Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

First Electric RTR

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 03:02 PM
NetherX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Electric RTR

I used to have a nitro HPI Savage a few years ago...looking to get back into bashing with an eletric buggy.

I would like to get an RTR package that can later be upgraded to a better motor, batteries etc.

What would you suggest?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:12 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: First Electric RTR

well we need some info
main one is budget for the whole setup remember seeing I doubt you have the support equipment its basically $100-150 for 1-2 batteries and a charger (depends on brand you want)

2nd is scale. the most popular scale for buggies is 1/8th seeing they are built like tanks and take a fair amount of abuse. 1/10th are a fair bit fewer in choices, and a little less durable.

3rd thing would be 2wd or 4wd. 2wd's are abundant in 1/10th scales where 4wd is a bit more rare. 1/8th from what I've seen is all 4wd.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 PM
NetherX

Budget is open right now, I am in the research stage, buying stage may be a few months off.

I am thinking 1/8 scale 4WD.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:15 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ofna ultra lx1e.

There has been a lot of discussions about this bugggy recently, seems like a solid platform
Old 08-12-2010, 05:41 AM
positron

If you liked the Savage, you could check out the savage flux and not have to worry about upgrading the motor