Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Slash 4x4 or E-Maxx 3905

Hey any advice would help,

Well for the past couple days i've been trying to persuade myself to get one of these but i cant decide. I know there both great but i can only afford one right now. I have a 2wd Slash vxl and have experience with R/C trucks but dont want to spend more then these cost. So i want a 4wd truck so it can go over alot more obstacles then my 2wd (i.e. grass,rocks etc.) and the only thing im worring about is the 4wd slash getting stuck with its smaller tires. The E-Maxx on the other hand needs dual batts and isnt brushless (i know E-Maxx brushess edition but cant afford and isnt waterproof). Also let me know how much the 4wd slash can overcome. Any advice would be useful this is kinda my last resort.

Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Slash 4x4 or E-Maxx 3905

I also have a 2wd slash and recently got my Emaxx and I love it, its an entirely different animal with its size and everything. I know that you would be getting the brushed one so it wouldnt be as insane as a MMM one would, but you could also upgrade it later on to brushless. I bought my 3905 as a roller on ebay for $170 shipped and made a "brushless edition" for about $380 total minus the little things like the 2.4 radio(already had one anyway), 17mm hex and different wheels, tires and body. I got my brushless emaxx for less than a new brushed one.[8D] You could always throw bigger tires on the slash 4x4 but it will never have the suspension travel of the emaxx.
    Mad Force Kruiser VE/ MM E-Revo / 2x 2wd Slash / 2x 2wd Stampede / Slash 4x4 / Vaterra BL Camaro / Axial SCX10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Slash Basher

Hey any advice would help,

Well for the past couple days i've been trying to persuade myself to get one of these but i cant decide. I know there both great but i can only afford one right now. I have a 2wd Slash vxl and have experience with R/C trucks but dont want to spend more then these cost. So i want a 4wd truck so it can go over alot more obstacles then my 2wd (i.e. grass,rocks etc.) and the only thing im worring about is the 4wd slash getting stuck with its smaller tires. The E-Maxx on the other hand needs dual batts and isnt brushless (i know E-Maxx brushess edition but cant afford and isnt waterproof). Also let me know how much the 4wd slash can overcome. Any advice would be useful this is kinda my last resort.

Thanks.

I would go with the 4wd Slash you will have alot more fun with brushless then with a brushed E-Maxx..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ive had 1/10th stuff most of my life, if i had to do it again i would have gotten an emaxx long ago, both need a few upgrades before they are really at their full potential so id jump for the maxx imo
    support your local turn marshals, dont flip so dang much!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

salsh 4x4 or look up a used e-revo on ebay

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well i think i'll try to get the E-maxx i feel like its better for my situation because i need more of a monster truck then short course truck. and if i have an itch for the track i can still use my 2wd slash. Also im kinda curious if its possible to put my vxl system form my slash in the e-maxx. Also if i did which side would i put the single batt?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've never owned a Slash but I have had a 3905 E-Maxx and it was a fun truck. Since you already own a 2WD Slash, I'd go with the E-Maxx or I'd look into a used E-Revo like jd31 said. The E-Maxx is too big and heavy for a single VXL system.
    Savage Flux HP (6S), Brushless Revo 3.3 (6S), Summit, Micro High Roller (2S), Micro Baja (2S)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok thanks everyone I really appreciate it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually, one more question for you guys. I called my LHS to check on the price of the brushed E-Maxx and surprising even after i double checked with them they said the Traxxas E-Maxx Brushless Edition was only $404.99. So now that i'm considering the brushless edition E-Maxx, i know the brushless edition uses the MMM it defeats the purpose of the truck being waterproof. So is there a way w/o opening the ESC to drive the truck in wet conditions like snow and keep the MMM temporally (or permanently) waterproof?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A pretty good question, actually.

Me personally, I'm more a fan of short course and desert trucks than Monster Trucks; so my tendency would be to lean towards a 4 WD slash; being that it is quite a bit more capable than a 2wd and it can run on a 6 cell NiMH or 2S LiPo and look good doing it!

On the other hand, a 4WD monster truck with its big tires, higher ground clearance, and more suspension travel would give you more capability; you would be able to run it in more places than you could a 4WD slash. This is why I picked up a Savage Flux. I have a field that isn't maintained nearby my house and I'm able to run it all over the place; places where I couldn't run even a 4WD 1/10 scale short course truck. If I didn't need that capability so often, I probably wouldn't have purchased that truck. I actually like my 4WD short course(ish) truck better, but I use the bigger Savage Flux more because I can have fun driving it all over the place near my house. The other benefit is that it is quite a bit stronger; I can do more crazy bashing with it and not break anything since it is more durable.
    Savage Flux 2200Kv | E-Savage Trophy Truck 3100Kv | EX-1 Buggy 2200Kv | E-Firestorm Baja Bug 5700Kv | GB-01 Buggy 5400Kv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks I wish I could get the flux too but a little too spendy for me right now I'll probably get it in a few years

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Slash Basher

Actually, one more question for you guys. I called my LHS to check on the price of the brushed E-Maxx and surprising even after i double checked with them they said the Traxxas E-Maxx Brushless Edition was only $404.99. So now that i'm considering the brushless edition E-Maxx, i know the brushless edition uses the MMM it defeats the purpose of the truck being waterproof. So is there a way w/o opening the ESC to drive the truck in wet conditions like snow and keep the MMM temporally (or permanently) waterproof?
    $405 for a brushless edition isn't bad.
    Savage Flux HP (6S), Brushless Revo 3.3 (6S), Summit, Micro High Roller (2S), Micro Baja (2S)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah I know that's what I thought. I wasn't considering it because I thought it was around $650.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get a e-maxx (brushed) and sell the two titan 550's and buy a single titan 775.

will give you more tourque and speed while still being water proof

or buy a roller and buy your prefered electronics
    Team associated t4.1 (currently a roller)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does it last longer?