Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Pretty cool new 1/10 scale 4wd buggy??

Old 08-10-2010, 02:43 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pretty cool new 1/10 scale 4wd buggy??

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

holy crap the SK-10 has to be the most expensive 1/10th ever (and it beats most real cars too) each piece costs $10,000
Screen shot from caster's online store.

That is usually that way on there site when items are not available for purchase yet. Sort of like coming soon lol. From what I have seen pricing has not been set publically yet. Hope its good because I may get one of t these to try out 10th scale.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:13 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

holy crap the SK-10 has to be the most expensive 1/10th ever (and it beats most real cars too) each piece costs $10,000
Screen shot from caster's online store.

That is usually that way on there site when items are not available for purchase yet. Sort of like coming soon lol. From what I have seen pricing has not been set publically yet. Hope its good because I may get one of t these to try out 10th scale.
I figured that, I just posted that jokingly
Old 08-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

This is the new Caster Racing S10B or Sniper 10 buggy. It is setup for saddle packs in the rear and the pics you see are of the PRO version. Also they should be prototype pics. There is a RTR version that might be available in the US and will come as either a brushless or brushed version. This buggy has been in development for 3 years and has finally now been released. This should be a true contender on the track!
to saddle packs
+1

Not sure why they went the saddle pack route .
Old 08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
hakmazter

Think Mini Fusion.......

The answer is balance. We engineer cars to handle on the track. There is a reason why everyone loves how the 1/8 fusion handles.

However, I will double check on the plastic rtr version because I think that if a person flips the motor mount 180 degrees, then the motor will be on the servo side all lined up perfectly and you could run a regular lipo on the other side.

If that is an easy mod, we will truly have the ultimate in versatility.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

ORIGINAL: hakmazter

Think Mini Fusion.......

The answer is balance. We engineer cars to handle on the track. There is a reason why everyone loves how the 1/8 fusion handles.

However, I will double check on the plastic rtr version because I think that if a person flips the motor mount 180 degrees, then the motor will be on the servo side all lined up perfectly and you could run a regular lipo on the other side.

If that is an easy mod, we will truly have the ultimate in versatility.

The pics you posted in the Caster forum show the RTR version use regular non saddle packs .
Old 08-11-2010, 10:48 AM
J.D.T

Wassup Mike, is the plastic version at Hobby Haven? What about the 1/5 scale Dustin hinted on last time I saw him, any time line on that?
Old 08-13-2010, 09:06 AM
hakmazter

What do you mean? They use a saddle configuration no matter what. Either sub c or lipo will fit. What I am talking about is being able to use a regular 7.2 volt lipo on the right side and have the motor, esc, and servo on the left.

I figured out how to do it already on the pro with a carbon fiber chassis plate where you have the option of both setups.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:09 AM
hakmazter

I was up there on Wed night showing it off since they needed some parts.

I figured there would not be a lot of interest on the 1/5 scale so we dropped it. All we need is the chassis plate made and it is done.

Ultimately, it would be cool to have someone make an aluminum cage for it to complete the "look".

I should assemble the prototype and bring it up to race day. No way I would run it on Hobby Haven's track though. Too small.....lol.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:16 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Hey hak, are those threaded shock bodies on the RTR?

Can't really tell in the low-res pics
Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 AM
hakmazter

They are threaded big bores for all models of 1/10 4wd buggy.

There is the pro kit and there will be a brushless 2.4ghz rtr and a brushed am.

All are available for preorder through www.casterracingusa.com
Old 09-14-2011, 07:52 AM
JTuepker1

I just ordered this kit last week, upon arrival ill be doing a build up, Ill be using hte bfast diff kits, Mantisworx camber kit, gen ace lipos, Diggity Designs carbon fiber upper bracers, rcshox 2 stage pistons and will roll on the new AKA rebar tires super soft( 4 weeks waiting for these).

This kit is my first 4wd 10th scale buggy, ran mainly on road till this summer, Picked up a cheaper basher buggy, then Got the Caster EX1.5 pro and that thing has been a dream, one broken part so far that was my fault(bad driving). Cant wait for this ride for the winter indoor.