Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Slash 4x4 or SC10 or Blitz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:50 PM
mval9188

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slash 4x4 or SC10 or Blitz?

Narrowed it down to three short course vehicles. What do you guys think I should get? Im leaning toward the slash 4x4 since i have a slash 2wd that I like and seems to run okay for me on the track. This shortcourse would be strictly for racing btw. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:01 PM
yotaman1991

Default RE: Slash 4x4 or SC10 or Blitz?

x1 on the slash 4x4!!! i love mine now the bugs are worked out.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:28 PM
rc theman

for racing i would go with the blitz. handles wayy better than my brothers 4x4 slash, (my) 2wd slash and my old sc10
Old 08-23-2010, 12:49 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want 4x4 then obviously go with the Slash, of the other 2 I prefer the SC10. I've driven both and like the way the AE one handles better.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:23 AM
ausjethro

ORIGINAL: mval9188

Narrowed it down to three short course vehicles. What do you guys think I should get? Im leaning toward the slash 4x4 since i have a slash 2wd that I like and seems to run okay for me on the track. This shortcourse would be strictly for racing btw. Thanks in advance.
If you want a 4WD strictly for racing have a look at the Ofna Hyper 10SC-it has better racing credentials than the Slash 4WD(which is a GREAT short course truck and not too shabby on the track with a few mods.)The AE SC10 has an excellent name as a short course racer and the HPI Blitz is also a good choice as a racer,again with a few upgrades.

Hyper 10SC-Novak HV PRO 6.5t sensored combo.
Slash 4WD- stock.
HPI BLITZ-VXL 3500kv combo.
Slash 2WD-Xcelorin 4800kv motor/Sidewinder ESC.
Savage Flux-stock.
Factory brushless E-Revo.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:52 PM
topdogg11

Defintely choose either a Slash or the Blitz. These two are made DURABLE enough to at LEAST not break while removing them from the darn box when you first buy it!! The Slash and Blitz will not only survive breakage from just pulling it out of the box, it will also take almost ANYTHING you can subject them too!!

Old 10-22-2010, 01:56 PM
crunchNmunch

If you were comparing just 4wd, or 2wd, trucks it would be one thing. But it's not fair to compare one company's 4x4 against other company's 2wd models, it's not a fair fight.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: topdogg11

Defintely choose either a Slash or the Blitz. These two are made DURABLE enough to at LEAST not break while removing them from the darn box when you first buy it!! The Slash and Blitz will not only survive breakage from just pulling it out of the box, it will also take almost ANYTHING you can subject them too!!

You a Traxxas employee? Yeesh.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:05 AM
ClippersTown

take the blitz. it has better handling than the slash, and is ALOT more durable than the sc10. the blitz is like taking alot of good things from the slash and alot of good things from the sc10 and fusing it into one truck, which is the hpi blitz. the tires are also very cool, so is the body if you get teh ART series, not the maxxis. the chassis is pretty darn durable, too. idk, JMHO
Old 10-23-2010, 02:33 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

For 4wd SCT, pass right by the Slash 4x4. It's weak. SCRT10 is the way to fly.
For 2wd SCT, Get a Kyosho Ultima SC-R, Blitz ESE, or SC10 Factory Team...make your decision based on what is most popular at your track so you have setup support locally and what your local hobby shop supports for parts. A local guy has been running his SC-R for a few months and hasn't broken anything.

If you are ONLY racing, you likely already have electronics to drop in the truck, and RTR grade electronics just don't cut it for heavy abuse that these trucks see.

The Slash is not indestructible, either...had an impact with one tonight that left it disabled. That truck is at LEAST as modified as ThunderbirdJunkie's SC10.

ORIGINAL: Eman77

ORIGINAL: topdogg11

You a Traxxas employee? Yeesh.
No, Traxxas hires people that spell "definitely" properly.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:48 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id reccomend either the hpi blitz ese or the factory team sc10.

Both are really nice.

Id go with the blitz ese if it were  me as it has a hardened steel ball diff, no worries of melting it and it is tough. 

ALSO it looks MEGA nice in the grey/white scheme.  It has lots of nice hop ups on it that you dont find on other sc trucks.

Alloy shocks set which is 140 right there,

then theres the ball diff(with ceramic nitride balls)

full race tuned plastics, 

alloy motor mount heat sink set, 

cvd set

titanium turnbuckles and top shaft

alloy ball studs and locknuts

well worth your money