RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Please read: Be Civil and folllow forum rules (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/10110360-please-read-civil-folllow-forum-rules.html)

sheograth 11-02-2010 04:40 AM

Please read: Be Civil and folllow forum rules

Lately there has been way too much bickering, name calling, threat making and otherwise extremely childish behavior in this particular forum. If you see a post that offends you, report it and ignore it. It serves no purpose to turn a thread into a battleground. Members who are warned and continue to disregard rules and post offensively will be dealt with further.

It's impossible for moderators to read every thread thoroughly, and frankly we shouldn't have to. I'm sure that everyone here is fully capable of acting like an adult.

redfisher1974 11-02-2010 07:14 AM

RE: Please read: Be Civil and folllow forum rules

You know who the problem is, Just take care of it.....Very simple sheo.

kaiser01 11-02-2010 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

+1

i'll admit that someone got under my skin, i'm a big boy, and i was wrong to keep the bickering going.

my bad, it won't happen again. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

Krazy Chicken 11-02-2010 08:28 PM

+2, sorry, as many of you may have noticed i have been limiting my time here for this exact reason.

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

+1

i'll admit that someone got under my skin, i'm a big boy, and i was wrong to keep the bickering going.

my bad, it won't happen again. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

ThunderbirdJunkie 11-02-2010 08:32 PM

Did somebody say cookies?

ScottStaypuff 11-02-2010 09:16 PM

I hit the block button and I have to say its been good. :)

FahrtAutoRC 11-02-2010 09:18 PM

co-sign on pointing out the trouble maker. Was having a great time here until all that, but, at the same time I wasnt very adult in some spots by adding my two cents.

warheadforever 11-02-2010 09:55 PM

I personally think this should get a sticky! LOL

Yes,I have gotten it to a few miss-interpretations, but I try my absolute best to always stay calm, and keep thing cool, and fun. :D;)

armoredsaint 11-02-2010 09:59 PM

it's that new member with over 300 post in 1 week, he causes nothing but trouble for everyone here who just enjoys the hobby of RC.

Krazy Chicken 11-02-2010 10:10 PM

lol it already is a sticky

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

Yes,I have gotten it to a few miss-interpretations, but I try my absolute best to always stay calm, and keep thing cool, and fun. :D;)

RCKen 11-02-2010 11:30 PM

Ok guys, there should be no finger pointing here about who may or may not fit into category of those causing problems. Sheograth's advice applies to everybody here on the forums. If somebody responds to an attack with an attack back they are just as guilty as the person who starts it. As Sheograth recommends, if you're attacked or you see an attack the best advice is to not respond to it and simply report it<div>
</div><div>Ken</div>

downunderdog 11-02-2010 11:45 PM

But if one particular poster keeps attacking various other posters who otherwise are usually not involved in flame wars, then that one poster should probably be dealt with.

ThunderbirdJunkie 11-03-2010 12:22 AM

downunderdog, it takes more than one person to make a flame war:eek: Dunno if you noticed, but the same PEOPLE were involved in all of them.

Nobody is innocent.

downunderdog 11-03-2010 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

downunderdog, it takes more than one person to make a flame war:eek: Dunno if you noticed, but the same PEOPLE were involved in all of them.

Nobody is innocent.
Well, people who did not participate in the flaming - like me for instance - were innocent.

And with respect to those who did, let's say there's a guy, we'll call him "Mr.P" in a forum who has been a member for 6 days and made 354 posts, and say roughly half of them are pointless bickering. In the same forum, let's say that there's 5 other members who have been members for a lot longer, and let's say that when you review the posting history of each of those 5 members, maybe 95 percent of their posts are "positive contributions" to the forum experience sharing, and 5 percent are pointless bickering... and for all five of them let's say the pointless bickering posts were all in bickering with Mr.P, and none of those guys had a history of pointless bickering with anyone else.

Who would you say is the more responsible for the "flame war"? Who is the more positive presence in the forum? Who is the more negative presence? If you had to do something to stop the bickering, what do you think the most effective means of accomplishing that would be?

My first step would be to post a sticky thread reminding EVERYONE to be Civil and follow forum rules.

If that didn't work and if I had to ban someone to make it stop and I didn't want to ban EVERYONE, where do you think the logical place to start would be?

93dabeast 11-03-2010 07:45 AM

ORIGINAL: downunderdog

Nobody is innocent.
Well, people who did not participate in the flaming - like me for instance - were innocent.

And with respect to those who did, let's say there's a guy, we'll call him "Mr.P" in a forum who has been a member for 6 days and made 354 posts, and say roughly half of them are pointless bickering. In the same forum, let's say that there's 5 other members who have been members for a lot longer, and let's say that when you review the posting history of each of those 5 members, maybe 95 percent of their posts are "positive contributions" to the forum experience sharing, and 5 percent are pointless bickering... and for all five of them let's say the pointless bickering posts were all in bickering with Mr.P, and none of those guys had a history of pointless bickering with anyone else.

Who would you say is the more responsible for the "flame war"? Who is the more positive presence in the forum? Who is the more negative presence? If you had to do something to stop the bickering, what do you think the most effective means of accomplishing that would be?

My first step would be to post a sticky thread reminding EVERYONE to be Civil and follow forum rules.

If that didn't work and if I had to ban someone to make it stop and I didn't want to ban EVERYONE, where do you think the logical place to start would be?
im sorry to say dude but this is the internet. some people have nothing better to do but *****, moan and complain about pointless crap and other just like to flat out talk smack. what sheo is saying is to just ignore it. like i said this is the internet and there are alot of people who think its funny to piss others off so again ignore it. you should be alot more mature than that to sit there and contribute to garbage taking up bandwith.

just my .02

redfisher1974 11-03-2010 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ok guys, there should be no finger pointing here about who may or may not fit into category of those causing problems. Sheograth's advice applies to everybody here on the forums. If somebody responds to an attack with an attack back they are just as guilty as the person who starts it. As Sheograth recommends, if you're attacked or you see an attack the best advice is to not respond to it and simply report it<div>
</div><div>Ken</div>
Thats plain wrong and you know it Ken.

redfisher1974 11-03-2010 08:07 AM

Nobody is innocent.
Ha Ha, That made my day TBJ.

warheadforever 11-03-2010 08:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Krazy Chicken

lol it already is a sticky

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

Opps [sm=red_smile.gif][sm=72_72.gif] LOL

RCKen 11-03-2010 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: RCKen

</div><div>Ken</div>
Thats plain wrong and you know it Ken.

This is not "wrong", these are the rules of RCU. Ifsomebody is trying to cause a fight, and others jump into that fight, EVERYBODYinvolved is going to be guilty. And everybody will be dealt with. I have said this many times, the best advice is to simply ignore the person trying to cause the problems. All they are looking for is the attention, and when you answer them they have won no matter what you say. The best thing you can do is to simply move on and act like they aren't there. Report the problem and let us do our jobs and deal with the problem. We may not get it done immediately, but we will take care of the problem. In cases like this where somebody insist on creating problems they usually wind up being banned from RCU.

Ken

redfisher1974 11-03-2010 07:54 PM

I stand by my original statement...

Brainanator 11-03-2010 08:19 PM

some extra mod presence around here might help a little more too :)

RCKen 11-03-2010 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

some extra mod presence around here might help a little more too :)
We are working on this issue right now. Unfortunately the current conditions around the world have taken a toll on some of our moderators. Let's face it, when you're struggling to feed a family it's not easy to be moderating a forum. We realize that all moderators have lives outside of RCU(except for me!!) and we always give support to them at time like this. We will be evaluating where we stand on moderators and possibly be bringing on more as we can.

Ken

ThunderbirdJunkie 11-03-2010 10:50 PM

ThunderbirdJunkie has no life outside of RCU. If you guys need his help, let him know.

Of course he realizes he is not the "first" choice to be a moderator [&:]

RCKen 11-03-2010 11:10 PM

If you are interested please feel free to submit a Moderator Application: <font size="2">

http://www.rcuniverse.com/editors/modSignup.cfm

Ken</p></font>

ThunderbirdJunkie 11-03-2010 11:12 PM

Page cannot be found, good sir.