Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New Motor ISSUE, Please Help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:03 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Motor ISSUE, Please Help.

It's cling wrap. Same crap they put in a box for food use.

The stuff YOU posted is ENTIRELY different from what mc and ThunderbirdJunkie just posted; the stuff YOU posted IS heat shrink wrap.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:08 PM
VXL_BASH

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

It's cling wrap. Same crap they put in a box for food use.

The stuff YOU posted is ENTIRELY different from what mc and ThunderbirdJunkie just posted; the stuff YOU posted IS heat shrink wrap.
You are CLEARLY incorrect and ANY UPS, FED-EX, Freight carrier, dock worker, and ANYONE in that profession will tell you that:

YOUAREINCORRECT.

You may know RC trucks and buggies, but you are not knowledgable in warehouse supply and "shrink wrap" if you say that I and Mc4789 are incorrect.

Print that photo from Mc4798 out and show ANYONE from a UPS or Freight carrier that pic and he or she will say "SHRINKWRAP" PERIOD my friend.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

IT DOESN'T EVEN SHRINK
Old 09-02-2010, 07:22 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: VXL_BASH

ORIGINAL: mc4798

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: mc4798

Uhh, how is it a joke? All you did was wear away insulation. Shrink wrap it and use the motor.
Heat shrink is what he meant
Same thing.
sorry, But its not.

They look pretty diffrent to me ? Shrink wrap will not help the motor problem at all

Yes that roll is called "shrink rap". The small box of wrap is called "cling rap" and the stuff I now see that is needed is called "Heat shrink". Thanks to Mc4798 in distinguishing and displaying the correct terminology and photos of it all.

If I was told to use "Heat shrink" we would not be having this duscussion. I appreciate it Mc4798!!!!

No problem.

Glad I could help.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:25 PM
mc4798

IT DOESN'T EVEN SHRINK
lol

mc4798 thinks you are just acting like child and CANT/WONT admit when your wrong.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:26 PM
VXL_BASH

IT DOESN'T EVEN SHRINK
It shrinks to boxes of pallets by being STRETCHED. LISTENBRO: IUSEDITTENSOFTHOUSANDSOFTIMESALREADYFOR4 YEARS WHILE INCOLLEGEANDWORKING FORUPS.

Is the WHOLEUPS and FREIGHT industry incorrect, or is it a few hobby toy forum members who are incorrect?

Seriously, MODS should delete the thread as its been solved thanks to Mc4798, BUT now its going nowhere but leading other newbies to MISINFO as a result of others!!!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:31 PM
HJJFFFAA

Solved by MC4798? Yea, no. I told you what to use. You want to be pedantic over words (you're not even right), that's your problem.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:35 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

IT DOESN'T EVEN SHRINK
It shrinks to boxes of pallets by being STRETCHED. LISTEN BRO: I USED IT TENS OF THOUSANDS OF TIMES ALREA DY FOR 4 YEARS WHILE IN COLLEGE AND WORKING FOR UPS.

If you say I am incorrect you are saying that UPS is incorrect as well as Fed-Ex, Conway, Yellow Freight, New Penn Freight, APA Freight, Emery, and MANY others whom I have dealt directly with are wrong!!!

Is the WHOLE UPS and FREIGHT industry incorrect, or is it a few hobby toy forum members who are incorrect?

Seriously, MODS should delete the thread as its been solved thanks to Mc4798, BUT now its going nowhere but leading other newbies to MISINFO as a result of others!!!

You are now aware that ThunderbirdJunkie has cling-wrapped a lot of pallets over the years.

Yes, it stretches. Then it returns to its original size, and clings to itself. Shrinking plastics shrink to smaller than their original size when heat is applied to them.

If you really want to get into semantics over this crap on a TOY CAR FORUM in your own thread, who are we to do anything but oblige you?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:58 PM
mc4798

IT DOESN'T EVEN SHRINK
It shrinks to boxes of pallets by being STRETCHED. LISTENBRO: IUSEDITTENSOFTHOUSANDSOFTIMESALREADYFOR4 YEARS WHILE INCOLLEGEANDWORKING FORUPS.

If you say I am incorrect you are saying that UPS is incorrect as well as Fed-Ex, Conway, Yellow Freight, New Penn Freight, APA Freight, Emery, and MANYothers whom I have dealt directly with are wrong!!!

Is the WHOLEUPS and FREIGHT industry incorrect, or is it a few hobby toy forum members who are incorrect?

You are now aware that ThunderbirdJunkie has cling-wrapped a lot of pallets over the years.

Yes, it stretches. Then it returns to its original size, and clings to itself. Shrinking plastics shrink to smaller than their original size when heat is applied to them.

If you really want to get into semantics over this crap on a TOY CAR FORUM in your own thread, who are we to do anything but oblige you?
Sorry TBJ, But everybody knows the diffrence but you and your crony.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:00 PM
HJJFFFAA

Every knows that isn't shrink wrap, but you and your crony.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 PM
mc4798

Every knows that isn't shrink wrap, but you and your crony.
20,000 posts between the two of you. GuessingLOTS of bad information in those .

Sorry guys but im done playing with you about this.

VXL_BASH : Everyone on rcu is not as childish as these two are. Hopefully your experience will be better.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:10 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrink_wrap
Old 09-02-2010, 08:39 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

I have accidentally learned a great deal from this thread! I know what heat shrink is, as I have been using it for about 15 years, but I did not know that stretch-wrap is what I have been using for at least as many years. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stretch_wrap
Old 09-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Srewinkel

Technically you could use any one of the three products.  Your goal is to insulate the conductors from other conducting wires.  Heat shrink would be the easy item to use.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:52 PM
andboy
My Feedback: (4)

Goodness.

On cables use heat shrink.

On food use cling wrap / GLAD whatever you want to call it.

I think the package stuff should be called stretch wrap http://www.stretchwrapsupply.com/

So how about you're both wrong, and i'll take the prize!!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:31 PM
13BT

"shrink" is a funny word.

And I wouldnt be wrapping my food with plastic made for wrapping pallets of goods.

Nor would I wrap pallets of goods with cling wrap from the supermarket.

Yes, they are both rolls of thin clear plastic, but if you actually examine them, you will see why they are used they way they are. Call them what you want, but they are manufactured for different purposes. OF COURSE you can use them for another purpose, but if you care about using the right stuff for the right job, then you wouldnt. I have worked in kitchens and factories long enough to know the difference.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:49 AM
moparbarn

good lord, 2 pages of crap over a simple word or 2 [X(]!! the man has found out he needs heat shrink, the rest of you 2 year old children go back to your sandbox & shut up . this is just embarassing []..........
Old 09-03-2010, 07:52 AM
andboy
My Feedback: (4)

Won't. Shan't. Dont wannna.

Can we go play now?

ORIGINAL: moparbarn

good lord, 2 pages of crap over a simple word or 2 [X(]!! the man has found out he needs heat shrink, the rest of you 2 year old children go back to your sandbox & shut up . this is just embarassing []..........
Old 09-03-2010, 11:22 AM
zeman
My Feedback: (28)

Wrong terminology used. I find this funny as hell so I have to chime in. If VXL_BASH had been told to used "heat shrink tubing" instead of "shrink wrap" we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I worked in the shipping department and also as an electronic tech of a company for 12 years and have used a lot of heat shrink tubing.

Here is the way I see it.
1. "Heat shrink tubing is designed to insulate and shrink when heat is applied and becomes fairly thick and stiff.
2. Heat shrink like shown in the link to U-Line above comes on a roll and is a tube and is meant to be use for bags by sealing each end with an impulse sealer then shrunk up around the item and IS NOT FOOD GRADE PLASTIC. I know this because I have a roll and the impulse sealer in my workshop.
3. “STRETCH WRAP” comes on rolls and comes in widths from 4” to 24” maybe larger and is normally put on a tool with a handle and a knob for adjusting the tension while applying it to the pallet or boxes or what ever you are stretch wrapping. It doesn’t shrink very well at all with out blowing holes in it. Its also a slight bit thicker that “cling wrap”
4. “Cling wrap or Saran wrap” is used for food purposed and are made of “Food grade materials”. There are strict regulations for this.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:43 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Im glad you cleared this up for us...
Old 09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: zeman

Wrong terminology used. I find this funny as hell so I have to chime in. If VXL_BASH had been told to used ''heat shrink tubing'' instead of ''shrink wrap'' we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I worked in the shipping department and also as an electronic tech of a company for 12 years and have used a lot of heat shrink tubing.

Here is the way I see it.
1. ''Heat shrink tubing is designed to insulate and shrink when heat is applied and becomes fairly thick and stiff.
2. Heat shrink like shown in the link to U-Line above comes on a roll and is a tube and is meant to be use for bags by sealing each end with an impulse sealer then shrunk up around the item and IS NOT FOOD GRADE PLASTIC. I know this because I have a roll and the impulse sealer in my workshop.
3. “STRETCH WRAP” comes on rolls and comes in widths from 4” to 24” maybe larger and is normally put on a tool with a handle and a knob for adjusting the tension while applying it to the pallet or boxes or what ever you are stretch wrapping. It doesn’t shrink very well at all with out blowing holes in it. Its also a slight bit thicker that “cling wrap”
4. “Cling wrap or Saran wrap” is used for food purposed and are made of “Food grade materials”. There are strict regulations for this.
Pretty sure you're late to the party, bro.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
cswtornado

This is totally the FUNNIEST flame war I have EVER seen!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:50 PM
e123

ORIGINAL: cswtornado

This is totally the FUNNIEST flame war I have EVER seen!
+1
Old 09-03-2010, 05:00 PM
zeman
My Feedback: (28)

I might be late to the party bro, I just got tired of reading all the crap and had to cime in.