Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas EVX-2 Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:07 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas EVX-2 Issue?

Ijust got a e-maxx with the EVX-2 in it (it is a 3906 that was upgraded). For the most part it works fine, but when Iturn it on after putting in new battery packs (2s 5000mah lipos), the truck will not get going right away if I go hard on the throttle (likeif Iwanted todo a wheelie)it just stops.If Igo real easy on it for a minute it will get going and eventually start working fine (it is able to do wheelies later).Has anyone experienced an issue like this before? Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 08:27 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Traxxas EVX-2 Issue?

I've experienced it along with many others on evx and evx2. It is the voltage is too high for the particular esc. If you were to charge the packs to 8.35 volts rather than 8.4 they'd be fine. You're right on the borderline of your esc's max voltage.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:12 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

I was thinking that it may be part of the issue, but Iam only running 2 2s packs, and the ESCshould handle 14 cells so that is definatly more voltage than my two packs.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:21 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

The lipos should be 16.8 when full. 14 cells should start out at 20 and fall to about 19.75 at the 2 hr mark.