavor, I'm sure this will be too. A solid axle brushless truck is a welcome addition to the hobby.

The old mad force did have some issues, but I have the kruiser and it's very beefy and well built.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
losifiend

This truck looks like a rock crawler on steroids. Too bad K parts are so hard to get. They should of never left Tower.....
Old 06-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

wow, that MT actually looks like a monster truck, instead of a truck that's a monster. I look forward to seeing some vids of this rig.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Lilredmachine

The mad force is a well revised and tested design. The twin axles instantly give it a cool factor over the Flux or ERBE, and the chain drive is a strong, efficient method of transferring the power.

I have always liked the Mad Force, and was gutted when they discontinued the Twin Force Spirit before I had the chance to get one. Now it's back and brushless, this can only be a good thing.

It's also worth remembering that the while the Mad Force suspension is twin axle, it is setup for performance rather than low speed crawling. Even the brushed Twin force used to be able to do 30ish mph, so having it be able to corner was a pre-requisite. .
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 PM
HRCules77
My Feedback: (4)

Nice comeback. I used to have the Twin Force back when brushless motors were still a fringe thing. I had an extended chassis and lots of other goodies: it sure was a blast to drive.
I used a Feigao 7XL originally before upgrading to a Mega Motor ACn22/30/1E (I think). In my opinion, a monster truck that would wheelie with Jumbo Kongs and an extended chassis was something to tip a hat to. Well, this truck could do that.
As far as design compromises were concerned there were the obvious steering linkages. I also snapped hubs pretty easily too but that's probably because my truck weighed a lot with the twin 8cell NiMH packs (I made them fit ) , the fact I had the wheel extenders and because solid axle trucks typically don't jump well. Lastly, I found that with so much power, my rear links/arms would bend and cause binding in the rear dogbone however, I believe rc4wdstore.com had metal ones to eliminate this flexing.....and they still do.
But let me say that the Twin Force truck was F-U-N: I could wheelie, crawl, chase cars, and demolish anything in my path. So undoubtedly, the new truck with the carbon fiber foo-foo might be lighter and more "efficient" than the old Twin Force, but I'll put money down it's got the same attitude.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Awesome! I think this would be a great truck for anyone looking for something a little different than the norm. Id say it will do about everything well, except race.

The thing I dont like about Kyosho is the parts support. They have had some nice stuff over the years, but you cant get parts hardly anywhere. Its too bad really.

However, if something like this started selling well for them, they may pick up some on the parts support side. And my guess is that this thing would be a handful even on 4s Plus, I think its nice to see something other than the Mamba used, since Mamba seems to have some issues.

Eric
Old 06-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Eman77

maybe not your LHS, but amain hobbies online would hopefully have good parts support I imagine...?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:19 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a horrible design... and an exposed chain drive? What is this... 1985?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: guy4x4

I just seen this don't know if it has been talked about but looks like my new truck when it comes out.
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/cars/in...part_num=30885
Nice to see the mad force in electric again. If I had the spare cash lying around I'd buy one, that chain drive is cool.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Slo-V Flyer

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

you do realize all those namer are made by companies that aren't american?

Yes I do realize that. And they still sound funny. Engrish names are the BEST!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:46 PM
HRCules77
My Feedback: (4)

Engrish names are the BEST!
Yes, they are. Remember, it's the beautiful language of Engrish which gave us "Donkey Kong".

Old 06-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Krazy Chicken

you obviously have never been around the original mad force, and real monster trucks have solid axles not the wimpy independent suspention
ORIGINAL: proanti1

That is a horrible design... and an exposed chain drive? What is this... 1985?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Willystylz

I've been likin the nitro Mad Force Kruiser and hopin they'd come out with an electric version. If I was in the market for a monster truck I think I'd have a serious look at this guy. To me the chassis is much more pleasing to the eye than the HPI Savage Flux. Just screams traditional monster truck to me!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:36 AM
x Wild Bill x

Yeah this thing looks sweet, I almost bought the nitro one a month or so ago but really want my next rc to be a brushless monster truck.... Now I'm glad I waited! Just bummed to see their release date isn't until September, wish they would release it soon so we can have it to play with during the summer...

Bill
Old 06-16-2010, 08:22 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now that's a monster truck! soild axles FTMFW!

I would buy that in a heartbeat.