RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

vintage team associated RC 10

Reply
Old 07-16-2010, 11:15 AM
  #1
clhuke64
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: bend, OR
Posts: 3
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default vintage team associated RC 10

I'm new to RC cars and just picked up a vintage team associated RC 10, I'm looking for a set of rear shocks and assorted other parts. Is there any other Team Associated models that inter change with the vintage RC 10 ?? ie; use another models shocks on the vintage ??
Thanks for the help
clhuke64 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:24 AM
  #2
proanti1
 
proanti1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 4,299
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

Yes, nearly everything on the vintage rc10 can be found on other associated cars (unless you need parts for the 6 gear transmission). The shocks used on the rc10 are the same used on the b2,b3, and b4 (with the exception of the b4 front shocks, which are a little longer). The model numbers all stayed the same for interchangeable parts. You can get on the associated website, download the manual, look for the part numbers and enter the on towerhobbies.com. Tower carries just about every associated part ever made.
proanti1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:51 AM
  #3
skyraider71
 
skyraider71's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: mount washington, KY
Posts: 837
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

I own two "gold tub" cars, a six gear and a stealth car. The shocks are not exactly the same, there are some differences in the early cars.
skyraider71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:12 AM
  #4
skinned
 
skinned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: michigan city, IN
Posts: 125
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

e bay has shocks for that all the time...[8D]
skinned is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:15 AM
  #5
proanti1
 
proanti1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 4,299
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10


Quote:
ORIGINAL: skyraider71

I own two ''gold tub'' cars, a six gear and a stealth car. The shocks are not exactly the same, there are some differences in the early cars.
Same length, the only difference is the circlip on the bottom of the shock holding the o-rings in instead of the top loaded clip system and the gasket instead of the o-ring used to seal the shock cap. I would love to find me some NOS 6 gear shocks...
proanti1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:31 PM
  #6
skyraider71
 
skyraider71's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: mount washington, KY
Posts: 837
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

I wish I could get those clips out of mine, does anyone have a tip for this?
skyraider71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:54 PM
  #7
proanti1
 
proanti1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 4,299
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

I use these. It has to be a set of internal circlip pliers. I got mine at lowes.

http://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1...5&groupID=1457

You basically have find some pins that fit in those little holes and figure out how to squeeze them together. Its very easy to mess up that little plastic retaining ring though.. and you are pretty much screwed if you do, they are nearly impossible to find. They also use a larger size o-ring than the normal AE shocks which can also be a pain to find.
proanti1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:03 PM
  #8
dragnse7en
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

Quote:
ORIGINAL: proanti1

Yes, nearly everything on the vintage rc10 can be found on other associated cars (unless you need parts for the 6 gear transmission). The shocks used on the rc10 are the same used on the b2,b3, and b4 (with the exception of the b4 front shocks, which are a little longer). The model numbers all stayed the same for interchangeable parts. You can get on the associated website, download the manual, look for the part numbers and enter the on towerhobbies.com. Tower carries just about every associated part ever made.
I bought two vintage "A" stamp RC10s. I also bought two sets of the front shocks back in 1985 to compliment my Tamiya Frog's CRP front shock upgrade parts and rear end.

skyraider71 is correct - and you are not correct.
dragnse7en is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:31 AM
  #9
proanti1
 
proanti1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 4,299
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10


Quote:
ORIGINAL: dragnse7en

Quote:
ORIGINAL: proanti1

Yes, nearly everything on the vintage rc10 can be found on other associated cars (unless you need parts for the 6 gear transmission). The shocks used on the rc10 are the same used on the b2,b3, and b4 (with the exception of the b4 front shocks, which are a little longer). The model numbers all stayed the same for interchangeable parts. You can get on the associated website, download the manual, look for the part numbers and enter the on towerhobbies.com. Tower carries just about every associated part ever made.
I bought two vintage ''A'' stamp RC10s. I also bought two sets of the front shocks back in 1985 to compliment my Tamiya Frog's CRP front shock upgrade parts and rear end.

skyraider71 is correct - and you are not correct.
Did you see the part where I explained the difference between the A-stamp shocks and the later model Team shocks?
proanti1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:36 AM
  #10
dragnse7en
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10


Quote:
ORIGINAL: proanti1

Did you see the part where I explained the difference between the A-stamp shocks and the later model Team shocks?
Did you ever buy any of these? The construction and assembly and parts are different. Yes, I read your description, and I think that you should carefully double check the facts 1st.

I'm sorry, but you're still wrong.

dragnse7en is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:02 AM
  #11
proanti1
 
proanti1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 4,299
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10


Quote:
ORIGINAL: dragnse7en


Quote:
ORIGINAL: proanti1

Did you see the part where I explained the difference between the A-stamp shocks and the later model Team shocks?
Did you ever buy any of these? The construction and assembly and parts are different. Yes, I read your description, and I think that you should carefully double check the facts 1st.

I'm sorry, but you're still wrong.

Ok. The guy had a question about compatibility, shock length. The length between the early rc10 shocks and the team rc10 shocks is the SAME. The ONLY physical difference between the two styles is the body, how the o-rings load in through bottom and are retained by a clip. He wanted an answer about something that would work, I gave him one. Someone else came in and pointed out that there was a difference between the two styles, I clarified. I have owned more 6-gear rc10's than I care to remember.
proanti1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:36 AM
  #12
dragnse7en
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

Oh.

Well, then, there you go!

Je vois.
dragnse7en is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:52 AM
  #13
QSR1
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pleasant Hill, IA
Posts: 17
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

MY RC Truck will take
7.2V Ni-MH
8.4V Ni-MH
or 7.4V lithium polymer

What is my best option for power and run time as far as upgrade?
What brand is usually the best?
QSR1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:03 AM
  #14
dragnse7en
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

A lipo battery will have the longer run time against a nimh, hands down.

As far as brands go, that's a personal preference. Go to hobbypartz dot com to get insane deals on lipo hardcase packs.
dragnse7en is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:06 AM
  #15
QSR1
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pleasant Hill, IA
Posts: 17
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

Awesome, thanks
QSR1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:55 AM
  #16
dragnse7en
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10


Quote:
ORIGINAL: proanti1



Ok. The guy had a question about compatibility, shock length. The length between the early rc10 shocks and the team rc10 shocks is the SAME. The ONLY physical difference between the two styles is the body, how the o-rings load in through bottom and are retained by a clip. He wanted an answer about something that would work, I gave him one. Someone else came in and pointed out that there was a difference between the two styles, I clarified. I have owned more 6-gear rc10's than I care to remember.
You're still wrong. The earlier shocks used were 0.56 fronts and 1.02 rears, and the team cars used the 0.71 fronts and the 1.32 rears.

Please refer to this link, so that I may back up my point:
www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10/CE/cat_rc10.pdf

Note that the legend says d and e are the Team and world car kits. Now look at the bottom column on page six.

You should really do your homework, Proanti1. I grade you with an F for the false advice
dragnse7en is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:41 PM
  #17
chonyc77
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Staten IslandNEW YORK
Posts: 91
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10


Quote:
ORIGINAL: dragnse7en


Quote:
ORIGINAL: proanti1



Ok. The guy had a question about compatibility, shock length. The length between the early rc10 shocks and the team rc10 shocks is the SAME. The ONLY physical difference between the two styles is the body, how the o-rings load in through bottom and are retained by a clip. He wanted an answer about something that would work, I gave him one. Someone else came in and pointed out that there was a difference between the two styles, I clarified. I have owned more 6-gear rc10's than I care to remember.
You're still wrong. The earlier shocks used were 0.56 fronts and 1.02 rears, and the team cars used the 0.71 fronts and the 1.32 rears.

Please refer to this link, so that I may back up my point:
www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10/CE/cat_rc10.pdf

Note that the legend says d and e are the Team and world car kits. Now look at the bottom column on page six.

You should really do your homework, Proanti1. I grade you with an F for the false advice

Wow Proanti1, this guy really knows his stuff. He got you on this one. Lol
chonyc77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:45 PM
  #18
dragnse7en
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

I have no ill-will against Proanti1. He's a good guy that means well, but obviously doesn't know AE as well as I do in my 26 years in this rc hobby

He's a good guy though, don't get me wrong!
dragnse7en is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:09 AM
  #19
littleVETTE
 
littleVETTE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: california, CA
Posts: 15
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

1.02" rears? that's new to me. i always thought ALL aluminum tub/graphite rc10's came with 1.32" shock bodies in the rears.
littleVETTE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:30 AM
  #20
dragnse7en
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

That's what it says on the AE web site. I think that's wrong too, but the A stamp cars' shocks are shorter than the worlds and team cars' shocks. That's apparent enough.
dragnse7en is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 AM
  #21
ThunderbirdJunkie
 
ThunderbirdJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwood, OH
Posts: 22,101
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10


Quote:
ORIGINAL: littleVETTE

1.02'' rears? that's new to me. i always thought ALL aluminum tub/graphite rc10's came with 1.32'' shock bodies in the rears.
ThunderbirdJunkie was under the impression that 1.32s didn't come around until the 10T.
ThunderbirdJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:23 AM
  #22
dragnse7en
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,766
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: vintage team associated RC 10

My original 10T came with 1.02 fronts and 1.32 rears, so maybe
dragnse7en is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:22 AM.