RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Newbe looking for suggestion, redcat vs. Hsp (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/11123214-newbe-looking-suggestion-redcat-vs-hsp.html)

agepag 06-18-2012 07:11 PM

Newbe looking for suggestion, redcat vs. Hsp

So I have been looking around and the time has come to get something to play around with. My friend recently bought a redcat (forget the model) but it seems pretty nice and was ready to go. Now that I have been reading up abit I think I want to get a brushless motor and a lipo battery. Now redcat cars come with the dual lipos where as the Hsp come with a signal lipo, so which one should I go with. Any suggestions?

Foxy 06-18-2012 10:57 PM

RE: Newbe looking for suggestion, redcat vs. Hsp

HSP is actually the original manufacturer for Redcat. Their lineups are identical, though as you have observed, the package that comes with the cars may differ. Invariably, RTR electronics are always cheap and nasty. If you plan on buying good batteries anyway (which you should), then there is no advantage to having 2 cheap ones in the box.

SyCo_VeNoM 06-19-2012 05:49 AM

as foxy said they are the same thing essentially.
only difference I can think is redcat is easier to deal with if you have a question about the RC they will answer questions relatively fast from my experience.

t9dragon 06-19-2012 09:13 AM

Just remember you get what you pay for with the cheaper RC's.

pyromatic177 06-19-2012 09:19 AM

Agreed t9.

agepag 06-19-2012 12:48 PM

I know there cheap, but I'm just going to be playing around in my backyard so I don't want to start spending too much. Edit, I am looking at the redcat monsoon xte or the hurricane xte. Both comments ready to run and have the dual lipo Batteries. So for $399 what else should I be looking at? I welcome your suggestions and input.

agepag 07-01-2012 07:46 AM

looks like redcat dropped there price, $289 for the hurricane. Seems like a great deal

The_Shark 07-01-2012 06:27 PM

dodge neon or Plymouth neon???

phmaximus 07-01-2012 11:40 PM

Personally wouldent touch either...

SyCo_VeNoM 07-02-2012 03:53 PM

I'd go ofna lx2e RTR from tower if you join their club it would be close to $300ish shipped

pyromatic177 07-02-2012 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I'd go ofna lx2e RTR from tower if you join their club it would be close to $300ish shipped
Agreed with Syco!!! Best suggestion yet buddyhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif
<br type="_moz" />

agepag 07-03-2012 07:54 AM

Thanks for the input guys, but I already went out and bought the Hurricane, $320 tax in was a preety good deal. Now let me tell you, I figured I would get the hurricane because it is there"pro" version. First time out the servo stopped working and I hit a rock, bent the dog bone! Redcat is sending me a new upgraded servo, the redat support is very good, but I am abit dissapointed. We will see how it goes the next couple of months

texchap 07-12-2012 09:40 AM

I picked up a  Hurricane XTE. I have  a slash 4x4  and a AE brushless.   Personally I love all the trucks.   I run them daily so I rotate.   I have had the hurricane for a month now with no issues.   I have run it hard and so far so good.   Is it is as good as slash?  Probabily not, howeve I have had to work a lot on my slash.  My AE 2wheel drive brushless frankly disappointed me.  I had to rebuild the differential after a month of running it.   I know there are a lot of redcat naysayers out there and frankly I can't blame them.  I have had receiver issues on the cheaper ones.  This pro series seems better built all around.