Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

17.5 brushless for short course

Old 07-21-2010, 03:08 AM
skyraider71

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 17.5 brushless for short course

I'm looking into going brushless in my SC10. Track rules spec 17.5 turn brushless motors. A search on Towers' site turned up almost
nothing. Can anyone recommend a 17.5 turn brushless set-up for a reasonable cost?
Old 07-21-2010, 08:28 AM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 17.5 brushless for short course

well off the top of my head novak, lrp, tekin to name a few. in a spec class a good motor will go a long way so i would not cheap out (as im sure ppl will tell you to)

heres a-mains listings, they should have most of these same motors on tower as well so just cross refrence part numbers for anything your interested in (avoid trinity and the other motors that look alike, imo they are crap)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...&keywords=17.5

tower
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FVSEARCH=17.5+

also, cxheck craigs list, ebay and the track for anyone getting rid of a motor, normaly the track will have really good deals (if they are cool and not hard *****)
Old 07-22-2010, 09:58 AM
NovakTwo

We have collected our Short Course products into a special section in our on-line store:

TeamNovak Short Course Products

We have two 17.5 systems for 2 WD SCtsHavoc 3S/Ballistic Spec Brushless System with Traxxas® Plug[/url]:

Havoc 2S Spec Sensored Brushless Systems

Havoc 3S/Ballistic Spec Brushless System with Traxxas® Plug

We also have 17.5 motors, both new and RMF (SS Pros). If you have questions, let me know.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:09 AM
skyraider71

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My LHS is now carrying the Ballistic brushless systems, the next 17.5 system that arrives has my name on it.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Lee35

do you have to use the sensor harness on the Novac? I have the RTR sc450-bl speed control and the motor REEDY 3300KV is not legal for stock under ROAR. Will the motor work with out the sensor harness hooked up?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:52 AM
NovakTwo

Hi Lee,

Sent you a PM
ORIGINAL: Lee35

do you have to use the sensor harness on the Novac? I have the RTR sc450-bl speed control and the motor REEDY 3300KV is not legal for stock under ROAR. Will the motor work with out the sensor harness hooked up?