Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

help w/repair on my redcat

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:46 AM
tinosasso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help w/repair on my redcat

figured i'd give this a shot, i'm trying to change the axle joint on my r/f wheel, its the end that attachs to the gear box. The front dog bone goes inside this piece on the inside(the outside dogbone attached to wheel axle). Redcat part # 02051 is the gear box, i have an extra 02033 and i believe this is the right replacement part (the dogbone doesnt obviously stay in since only one end is attached). I cant seem to unscrew this broken axle joint (every time i do the wheels move). And i dont believe the gear box opens up, it appears to b one solid piece. Please help.......
Old 07-03-2010, 10:07 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help w/repair on my redcat

What does the exploded views in your manual show?
Old 07-03-2010, 10:12 AM
G!NhO

The best way to fix it is by buying from a proper brand. jk
Old 07-03-2010, 11:09 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Do you have a picture of what you're talking about?

Sounds like the diff case that needs to be opened. Should be 4 screws on top ITBJRC
Old 07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you will probably get more help in this forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm

thats the dedicated redcat racing forum and the owner posts there a few times a week helping ppl out
Most pople on these forums do not own redcats(or care to) due to them usually being sub standard to most other RC kit (they are one of the better brands out of the cheap ones though)
only thing I do know about them is if you can't find your part from redcat or one of their resellers you can look for it in himoto redcat and himoto both use the same EXACT part numbers just the letters infront of the #'s are different
Old 07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
tinosasso

the blow up view unfortunately isnt helping me, i've tried to use it but to no avail, i just cant figure out how to remove the old axle joint, the gear box doesnt appear to b more than one piece so it seems that i need to remove the old broken part from the outside
Old 07-03-2010, 02:46 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

tino, if you can get a picture of what you're trying to fix for us that would be awesome. Redcat uses non-standard names for their parts, so what they call them is not necessarily what everybody else calls them, so we're not quite up on what you're needing to fix.
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

you will probably get more help in this forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm

thats the dedicated redcat racing forum and the owner posts there a few times a week helping ppl out
Most pople on these forums do not own redcats(or care to) due to them usually being sub standard to most other RC kit (they are one of the better brands out of the cheap ones though)
only thing I do know about them is if you can't find your part from redcat or one of their resellers you can look for it in himoto redcat and himoto both use the same EXACT part numbers just the letters infront of the #'s are different
Syco, you really don't need to insult the kid's car.
ALL RC's break.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:51 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie
Syco, you really don't need to insult the kid's car.
ALL RC's break.
Didn't mean to really insult the RC unlike G!NhO. Just said why most people don't own them on this board, and pointed him to a board that the owner of the company posts on, and actively helps people with their issues.

And yes I do realize all RC's break (except it seems savages, can't seem to break mine )
Old 07-03-2010, 04:00 PM
G!NhO

Ehmmmm notice the "jk" on the end of the sentence.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: G!NhO

Ehmmmm notice the ''jk'' on the end of the sentence.
sorry missed that
Old 07-03-2010, 04:33 PM
kahnen

http://www.rufaster.com/02051.aspx

If this is the same part you are speaking about it does come apart as you can see in the pic. If you give what model car you have or as others have said a pic it would be easier to help.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:13 AM
tinosasso

thanks all
ok so inside that part  (differential housing) is the gear. the gear has 2 wheel axles or wheel cups (i'm not sure what there called but the dogbone end attaches into this part). one of these have broken and i cant figure out how to get it out. I tried unscrewing it but its very difficult b/c i have to hold the other side tight and hold the gear so that they dont spin. I tried pulling it out also. I dont even know if it can b replaced, i may have to replace the gear and those 2 pieces may come attached into it.
and its the volcano epx pro brushless if that helps.
also i did post in the redcat section, but they sometimes take a while to respond and i hoped to get this thing running for this w/e but i guess that aint happening

happy 4th