Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Integy shock tower instructions for Rustler

I purchased an Integy upgrade kit and it included a front shock tower kit. I am stumped on how to properly install the shock tower and it's various components. Tons of litte pcs. Anyone have an instruction set for this kit or pics of their install?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Integy shock tower instructions for Rustler

This is the kit I purchased by the way.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYHJ2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i hate to be "that guy" but that kit looks alot cooler than it works.

one hard hit in the front and most of those parts will be junk. the suspension arms will be the first to go.

integy is known for bad alloy products.

anyway if you really want to install it you'll have to figure it out yourself. it's not that hard, just take it apart and put it back together with the new parts.
    you may put a screw in the wrong place once or twice, but you'll figure it out.
    RC8BE/B4/BBT/JRX2/RC10/RC10T/DF-01/ABC GENETIC/M-03/ KRANZEL TERMINATOR/CPE PRO MOD CLOD/BLADE 120SR & CX3/TROJAN T-28/CHAMP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would suggest the same as Kaiser01, take it apart and start putting it together, if you have issues then I'd suggest either going onto traxxas.com and finding the manual and exploded view from there, but its really not that hard, all of the parts should go on how the stock ones were one.
    FF01, Stampede

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Swap them one piece at a time and it'll be a no brainer but in all honesty I wouldn't put that on a truck that is going to actually be driven. You'd be much better off with RPM parts and your wallet will be happier.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's actually not that easy. The kit pictured isn't actually what they sent. One part of the shock tower is graphite. There are several small parts (spacers) that make no sense. Not sure I can return it given the fact that it is opened.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pointerman

It's actually not that easy.* The kit pictured isn't actually what they sent.* One part of the shock tower is graphite.* There are several small parts (spacers) that make no sense.* Not sure I can return it given the fact that it is opened.
    If you can repackage it so that it looks like it wasn't opened, I would highly suggest returning it. If not, you could sell it on e-bay to recover some of your loss. If you are set on building it, you could post some good pics of the parts to help us puzzle it out. You could always e-mail integy, but from what I've heard, their customer service is pretty much non-existant.
    God bless America

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, I am in the process of trying Integy.  We'll see where I end up.  I'll see if I can snap some pics tonight.  The kit really is baffling.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Took three hours, but I got this put together last night with no left over parts.  There are a lot of little spacers that you must use in the right place to get the tie rods and shocks to line up correctly.  Crazy with no instructions.  Now I just need to adjust toe in since you have to use the last hole in their steering hub to maintain proper a-arm travel.  That puts the wheels at a ridiculous toe in angle.  I'll work that tonight then on to the rear shock tower.  Enjoying the tinkering.  It's been 20 years since I had an RC and I am having a blast playing with my 8 yr old son.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats what it's all about man!

good for you, i personally can't wait for my son to be at an age where we can work on rc's topgether. he's only 1 now. lol
    RC8BE/B4/BBT/JRX2/RC10/RC10T/DF-01/ABC GENETIC/M-03/ KRANZEL TERMINATOR/CPE PRO MOD CLOD/BLADE 120SR & CX3/TROJAN T-28/CHAMP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like I was wrong.  Truck won't steer now.  The steering elbow is too long and pushes the steering arm to far back.  Kit won't work now matter what.  Not sure who designed this thing.  Anyway, I will be calling Tower Hobbies today to test out their return policy.  Wasted a week of evenings after work on this thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ya I would return that that's alot of money for show , also go with rpm they have a lifetime warranty , I have ve have the rpm casters and hubs on my rustler , and the other day the hit a huge jump and it bent the caster pin in half and the caster was fine it bends back in place like it has memory or something.