Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

motor/esc combo for tamiya madbull

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:53 AM
13BT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor/esc combo for tamiya madbull

I need a recommendation for a good brushless motor and esc combo for my completely stock Madbull.

It doesnt have to be the fastest. It just needs to be reliable. I dont want motors burning up because its drawing too much current.

Normally I wouldnt bother about a new motor but I'm in a position to get it for a good price so, what the hell, I'll buy it. Now I just need to be sure I'm getting the right combination.

Could anyone recommend a kV range for the motor and amp rating for the esc? If anyone already has a setup that works and would like to share, I'd appreciate it.

cheers
Old 06-23-2010, 03:02 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: motor/esc combo for tamiya madbull

i rekon between 3000kv and 3500 or around about, something with lots of tourque because ive heard that the madbull is slightly overgeared.

You can get the 

vxl sysetm - 3500kv

Ezrun systems - 3000kv and up

Novatech system - 3600kv   /   

Kershaw designs motors and an ezrun esc - lots of options  

Im not sure of any others for a good price.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:01 AM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: motor/esc combo for tamiya madbull

ORIGINAL: 13BT

I need a recommendation for a good brushless motor and esc combo for my completely stock Madbull.

It doesnt have to be the fastest. It just needs to be reliable. I dont want motors burning up because its drawing too much current.

Normally I wouldnt bother about a new motor but I'm in a position to get it for a good price so, what the hell, I'll buy it. Now I just need to be sure I'm getting the right combination.

Could anyone recommend a kV range for the motor and amp rating for the esc? If anyone already has a setup that works and would like to share, I'd appreciate it.

cheers
I wouldn't go too far over 3000kv. I'm running a 13.5t Novak system in my wild willy. It gives plenty of speed and power, but also loooooong run times. I would go with reputable company like Novak, Castle Creations, Tekin, or Traxxas.