Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

vintage team associated RC 10

I'm new to RC cars and just picked up a vintage team associated RC 10, I'm looking for a set of rear shocks and assorted other parts. Is there any other Team Associated models that inter change with the vintage RC 10 ?? ie; use another models shocks on the vintage ??
    Thanks for the help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: vintage team associated RC 10

Yes, nearly everything on the vintage rc10 can be found on other associated cars (unless you need parts for the 6 gear transmission). The shocks used on the rc10 are the same used on the b2,b3, and b4 (with the exception of the b4 front shocks, which are a little longer). The model numbers all stayed the same for interchangeable parts. You can get on the associated website, download the manual, look for the part numbers and enter the on towerhobbies.com. Tower carries just about every associated part ever made.
    Her name was Lola. She was a show girl.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I own two "gold tub" cars, a six gear and a stealth car. The shocks are not exactly the same, there are some differences in the early cars.
    aka MrBreeze
    73\'\'s KK4MSE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

e bay has shocks for that all the time...[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skyraider71

I own two ''gold tub'' cars, a six gear and a stealth car. The shocks are not exactly the same, there are some differences in the early cars.
    Same length, the only difference is the circlip on the bottom of the shock holding the o-rings in instead of the top loaded clip system and the gasket instead of the o-ring used to seal the shock cap. I would love to find me some NOS 6 gear shocks...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wish I could get those clips out of mine, does anyone have a tip for this?
    aka MrBreeze
    73\'\'s KK4MSE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use these. It has to be a set of internal circlip pliers. I got mine at lowes.

http://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1...5&groupID=1457

You basically have find some pins that fit in those little holes and figure out how to squeeze them together. Its very easy to mess up that little plastic retaining ring though.. and you are pretty much screwed if you do, they are nearly impossible to find. They also use a larger size o-ring than the normal AE shocks which can also be a pain to find.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Yes, nearly everything on the vintage rc10 can be found on other associated cars (unless you need parts for the 6 gear transmission). The shocks used on the rc10 are the same used on the b2,b3, and b4 (with the exception of the b4 front shocks, which are a little longer). The model numbers all stayed the same for interchangeable parts. You can get on the associated website, download the manual, look for the part numbers and enter the on towerhobbies.com. Tower carries just about every associated part ever made.
    I bought two vintage "A" stamp RC10s. I also bought two sets of the front shocks back in 1985 to compliment my Tamiya Frog's CRP front shock upgrade parts and rear end.

skyraider71 is correct - and you are not correct.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dragnse7en

I bought two vintage ''A'' stamp RC10s. I also bought two sets of the front shocks back in 1985 to compliment my Tamiya Frog's CRP front shock upgrade parts and rear end.

skyraider71 is correct - and you are not correct.
    Did you see the part where I explained the difference between the A-stamp shocks and the later model Team shocks?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did you see the part where I explained the difference between the A-stamp shocks and the later model Team shocks?
    Did you ever buy any of these? The construction and assembly and parts are different. Yes, I read your description, and I think that you should carefully double check the facts 1st.

I'm sorry, but you're still wrong.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did you ever buy any of these? The construction and assembly and parts are different. Yes, I read your description, and I think that you should carefully double check the facts 1st.

I'm sorry, but you're still wrong.

Ok. The guy had a question about compatibility, shock length. The length between the early rc10 shocks and the team rc10 shocks is the SAME. The ONLY physical difference between the two styles is the body, how the o-rings load in through bottom and are retained by a clip. He wanted an answer about something that would work, I gave him one. Someone else came in and pointed out that there was a difference between the two styles, I clarified. I have owned more 6-gear rc10's than I care to remember.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh.

Well, then, there you go!

Je vois.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

MY RC Truck will take
    7.2V Ni-MH
    8.4V Ni-MH
    or 7.4V lithium polymer

What is my best option for power and run time as far as upgrade?
    What brand is usually the best?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A lipo battery will have the longer run time against a nimh, hands down.

As far as brands go, that's a personal preference. Go to hobbypartz dot com to get insane deals on lipo hardcase packs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Awesome, thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok. The guy had a question about compatibility, shock length. The length between the early rc10 shocks and the team rc10 shocks is the SAME. The ONLY physical difference between the two styles is the body, how the o-rings load in through bottom and are retained by a clip. He wanted an answer about something that would work, I gave him one. Someone else came in and pointed out that there was a difference between the two styles, I clarified. I have owned more 6-gear rc10's than I care to remember.
    You're still wrong. The earlier shocks used were 0.56 fronts and 1.02 rears, and the team cars used the 0.71 fronts and the 1.32 rears.

Please refer to this link, so that I may back up my point:
    www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10/CE/cat_rc10.pdf

Note that the legend says d and e are the Team and world car kits. Now look at the bottom column on page six.

You should really do your homework, Proanti1. I grade you with an F for the false advice

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You're still wrong. The earlier shocks used were 0.56 fronts and 1.02 rears, and the team cars used the 0.71 fronts and the 1.32 rears.

Please refer to this link, so that I may back up my point:
    www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10/CE/cat_rc10.pdf

Note that the legend says d and e are the Team and world car kits. Now look at the bottom column on page six.

You should really do your homework, Proanti1. I grade you with an F for the false advice

Wow Proanti1, this guy really knows his stuff. He got you on this one. Lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have no ill-will against Proanti1. He's a good guy that means well, but obviously doesn't know AE as well as I do in my 26 years in this rc hobby

He's a good guy though, don't get me wrong!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1.02" rears? that's new to me. i always thought ALL aluminum tub/graphite rc10's came with 1.32" shock bodies in the rears.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's what it says on the AE web site. I think that's wrong too, but the A stamp cars' shocks are shorter than the worlds and team cars' shocks. That's apparent enough.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: littleVETTE

1.02'' rears? that's new to me. i always thought ALL aluminum tub/graphite rc10's came with 1.32'' shock bodies in the rears.
    ThunderbirdJunkie was under the impression that 1.32s didn't come around until the 10T.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My original 10T came with 1.02 fronts and 1.32 rears, so maybe