RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   What truggy to buy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/11258066-what-truggy-buy.html)

Antanooch 10-10-2012 01:50 PM

What truggy to buy

Looking to get only a rtr either Hpi trophy flux Thunder Tiger ST4 G3 or Caster racing K8T! Which one is best and why thanks!

SyCo_VeNoM 10-10-2012 01:59 PM

RE: What truggy to buy

stay away from the trophy at all cost. Thing is a royal piece of crap

most people seem to like the thunder tiger's

caster dunno never heard much from people owning them(period not just that model).

Also how is best defined to you? Best value? Best basher? Best racer? best durability?

Antanooch 10-10-2012 02:02 PM

I want best all around value

yakfish 10-10-2012 02:15 PM

Thunder tiger has a fantastic reputation. you will rarely ever hear anyone say anything negative about them. of the 3 you listed this is the one I would choose. what is your price range?

Antanooch 10-10-2012 03:08 PM

$450-$500

Haddi Taha 10-10-2012 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Antanooch

$450-$500
I will get the st4 g3 out of those
<br type="_moz" />

yakfish 10-11-2012 08:50 AM

If you shop around you can find a used Mugen, Losi or AE truggy used for that. I have put 3 of them together now for under $500 each. One MBX5T, one MBX6T and one 8ight-T 2.0 all brushless with either castle or Tekin electronics! Just have to shop around and wait for thr right deal to come up. But they are out there.

SMACKAHO 12-22-2012 06:09 PM

I going to start off by sayin the Thunder Tiger is a better RC than the trophy flux out of the box. However you will need to find one first since they no longer produce it and the MT4 is classified as a Monster Truck. I have owned the trophy truggy for a little over a month now and let me say it is tough! 3rd day out of the box my mistake a carpet cleaning truck at my property ran it over with its back tire! $35.OO Two shock towers bent and a front hub and it was back 100% "luckily I was running it without the body! Then a week ago running it with my friends Vorza we collided head on at around 30 mph broke a front hub he blew his savox 1256tg servo! I have countless 10 foot jumps or more, street full speed runs and alot of grass/sand and everything has held up good as new! Maybe I'm a easy on mine compared to others??????????? doubtful! Unless you run this off the roof of your house or cannot land jumps without a parachute it is a well built RTR. Just my 2 cents.