Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Need Help with brushless info please

Old 07-26-2010, 10:08 PM
marlcidlosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with brushless info please

I was wandering if any one could give me some price ranges and info on putting a brushless truggy together. I like the losi and plan to buy a used roller, preferably with a conversion kit already completed. I would like to know what I will need and possible options with regards to price. I know I will need a brushless system (around 300.00) and a radio, and batteries and a charger. What I would like to know is what the differences in the brushless systems and why they vary in price. Also the batteries, what are the best, fastest batteries and pricing??? I am new to the brushless system and need all the info I can get! Thanks
I plan to have fun at my local track, no racing yet just starting out!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Need Help with brushless info please

I was shooting for a 8ight-t e, and figured out the pricing awhile ago.

Batteries and system would be from hobbyking.$200-$275.
Used rollers run $250-$350.I would get a dx3s, $250.$700 on the lower end, and $850 on the upper end.IF you went with a MMM or xceleron, on tekin, etc. Your looking $250-$350 for the system, and another $100-$175 on the batteries.

Everything varies by price, the more expensive arent necessarily the best.*Cough maxamps* Id recommend hobbyking, OR xceleron or MMM motor, with xerun esc or xceleron esc. Id stay away from MMM esc's, seem to have some issues...Nitros not the only system that produces alot of smoke.

Batteries....Well, id go for 6s for the most power, and because i like alot of power. You could go for 5s or even 4s, your choice.

Conversion kits run $100, if the roller doesnt have one.
Extra spurs and pinions,a temp gun, and some extra or upgraded diff gears and possibly upgraded dogbones as well.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:31 AM
HJJFFFAA

Default RE: Need Help with brushless info please

The Xcelorin ESCs have had a way worse time as far as reliability than the MMM. The motors are fine, though.