RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Uncontrollable B4.1 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/10866943-uncontrollable-b4-1-a.html)

DriftingFast 12-19-2011 02:09 PM

Uncontrollable B4.1

1 Week ago I upgraded both of my cars (TC4 and B4.1) to 2.4ghz. Since then I haven't been able to drive it because it goes backwards when I try to go forwards, vice versa, and it goes faster backwards than forwards. However I didn't have any trouble with my TC4.

Electronics
XP Digital SC450-BL ESC
Reedy 3300kV Brushless Motor
Futaba 4PL Transmitter
Futaba R2104GF Receiver

Possible Problems
I had to unplug the motor wires to clean the car.
The receiver/transmitter has to be setup.

nitrosportsandrunner 12-19-2011 02:26 PM

RE: Uncontrollable B4.1

sounds like you just need to swap 2 of the motor wires.

DriftingFast 12-19-2011 02:29 PM

The thing is that I do not know what order I should put them in; they came unlabeled.

DriftingFast 12-19-2011 02:43 PM

Ok...You were right...but it still goes faster backwards than forwards.

nitrosportsandrunner 12-19-2011 04:23 PM

ORIGINAL: DriftingFast

OK, put the motor wires back the way they were....
then...
change the reversing switch on the radio(the throttle channel) then recalibrate the ESC to the radio.

dragnse7en 12-19-2011 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

then...
change the reversing switch on the radio(the throttle channel) then recalibrate the ESC to the radio.
+1 - You beat me to the punch; I was going to say the same thing :)

DriftingFast 12-20-2011 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

then...
I already tried that, it won't start if I do that. I have to have the throttle on normal, turn it on, and then put the throttle mode in reverse.

nitrosportsandrunner 12-20-2011 11:07 AM

some ESC's only like the transmitter in norm or revs. sounds like yours likes normal.

so, i take it if you put the tx in norm, and program the ESC thats when you get the truck going backwards instead of forwards?

typically when you have an issue like yours its solved either by programing the ESC with the Tx in the opposite setting from what it was in...or just swapping 2 of the motor wires.

some ESC's have a "motor direction" setting. maybe yours does and it needs to be changed?

ThunderbirdJunkie 12-20-2011 11:08 AM

You have to recalibrate the ESC if you reverse your throttle channel, as nitrosportsandrunner clearly stated.

DriftingFast 12-20-2011 11:08 AM

I fixed it. First I reversed the throttle, then I reversed the steering, and last but not least I had to re-calibrate the throttle settings.